Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Flame Dragon

Telekenesis

62 posts in this topic

cspooky00

i personaly believe in tk and am currently tryin to figure out what makes up the energy but no mater if science proves anything because all thos braniacs try to do is bring down other peoples belifes by throwing in equations and figures because they are just affraid of coming in contact with a hire power or and being greater than they are capable of dreaming of besides that in all fairness how something such as tk be made up i mean just look back in history for as far back people have spoken of storys and experiences and have had theorys passed down just like witch craft and magik.

mewtwo

I think telekinesis works on inertia.

At the smallest level a matter is basically chaotic energy, but this chaotic information collapses into physical matter at higher levels of observation.

I think TK reduces the randomness of the energy. It brings a bit of order to the chaos and thus effects the inertia of the matter and sometimes motion follows.

It is as good a theory as any, and accounts for a lack of energy transference.

Shadowmalerenamon

At the smallest level a matter is basically chaotic energy, but this chaotic information collapses into physical matter at higher levels of observation.

I think TK reduces the randomness of the energy. It brings a bit of order to the chaos and thus effects the inertia of the matter and sometimes motion follows.

Very well, then how does this happen exactly?

mewtwo

Same way conscious intent works on RNG's.

I have no clue.

:D

D1CKY D1AMOND
i personaly believe in tk and am currently tryin to figure out what makes up the energy but no mater if science proves anything because all thos braniacs try to do is bring down other peoples belifes by throwing in equations and figures because they are just affraid of coming in contact with a hire power or and being greater than they are capable of dreaming of besides that in all fairness how something such as tk be made up i mean just look back in history for as far back people have spoken of storys and experiences and have had theorys passed down just like witch craft and magik.

Is telekinesis possible? I think it is however what is the probability that people can move an object using no physical force?

Let's be rational here and set aside beliefs whatever they may be for a second.

Regarding history before a 100 years ago is moot. It is moot because back before the modern age people could not explain thing like illusions and trickery thus they equated what they seen as divine, witchcraft and magic etc.

Regarding science and scientists, not all scientists are atheists etc... Many do believe is a higher power etc however they also believe scientific method.

Before I made this post after reading this comment I decided to read up on whether or not there is hard data regarding TK. People have researched TK and almost all non-biased studies come up with an inconclusive result.

I'm sorry if I just can't take peoples word for it... I would like to believe that such feats are possible but I need more then corny youtube videos and reassurances.

What can you guys give me to convince me such things are possible?

D1CKY D1AMOND
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_i...antum_mechanics

I think quantum mechanics holds the key to understanding the engine behind TK.

I think we as observers can decide how the multiverse splits, it is just too complicated for me to explain!

The link you provided doesn't say anything about telekinesis at all... According to those who claim to be able to use TK and those who believe it there is some sort of exotic energy source responsible.

Inertia is an objects resistance to change in motion.... It's inertia will always be equal to it's mass and so on.

At the smallest level matter is composed of quarks and leptons..... At the subatomic level the laws of general physic do break down and things are most certainly chaotic. However just because anything can be possible at the subatomic level does not in any way imply that the atomic level where things become organized and structured, that the same applies.

In order for the inertia of an object to change it's mass has to change.... Remember inertia is simply an objects resistance to a change in motion.

For example let's say you have a 10 ounce ball bearing sitting on a table, in order to move that ball bearing you need to apply force equivalent to it's mass (weight) in order to make it move..... an objects inertia (resistance) will always be equivalent to it's mass.

I don't think it is..... Regardless of personal beliefs regarding TK universal laws are universal laws.

If such a feat is possible then there has to be an explanation that does not violate universal law.

mewtwo

That is exactly what inertia is, and that is why a change in velocity is what can occur as a result.

I do not believe in restructuring of matter I never said that.

cspooky00
Is telekinesis possible? I think it is however what is the probability that people can move an object using no physical force?

Let's be rational here and set aside beliefs whatever they may be for a second.

Regarding history before a 100 years ago is moot. It is moot because back before the modern age people could not explain thing like illusions and trickery thus they equated what they seen as divine, witchcraft and magic etc.

Regarding science and scientists, not all scientists are atheists etc... Many do believe is a higher power etc however they also believe scientific method.

Before I made this post after reading this comment I decided to read up on whether or not there is hard data regarding TK. People have researched TK and almost all non-biased studies come up with an inconclusive result.

I'm sorry if I just can't take peoples word for it... I would like to believe that such feats are possible but I need more then corny youtube videos and reassurances.

What can you guys give me to convince me such things are possible?

im not sayin all scientsts are skeptics or athiests im just sayin the ones that are are really affraid to see something with their own eyes on their own plains so they hide behind physics and formulas and things of that sort but in all reality i believe all tk and any other sorts of powers tie back to (if i may say as a soon to be youth minister) god. i know it sounds pagen and all but just think of how jesus christ him self was able to heal the sik and change water to wine even walk on water i mean even scientists cant explain that and jesus isnt the only one just look at greek mythology.

Lord*Kur

scientists don't need to explain word of mouth folklore that's 2000 years old

D1CKY D1AMOND
im not sayin all scientsts are skeptics or athiests im just sayin the ones that are are really affraid to see something with their own eyes on their own plains so they hide behind physics and formulas and things of that sort but in all reality i believe all tk and any other sorts of powers tie back to (if i may say as a soon to be youth minister) god.

Personally I don't care what faith you are or whether or not your going to be a minister cause it's really not an issue nor does it give you any expertise in such areas of understanding or explanation.

In reality you don't need to be able to explain something to prove it exists.

Moving an object with you mind for example could be proven in a controlled setting. Even if we cannot understand how it works using modern scientific methods of observation we could prove that such abilities exist. As I've said in other threads I won't say such abilities do or do not exist however I am doubtful mainly because of the rhetoric we hear from most people claiming powers.

i know it sounds pagen and all but just think of how jesus christ him self was able to heal the sik and change water to wine even walk on water i mean even scientists cant explain that and jesus isnt the only one just look at greek mythology.

The claims of Jesus cannot be proven to have actually happened and the bible is a horrible historic reference because the book itself over a couple thousand years has been edited and changed over time.

The claims made in the bible have to be dismissed because there is no way of knowing whether or not they were true or if he even existed and i equate bible stories to that of mythology like Greek mythology or Norse mythology.