Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The perils of ghost hunting

cpjason

Good point...lol don't scare me. Well, I have been told that they go away usually and the 2 other times I had it happen it did go away. Maybe it's something else and maybe they didn't really go away after all..hehe

CP what kind of haunting did you investigate before this thing attached itself to you? JN

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• cpjason

• primordial

• Loonboy

I think you interpreted it wrong, the idea of a protection prayer is to make sure nothing follows you home. Make is something simple, e.g "St Michael protect me while ghost hunting and don't let anything attach itself to me or follow me home, Amen". I dunno, I don't think it will repel spirits completely, I'm really just wondering if they work.

I agree Blue, that St.Michaels prayer alone, can not only keep you safe and protected at the location, but also once you leave and go home. No one ever knows regardless of what a client might say, as to what they are really waking into? JN

In the next following years, there were some minor unexplainable things like the shadows, the faint tapping on the walls…but they decrease in my observation.

Angela is now 10, and she is right into these Paranormal shows. Her last experience was really astonishing. I have posted her account and the picture of the doll.

My theory is that..after all my numerous ghost hunts, they visit, and then go away..or perhaps, perhaps one is still here..cautious.

I remember you sharing Angela's accounts with us.

I understand some spooks come in and suddenly go like they came, but also, there are those that with time escalate in its' haunting or remain constant, but never leave.

Imo, maybe it would depend on the personality of the spook or the nature of the spook itself. Suppose there are few factors that would/could influence a haunting's nature.

I remember you sharing Angela's accounts with us.

I understand some spooks come in and suddenly go like they came, but also, there are those that with time escalate in its' haunting or remain constant, but never leave.

Imo, maybe it would depend on the personality of the spook or the nature of the spook itself. Suppose there are few factors that would/could influence a haunting's nature.

Exactly. I agree! JN :yes:

Very interesting.

It is rare indeed for people to report ghosts following them home. Its something a lot of people are afraid of, but actual credible reports are tough to come by. In fact, I remember someone asking Jay and Grant from TAPS on Beyond Reality Radio if anything had ever followed them home and I believe they both answered no.

I can say nothing has ever followed me, and sometimes certain group members will do some type of protection prayer, but I don't give the idea of something following me much thought and don't really give any power to the idea. So, hopefully that will be enough for me. I'll let ya know though, haha.

I do have to confess..I do sometimes see these shadows or dark things move in the corner in my eye, and when I look at it, it disappears. Quite frustrating. I do find this very normal in everyone, however after every each ghost hunt, it seems that these shadows do increase. I think it is a survival instinct that we had for millions of years(posted about this b4), and still, I don’t understand why.

I'll try to make this story short and you might have read it b4 in the Forum: Angela, my daughter, heard footsteps walking from the kitchen to the side of her bed n she woke me up. I did immediately sensed something was indeed was in the house, an intruder. Angela was 6 years old at the time and the way she had explained to me about the experience of hearing the steps.. its sent shivers of intense dread. Very hard to explain, and how can a child disclose such a story. In the next following years, there were some minor unexplainable things like the shadows, the faint tapping on the walls…but they decrease in my observation.

Angela is now 10, and she is right into these Paranormal shows. Her last experience was really astonishing. I have posted her account and the picture of the doll.

My theory is that..after all my numerous ghost hunts, they visit, and then go away..or perhaps, perhaps one is still here..cautious.

Hi Primordial,

Im interested in the story of our daughter and the doll if you can post or pm me please..... Thanks honey...

I have to say i personally feel that the only way one could be truly safe is to seek the protection of the Holy Spirit and to be surrounded by a "bubble" (or whatever one would choose to call it) of light from the same...

Requesting extra help from the Saints surely wont hurt though.

Hi JN and Shanky!!!

Blessings all....

Edited by WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

Yes I suppose that would work if you didn't want something to follow you home, however, why be protected while ghost hunting?

Surely you'd want to be exposed to everything you could be? Why limit the experience?

I'd want to see it all good, bad or indifferent.

:geek:

Sure it may limit the expirience slightly but its better then walking into a building unprotected with the possibility of a poltergeist or demonic entity. Every ghost hunt is, to a certain degree Russian roulette, you could get a good spirit, a bad one, or none at all. I wouldn't want to be exposed to a poltergeist or a demonic entity. Thats just my opinion though, I prefer people to be safe.

Hi Primordial,

Im interested in the story of our daughter and the doll if you can post or pm me please..... Thanks honey...

I have to say i personally feel that the only way one could be truly safe is to seek the protection of the Holy Spirit and to be surrounded by a "bubble" (or whatever one would choose to call it) of light from the same...

Hi JN and Shanky!!!

Blessings all....

This is the account of the doll. click here Angela’s friends like this doll for some reason. No, I don’t try to scare them, however, telling them about where we had found the doll seems to frighten them. The old hospital is now torn down. Nothing remains. It had taken awhile to come down. Some readers might know it is the Holy Family hospital

linked-image

look into the holy family vids..

