Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many powers do you have?

Flame Dragon

I am still of the opinion that if people want to "brag" about all their special powers, there should be a Special powers Olympics. But on a serious note; I believe it's not completely out of the realm of possibility to have abilities that cannot be explained by science.

I agree that there are some things maybe even abilities that cannot be explained by conventional science however....

The question I have is with all these claims of having powers how come I have never seen anyone use such powers? For example like moving objects with the mind.... How come no one has ever really stepped forward an amazed the world with his/her gifts?

I am entirely open to the possibility but I'm not even remotely convinced at all that anyone has such powers.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Insight

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Agent. Mulder

The question I have is with all these claims of having powers how come I have never seen anyone use such powers? For example like moving objects with the mind.... How come no one has ever really stepped forward an amazed the world with his/her gifts?

Uri Geller has shown how he can allegedly bend spoons, restart watches etc with his mind or rubbing them but there are where some people who came out and debunked him on it. His most famous "Failure" was on the Johnny Carson show (long before Jay Leno took over) and Johnny brought in his own spoons etc. Uri Geller claims it didn't work because Johnny was an amateur magician blah blah blah.... tricked him some how blah blah..... but many people today still regard him as having these powers. I don't necessarily agree.

I, Insight, hereby declare that I am playing head games with ArchangelBaw. I declare ArchangelBaw to be an emotional, premenstrual teenager, incapable of having any sort of rational opinions, reasoning, or logical outlook.

If you can make me cry, or dig up any secrets on me, I will give you one million dollars.

That said, can't this thread just be closed already? I mean, come on...

i think your million dollars are safe mate. I genuinely wouldn't get into playing games with her as i think she really is one of those bona-fide internet wackos that will hunt you down and eat you or something.

im not bragging nor making false claims. But i do have all of these psi powers, seeing spirits, healing,cyrokinesis,pyrokinesis, aerokinesis,electrokinesis, and telekinesis (can hardly control tele though)

im an empaths get visions control the whether. what can u do?

I know its along list and it seems like if im lying but im not, i dont have cyro,pyro and stuff perfect but i still have the power.

wowo cool, my powers are : feeling other peoples emotions, and wind/weather control, and i can read minds....i can barly control the weather...but atleast i can..sorta

I have lots and lots of powers. Let's see, I can communicate telepathically with cabbage, but they never have anything to say. I can conjure objects out of the aether, but only ones that are 180 degrees out of phase. I can fortell the past. I can psychically bend any moss to my will. I can perform simple arithmetic using only the power of my mind (this is a very rare power). I can psychically repel any wild animal I'm trying to photograph. Of course I can make myself invisible, but only when no one is looking. I also have the uncanny ability to know when to quit.

Alright- I almost spit out my soda due to that post! LOL!

Gah, I envy you so much... I wish I could communicate telepathically with cabbage... well, maybe not. If they don't ever care to talk back they sound a bit snobby. Stupid snobby cabbages. <_< haha.

As for the OP- pardon those of us (including myself) who look at your post with high skepticism... it just sounds a bit too over the top is all.

I'm pretty (that is to say 100%) sure that people don't evolve psychic powers due to the fact that it isn't a physical property. People have developed larger mental capacity, grown taller, lost a lot of hair, etc. etc., but people can't grow telekinesis, pyrokinesis, cryokinesis and whatever else you said you had. You can't learn 'powers' either. There's a big difference in figuring out how to make fire with sticks and how to create fire using only mental capacity. There's a big difference in pushing something and moving it using only pschic brainwaves (something which has never been seen nor proven before). Normally I just like to state my opinion, but no, people can not, I repeat, CAN NOT develop, grow, be granted or find psychic powers.

People say they do things by "willing" them to happen. I don't think so. Inanimate objects are inanimate for a reason. They don't have a will. They're not even alive, and never will spontaneously become a living thing.

Someone really should make a forum where everyone claiming to have powers or whatever can talk amongst eachother until they bore themselves and stop claiming to be special.

Let me first say that these arent "powers".... They are gifts. You dont grow them... but you do cultivate and "better" them. The more you use them, the better they become, the more you learn to listen to your inner self. Thes gifts can be enhanced and made stronger...

Youve heard the use it or loose it...... same here.

Hi Flame.... hope all is well..... :)

Blessings

I have the power to see through another person's eyes, to put myself in their shoes, and not to judge them for their mistakes.

I have the power to see reality as it is, without coloring it with either optimism or pessimism.

I have the power to forgive those who have hurt me, because I know it's minor compared to the pain they feel themselves.

I have the power to find joy and peace in the simple things in life, and not be too wrapped up in materialism.

