Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The perils of ghost hunting

cpjason

I just thought I would give you an update on my unwanted visitor. Things kept happening and this week a friend of mine who investigates out of Chicago was in town and he also happens to be a demonologist. I didn't plan on having the house blessed, but he was in town and wanted to do it for me so I let him do it. I haven't had any activity since he was here, and he did a pretty thorough job of it so I am pretty confident that it has gone away.

I got some EMF readings, and a mild temperature change, took a few photos and did some EVP work before he blessed the house. I haven't gone through it all yet but I will upload it to the website if I find anything. I was getting a EMF spike of 5 milligauss when I felt it lie next to me so nothing spectacular, but the baseline in my bedroom is virtually non existent until you get over by my computer. I was also getting EMF spiked and cold spots that seemed to follow me around as I walked the house at night. I only walked the house with my equipment 1 night for a couple hours, and he blessed it the next day so I probably won't get anymore information on it.

The more that I think about it, I wonder if this was something that was already in my home for some time and not something that came home with me after an investigation. I will never know for sure, but don't let this thread scare you away from paranormal investigation. If you find yourself with a haunted house, don't worry because they can't hurt you.

Hi CP, That is great news and so glad he blessed your home and that its now gone. What did the Demonologist think it was Demonic or malevolant? They can usually tell the difference. Also any activity during the blessing? Glad its gone and now you have the bed to yourself LOL..JN

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustNormal

• cpjason

• primordial

• Loonboy

Hi CP, That is great news and so glad he blessed your home and that its now gone. What did the Demonologist think it was Demonic or malevolant? They can usually tell the difference. Also any activity during the blessing? Glad its gone and now you have the bed to yourself LOL..JN

He thought it might have been a succubus...kinky eh? hehe Yeah one thing happened to him, he said something blew in his ear, but other than that it was pretty boring.

Would it not make things easier to investigate spirits, if one followed you home?

Ah. Touche. Lol. :D

Sure it may limit the expirience slightly but its better then walking into a building unprotected with the possibility of a poltergeist or demonic entity. Every ghost hunt is, to a certain degree Russian roulette, you could get a good spirit, a bad one, or none at all. I wouldn't want to be exposed to a poltergeist or a demonic entity. Thats just my opinion though, I prefer people to be safe.

I have to disagree (again! lol). The very fact that someone is spending a night in a dilapidated mansion, or in an old factory, or wherever, means that the person is already in an unsafe environment. The element of risk is increased. There is more to worry about with old floorboards collapsing, or walking into a sharp nail in the dark, than from any spirits/entities present.

Limiting the experience slightly in addition to the very slight probability of anything happening at all means that you're diminishing your chances of experiencing anything to zilch.

I wouldn't protect myself if I wanted to see or experience something. I would do a prayer/ritual afterwards. And I would have people with me who could help, should anything sinister happen to me.

:geek:

Edited by Loonboy

He thought it might have been a succubus...kinky eh? hehe Yeah one thing happened to him, he said something blew in his ear, but other than that it was pretty boring.

That was my thought as well and was obvious. Not so kinky if you realize these things have no gender, so cool off there big guy LOL..At least it left fairly easy so you lucked out my friend..Good job. JN :tu:

Hmm It tends to reason that a Spirit or entity could follow you home. Makes you think of old abandoned homes that are haunted. Ghost hunters show up and the spirit attaches itself and follows them around.. You were correct to have the place blessed. Hopefully that brings an end to the ghostly happenings.

Ah. Touche. Lol. :D

I have to disagree (again! lol). The very fact that someone is spending a night in a dilapidated mansion, or in an old factory, or wherever, means that the person is already in an unsafe environment. The element of risk is increased. There is more to worry about with old floorboards collapsing, or walking into a sharp nail in the dark, than from any spirits/entities present.

Limiting the experience slightly in addition to the very slight probability of anything happening at all means that you're diminishing your chances of experiencing anything to zilch.

I wouldn't protect myself if I wanted to see or experience something. I would do a prayer/ritual afterwards. And I would have people with me who could help, should anything sinister happen to me.