Edited by primordial

I wasn't a believer until I had an experience. My parents moved into a new house and started experiencing things in the hallway that led to the loungeroom. Dark shadows, cold sensations, feeling of being touched, tapping. When my old man told me what was happening I just laughed.

Until one day me, my wife and my 7 year old daughter visited and as we entered the front door this foul smell of rotten just inundated us. During the evening when we were having dinner the dog started barking like mad towards the corner of the ceiling. I felt something touching my hair. When we went home that night and went to bed, my daughter came in our bedroom and said she was seeing dark shadows. That was the only time it happened.

Seems like the ghost liked the company that night and decided to follow us home. It went back to my parents place anyway but don't know how it found its way!!!

I suspect it may have something to do with the way I try to provoke contact. I can appear very angry when I do it, and don't hold back. I get even worse when I know someone lived there who was a bad person such as a child molester or what have you. It's just a guess, but have no other way to explain it. Yeah and like I said it's only happened 3 times in over 10 years so its like getting hit by a tornado it almost never happens.

I suspect it may have something to do with the way I try to provoke contact. I can appear very angry when I do it, and don't hold back. I get even worse when I know someone lived there who was a bad person such as a child molester or what have you. It's just a guess, but have no other way to explain it. Yeah and like I said it's only happened 3 times in over 10 years so its like getting hit by a tornado it almost never happens.

Is the entity still at your home? If so, how often does it make contact with you CP? JN

Is the entity still at your home? If so, how often does it make contact with you CP? JN

Yeah it is, and it does something at least 1 time per week. It's usually when I go to bed really late around 2am that it happens more often. That time of morning is when I get the tug on my foot or the feeling of something lying with me.

It's possible I supposed that it isn't related to my travels and investigations. Maybe I am just drawing conclusions and it it coincidence that it happened after a investigation. At any rate I know how to get rid of it if I ever need to, and it hasn't really done anything bad. No matter how brave you think you are, a invisible being touching you will always give you chills. Anyone who says any different is lying.

I also sometimes get the feeling it's staring at me when I am on these forums or other forums writing messages about haunting's. Maybe it's reading what I am saying..hehe

I will live with it and if it never does anything bad to me, I will leave it alone. It's to the point now that it doesn't even surprise me anymore. I just shrug it off, roll over and go to sleep.

Edited by cpjason

No matter how brave you think you are, a invisible being touching you will always give you chills. Anyone who says any different is lying.

I also sometimes get the feeling it's staring at me when I am on these forums or other forums writing messages about haunting's. Maybe it's reading what I am saying..hehe

I will live with it and if it never does anything bad to me, I will leave it alone. It's to the point now that it doesn't even surprise me anymore. I just shrug it off, roll over and go to sleep.

Ditto ........... almost, it never ceases to surprise me. You know what though? I am getting used to some things, like the person howling. I can't believe I was annoyed enough to say, "STOP it", the last time that guy visited. I am getting braver. :D

Yeah it is, and it does something at least 1 time per week. It's usually when I go to bed really late around 2am that it happens more often. That time of morning is when I get the tug on my foot or the feeling of something lying with me.

It's possible I supposed that it isn't related to my travels and investigations. Maybe I am just drawing conclusions and it it coincidence that it happened after a investigation. At any rate I know how to get rid of it if I ever need to, and it hasn't really done anything bad. No matter how brave you think you are, a invisible being touching you will always give you chills. Anyone who says any different is lying.

Cool, I just wonder exactly what type of entity this might be? I mean, I think its rare for a human spirit to climb into your bed, and touch you in certain areas, almost in a sexual sort of way, then tug at your feet in the morning, which leads me to believe its around you all night, and spends a great deal of time staring at you, which can make anyone uncomfortable. I never thought spirits had that amount of energy, but of course I could be very wrong, so this is new to me, and quite interesting. But being in the field, I know that you know when its time to either coexist or get rid of it. This entity seems to show some intelligence and also a bit of manipulation, by attempting to get that close to you, in an intimate sort of way which I find a tad disturbing, but thats just ME. Ignoring it is the best way, as long as some point it doesnt escalate activity to get more responses from you, but doesnt look like its going anywhere, anytime soon. Keep us posted ok? JN

Found a case where a poltergeist followed two boys home, not really the same situation as I am in, but interesting none the less.source

Published Date: 07 October 2008

A POLTERGEIST followed a Horsham teenager home from a night's camping and is now terrorising him and his family, he has claimed.

Stephen Foster, 18, says the ghostly goings-on began when he and his friend Todd Bevis, 16, decided to go camping in St Leonard's Forest, near St John the Evangelist Church at Coolhurst.

More than a month later Stephen is still living in terror since he believes an 'evil force' they encountered in the forest has followed him home.

Doors open and close on their own and he has seen dark shapes flitting around his bedroom.

The family have even invited a paranormal investigation team to visit their home in bid to rid themselves of the ghostly presence.

Following one terrifying night two weeks after the camping trip, Stephen has refused to enter his bedroom and instead sleeps downstairs on the sofa.