:geek:

I think you make a valid point, sure the places where you hunt can be hazardous, but bringing something back home with you makes your home more unsafe, so your just making a safe place more dangerous and half the time we end up out in the field anyway, my opinion is I would rather keep my home ghost free, being out in the field is a lot more fun and if the right safety precautions are taken you can minimize chances of getting injured, e.g. making sure that the place isn't asbestos infested, that its not falling apart, usually age gives it away and also those big keep out danger signs are usually good advice.

The protection only limits the expirience as much as you want it to, if you pray to be fully protected against anythign evil or dangerous then yes you will hopefully not have encounters with negative spirits, it doesn't mean the positive ones wont show.

Don't spose you say any protection prayers before and after you go hunting, just wondering if it works, what an interesting ghost you have, seems really playful, I wish there was a way to find out who it is.

I was just about to ask the same thing...LOL... I feel that would be a wise choice for anyone hunting for ghost. Psychic (emotional) vamps are real, and their not just dead either, we all are energy vamps, because words, thoughts and actions are energy and we all interact with each other, but energy vamps suck more energy than they do give it, therefore draining you and making you weak and sick. If a spirit was a energy vamp when they were living than they died with that trait, therefore they are earthbound wandering around looking for energy to feed upon.

I have been researching the paranormal for around 10 years, and travel all over the Great Lakes area in search of new evidence. I travel further from time to time to see famous hot spots such as Gettysburg and a few others but for the most part I stay close to home.

I'm not afraid of ghosts. The ones wanting to cross over come to me. I deal with them on a daily basis. I've also gotten rid of mean ghosts and demons. One of the reason why someone can be followed by a ghost is because they're seeking someone to help them cross over. They can't figure out how to do it themselves, so they seek help. Most "hauntings" are just these kinds of ghosts. They move objects, make noise, or try to do something that'll attract the livings' attention.

Usually, the mean ghosts will hurt or cause some type of damage. Demons do this also. It helps greatly if the person getting rid of the mean ones have special spiritual giftings in sensing the difference between which type of spirit is present, or we'll end up scaring off the ones seeking help. And if we don't know how to deal with the harmful ones, we can get our butts kicked, or just move them to someone else's property, making them now that family's problem.

Also, there are very few ghost children. Most of the ones we see or hear are actually adult ghosts reverting back to a child. Children who die under the age of 8 are crossed over immediately.

I've written a book on my experiences, if anyone cares to know. Just write me.

Edited by RosieTanza

The idea something might follow me home is what has kept from getting involved in any of the ghost hunting groups where I live. My main fear is that something would follow me and harm my two little girls. My husband and I swear up and down that we have a ghost in our house. We've had a lot of strange things happen here but that's another post for another time. My main concern there would be that I inadvertly invited something in while doing research. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a update on my situation for those of you who are interested. Everything has been quiet in my house ever since my demonologist friend blessed my home. It has been quiet except for one thing. It took me nearly 2 weeks to get a good look at what I have been seeing because it is very faint. It has been equally hard to catch on camera, as it seems to avoid my direct eye contact at every turn. Whenever I see it, a second later it is gone but I have been seeing it quite often.

Probably the first 10 times I saw it, I thought it was something normal. I thought I was seeing dust in my house. It looks like a little piece of white fluff floating around my home. It is small, white, and it seems to be following me around. It really got my attention the other day when I had my EMF meter out while watching ghost hunters on television. I was turning the meter on and off and measuring the field strength in my living room during commercials. I was just bored and I sometimes play with my ghost hunting tools when I am bored..heh. Anyways I turned it on and I got a small reading....the next thing you know I see this little piece of fluff in my field of vision again. This time it was different though, because it was dark in the room and it stayed in one spot long enough for me to get a really good look at it. It wasn't fluff, dust or anything else. It looked like tiny white apparition, that almost looked like a pair of wings.

It seems to be following me around, and it usually is over my head, and stays around 2 feet above me just out view whenever I see it. I use a 10mw laser to spot vaporous anomalies and invisible apparitions on ghost hunts (if you never tried it, give it a try...lasers see everything). I started using my laser to find this thing and I found it several times that night. I see it maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks..when I do see it I get my laser out and try to find it repeatedly and I usually can. It seems to avoid my eye contact in a intelligent way. When I look up and spot it, the thing moves away so I can't see it. I then scan around with my laser and hit on it. When I get the laser in the right spot I get the reflection of it just for half a second before it moves away again. I can literally track it around the room with my laser until it decides to disappear.

I haven't been able to get any video or a single picture...it moves too fast, and I'm doing my best to catch it but it's very hard to do it by myself. I need to aim the laser at it and then tilt the camera up there. By the time the camera is there it's gone. It's so small and faint I can't leave a static camera on and see it very well. It just looks like a dust particle on camera because it won't get close enough to really see it in detail, but I have seen it in detail with my naked eye. I found a good video that looks almost exactly like what I'm seeing, and here it is.......

. (look close at around 1:40 to 1:55 on the video.)

(shrug) I am not looking for any help or advice. I just thought some of you might find it interesting.

Edited by cpjason

I haven't been able to get any video or a single picture...it moves too fast, and I'm doing my best to catch it but it's very hard to do it by myself. I need to aim the laser at it and then tilt the camera up there. By the time the camera is there it's gone. It's so small and faint I can't leave a static camera on and see it very well. It just looks like a dust particle on camera because it won't get close enough to really see it in detail, but I have seen it in detail with my naked eye. I found a good video that looks almost exactly like what I'm seeing, and here it is.......

...what the hell was that?

looked as if someone just dropped some fluffy thing, or string.

Here is a update on my situation for those of you who are interested. Everything has been quiet in my house ever since my demonologist friend blessed my home. It has been quiet except for one thing. It took me nearly 2 weeks to get a good look at what I have been seeing because it is very faint. It has been equally hard to catch on camera, as it seems to avoid my direct eye contact at every turn. Whenever I see it, a second later it is gone but I have been seeing it quite often.

Probably the first 10 times I saw it, I thought it was something normal. I thought I was seeing dust in my house. It looks like a little piece of white fluff floating around my home. It is small, white, and it seems to be following me around. It really got my attention the other day when I had my EMF meter out while watching ghost hunters on television. I was turning the meter on and off and measuring the field strength in my living room during commercials. I was just bored and I sometimes play with my ghost hunting tools when I am bored..heh. Anyways I turned it on and I got a small reading....the next thing you know I see this little piece of fluff in my field of vision again. This time it was different though, because it was dark in the room and it stayed in one spot long enough for me to get a really good look at it. It wasn't fluff, dust or anything else. It looked like tiny white apparition, that almost looked like a pair of wings.

It seems to be following me around, and it usually is over my head, and stays around 2 feet above me just out view whenever I see it. I use a 10mw laser to spot vaporous anomalies and invisible apparitions on ghost hunts (if you never tried it, give it a try...lasers see everything). I started using my laser to find this thing and I found it several times that night. I see it maybe once a week or once every 2 weeks..when I do see it I get my laser out and try to find it repeatedly and I usually can. It seems to avoid my eye contact in a intelligent way. When I look up and spot it, the thing moves away so I can't see it. I then scan around with my laser and hit on it. When I get the laser in the right spot I get the reflection of it just for half a second before it moves away again. I can literally track it around the room with my laser until it decides to disappear.

(shrug) I am not looking for any help or advice. I just thought some of you might find it interesting.

Hi CP, thanks for keeping us updated. I guess that would be ecto or a manifestation of a spirit. I once saw a massive "cloud" over my bed, grabbed my camera and caught it and it was a disposable camera, taken over a year ago. The room was pitch black but it was quite bright and big, to say the least. Everyone on here thought it was smoke, but I NEVER smoke in my bedroom lol. So I can relate to your sightenings, and keep us posted..JN

I didn’t know where else to post my story. I was just following the title of the thread and creepy n’ captivating story cpjason.

I was thinking of making a new thread but something might have followed me home. I have the picture of the Cross. Story is uncomplicated..it was on my yard this morning and I do rem seeing the Cross waay b4, but where?! I have no cemeteries near me and I live in a remote rural area. Why would somebody drop this off at my yard n who? Strange indeed. Now..I have the burden to find the graveyard and replace it or keep it till I know where it belongs. I might have seen it before… but how can I rem such a thing?