During their camping trip, Stephen and Todd said they saw strange lights, heard the sound of a girl screaming, and felt a strange presence try to enter the tent.

His mother Caroline, who works in a care home, has backed up her son's ghoulish tale.

"I don't know what's going on," she said. "I tend to be more sceptical about these things, but there was just no explanation for it."

The family are now awaiting a visit from the Sussex Paranormal Research Group, but in the meantime Stephen says he fears for his safety.

Found a case where a poltergeist followed two boys home, not really the same situation as I am in, but interesting none the less.source

Published Date: 07 October 2008

A POLTERGEIST followed a Horsham teenager home from a night's camping and is now terrorising him and his family, he has claimed.

Stephen Foster, 18, says the ghostly goings-on began when he and his friend Todd Bevis, 16, decided to go camping in St Leonard's Forest, near St John the Evangelist Church at Coolhurst.

More than a month later Stephen is still living in terror since he believes an 'evil force' they encountered in the forest has followed him home.

Doors open and close on their own and he has seen dark shapes flitting around his bedroom.

The family have even invited a paranormal investigation team to visit their home in bid to rid themselves of the ghostly presence.

Following one terrifying night two weeks after the camping trip, Stephen has refused to enter his bedroom and instead sleeps downstairs on the sofa.

During their camping trip, Stephen and Todd said they saw strange lights, heard the sound of a girl screaming, and felt a strange presence try to enter the tent.

His mother Caroline, who works in a care home, has backed up her son's ghoulish tale.

"I don't know what's going on," she said. "I tend to be more sceptical about these things, but there was just no explanation for it."

The family are now awaiting a visit from the Sussex Paranormal Research Group, but in the meantime Stephen says he fears for his safety.

Thanks Jas, but that doesnt seem like a Poltergeist to me. Seems either malevolent or Demonic but JMO. Cant wait till the investigation. Thanks for sharing that..JN

Thanks Jas, but that doesnt seem like a Poltergeist to me. Seems either malevolent or Demonic but JMO. Cant wait till the investigation. Thanks for sharing that..JN

True, I just called it that because thats what the news article called it.

True, I just called it that because thats what the news article called it.

Gotcha..Wonder when the team is going out there? JN

If it were me, I'd be very leary about it touching me & I'd be concerned about the nature of this presence. They'll start out subtle, even interesting, in the AWWWE sense, but they do/can intensify with time. In many circumstances, it gets to the point where it's not so welcomed anymore. The problem with such things is they're not predictable. They or It doesn't think or react like we would, nor like we would assume it (should.) It's not like there's a bonafide cure/remedy for these things-

Hi Primordial,

Hi JN and Shanky!!!

Blessings all....

Hi Warrior, Nice to see you again. I also agree with you post.JN ;)

Only once did I ever feel the need to try some kind of spiritual "protection" before an investigation. And in that one case we were able to pretty much debunk everything so it was a non-issue.

OTOH, there was a case we were in "stand by" mode for that, if it had come to be, I would have definately employed all the faith protection I could muster. But that would have been a very extreme case and definately an exception to the norm.

The StephenF thing is still in limbo I think, he has the Sussex team coming out to investigate and says he's going to post the results here when it happens. Lot of speculation going on there..

I think if you're both comfortable with each other though, who are we to judge? Interesting thing to think on when doing any type of investigation though...

Thanks for sharing!

The StephenF thing is still in limbo I think, he has the Sussex team coming out to investigate and says he's going to post the results here when it happens. Lot of speculation going on there..

I think if you're both comfortable with each other though, who are we to judge? Interesting thing to think on when doing any type of investigation though...

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I hope they can get out there soon and it will be documented somewhere..JN

I just thought I would give you an update on my unwanted visitor. Things kept happening and this week a friend of mine who investigates out of Chicago was in town and he also happens to be a demonologist. I didn't plan on having the house blessed, but he was in town and wanted to do it for me so I let him do it. I haven't had any activity since he was here, and he did a pretty thorough job of it so I am pretty confident that it has gone away.

I got some EMF readings, and a mild temperature change, took a few photos and did some EVP work before he blessed the house. I haven't gone through it all yet but I will upload it to the website if I find anything. I was getting a EMF spike of 5 milligauss when I felt it lie next to me so nothing spectacular, but the baseline in my bedroom is virtually non existent until you get over by my computer. I was also getting EMF spiked and cold spots that seemed to follow me around as I walked the house at night. I only walked the house with my equipment 1 night for a couple hours, and he blessed it the next day so I probably won't get anymore information on it.

When I told him it was physically touching me, and I was seeing shadows he thought it might be something evil trying to gain my confidence or at least lull me into a fale sense of security. I think he was wrong, but he is one those people you don't want to argue with much. He is a little flaky and and thinks everything is demonic...hehe. Nice guy though, very knowledgeable and and good friend for many years.

The more that I think about it, I wonder if this was something that was already in my home for some time and not something that came home with me after an investigation. I will never know for sure, but don't let this thread scare you away from paranormal investigation. If you find yourself with a haunted house, don't worry because they can't hurt you.

Edited by cpjason