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by primordial

LOL! Yeah! this one would make a pretty good thread unto itself! Still, I wouldn't be too concerned about the cross appearing in the yard. It could simply be that some one stole it and dropped it off to get rid of it. Unless you are having some seriously bad stuff happen since it showed up, I would just put it out in the far end of the back yard or something. Maybe even go as far as to take it out to a cemetery and either leave it or bury it there. Just a thought!

One of my coming home with me stories...lol

I have been researching the paranormal for around 10 years, and travel all over the Great Lakes area in search of new evidence. I travel further from time to time to see famous hot spots such as Gettysburg and a few others but for the most part I stay close to home.

In the past I have had a ghosts follow me home, but they usually don't stay very long, and it doesn't happen very often. I always wonder if they will stay for good, and it has always been a worry in the back of my mind. I love seeing paranormal happenings but I want them to be away from my home. They always have gone away until now, and my house is officially haunted.

It is a new house, no one has died here and no one I know has died recently. Starting about 3 months ago when I got home from a trip in Wisconsin it started to happen. I have the feeling that someone is staring a hole through me from behind when im sitting and working on my computer. When I go to bed I lay down and something rubs a finger across my butt slowly which sends chills down my spine no matter how often it happens and it does happen often. It tugs on one of my feet, and climbs into bed with me. I can feel it pressing down on the bed as if a body's weight was there next to me and my bed becomes ice cold. It doesn't feel evil at all, and is just being playful. I don't scare easily so it doesn't really bother me. I actually find it entertaining because of my passion for the paranormal.

It seems centered on my bedroom for whatever reason but I also have happenings in other parts of the house. I will see shadows out of the corner of my eye if I go to the kitchen at night, and sometimes it will play with the back of my hair as I am walking to the bathroom. Most of the time it's in my bedroom though as I spend more time there than anywhere because my computer is in the bedroom. I haven't used any of my equipment on it yet as I have tried to ignore it like I always to to make it get bored and leave, but this time it isn't working and I fear that it will never stop.

I just wanted to share my story with you because I know a lot of people are thinking about hunting ghosts in their spare time. Keep in mind that this can happen to you. It is very rare, and probably won't happen but it is possible so be aware of the possibility if you decide to become a ghost hunter.

In January of 2008 we (www.spectercom.com) did a small walk-though EVP session at an old Lutheran Cemetery. I noticed a group of about 25 graves from the Mid 1800's. They all were written in German. I can speak a fair amount of German, therefore I asked if they could speak in to one of the Recorders (digital) that we had. We closed the "Hunt" and went home to review the evidence. Upon listening to the audio, we found nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

About a week later, we were home. Myself, Wife and 3 kids. (Ages 15, 12, and 1.5). My infant son has a "Pizza Elmo. When you press the button, it activates. It moves around and sings. On the night of 01-15-08, my wife, myself, and infant son was setting in our kitchen and talking. My oldest two kids were in a bedroom playing a video game. All of a sudden, Pizza Elmo, activated, all by itself. My wife and I looked at each other and laughed (thinking, old batteries, pressure changes...etc.) 30 Seconds later it went off again. 30 seconds after that, it activated again. I jumped up, grabbed my recorder, and stood over the Elmo while it was going off a 3rd time. It went off 5 times in total. Please listen to the attached audio. You will hear Elmo sinnging. Then you will hear a "goofy" laugh (EVP), and a very thick German Accented Guy say something. What do you hear? Note, my wife and kids stood in the Kitchen doorway, very silent watching me. No TV or radios were on. The Video game was on the other side of the house on the opposite side of the kitchen. Enjoy.

Audio

Interesting story, one thing I've always thought could be a possiblity is like US HUMANS, how we need a shelter and a place to call home, it might very well possibly

be that they TOO need a place for shelter and a place they could call their home as well. I wouldn't mind sharing my home with a few spirits, I quiet enjoy the ones

I have in my home currently, the things that happen are so facinating. But thats my theory is that like human beings how we need a shelter and home to call our own,

these spirits that are in a new home where no one has passed away could be a wandering lost soul that just like us wants a place to call home as well.