I have the power to see the big picture, and not get lost in the details.

I have the power to see life for what it is, a temporary state, and a blessing that I try to cherish with every breath.

I have the power to learn and grow as a human being, a goal I strive for every day.

Those are the important ones, I think. Other than that, I have had my fair share of psychic and mystic experiences, but most of them don't have labels that you might find on an RPG. It's a little more complicated than that--- and more beautiful, in my opinion. Personally, I've never had the desire to collect labels as if they were trading cards. As I see it, it's not the quantity of titles you adopt that matters, but rather the quality of those experiences. Some experiences as so intense and profound that they will change the way you see life, while others are just meaningless parlor tricks. I choose not to waste my time on the latter, but to each his own.

Edited by Melody98

I do have abilities I know I can astral project and see other peoples dreams, now before some of you laugh just remember a lot of people believe in some dude who can walk on water, make blind people see, cause the lame to walk and oh and my fav. came from a virgin birth now that must be some serious power goin on there.

im not bragging nor making false claims. But i do have all of these psi powers, seeing spirits, healing,cyrokinesis,pyrokinesis, aerokinesis,electrokinesis, and telekinesis (can hardly control tele though)

im an empaths get visions control the whether. what can u do?

I know its along list and it seems like if im lying but im not, i dont have cyro,pyro and stuff perfect but i still have the power.

i agree on the factor of not calling them "powers" i dont neccesarily have any focused abilities, except maybe mental telepathy, but strange things do happen every now and then

The only power i have is that i can make inanimate objects come to life.
Of course that is only until you have your coffee and corn flakes.

i trained my cornflakes to walk into my mouth so i don't have to fuss over breakfast so much

I have the power to see through another person's eyes, to put myself in their shoes, and not to judge them for their mistakes.

I have the power to see reality as it is, without coloring it with either optimism or pessimism.

I have the power to forgive those who have hurt me, because I know it's minor compared to the pain they feel themselves.

I have the power to find joy and peace in the simple things in life, and not be too wrapped up in materialism.

I have the power to see the big picture, and not get lost in the details.

I have the power to see life for what it is, a temporary state, and a blessing that I try to cherish with every breath.

I have the power to learn and grow as a human being, a goal I strive for every day.

Those are the important ones, I think. Other than that, I have had my fair share of psychic and mystic experiences, but most of them don't have labels that you might find on an RPG. It's a little more complicated than that--- and more beautiful, in my opinion. Personally, I've never had the desire to collect labels as if they were trading cards. As I see it, it's not the quantity of titles you adopt that matters, but rather the quality of those experiences. Some experiences as so intense and profound that they will change the way you see life, while others are just meaningless parlor tricks. I choose not to waste my time on the latter, but to each his own.

Melody, very beautiful....

Bless you for the insight and wisdom..... I can see your a kind, humble, loving person.....

Welcome to the UM!

I know i have not been here for quite a while but all is well. And all those people who have no intrest but to bash me and my fellow psions, just get off my post

anyway IF there are ppl here who would like to play headgames to test me or provoke an argument because you are lacking in these abilities & jealous KEEP YOUR DIFFICULT ENERGY! YOU"LL JUST GET IT RIGHT BACK, AND I WILL HURT MORE THAN YOUR FEELINGS. I CAN DIG EXTREMELY DEEP AND I WILL EXPOSE YOU AND ANYTHING YOU ARE HIDING TO THE PUBLIC! MIND YOUR MOUTHS AND YOUR MANNERS AND ADDRESS ME WITH RESPECT OR I WILL MAKE YOU REGRET OPENING YOUR IGNORANT MOUTH! MESS WITH ME AND I WILL MAKE YOU CRY BECAUSE THE TRUTH HURTS< DOESN'T IT?

I want to play head games. Expose my secrets. Make me cry.

:rolleyes:

I am serious.

I know i have not been here for quite a while but all is well. And all those people who have no intrest but to bash me and my fellow psions, just get off my post

Sorry , but the mere fact that the blue bar at the top of firefox/IE says Unexplained Mysteries DISCUSSION Forums shows that you have to accept our opinions and expect us to not care about whose thread this is.

I do have abilities I know I can astral project and see other peoples dreams, now before some of you laugh just remember a lot of people believe in some dude who can walk on water, make blind people see, cause the lame to walk and oh and my fav. came from a virgin birth now that must be some serious power goin on there.

Yes , but that person was Jesus , God's son as man whereas you are a delusional maniac who is most likely going to suicide thinking that you can fly.

Then go to university, tell them your power and prove it, if you won't you have not got a leg to stand on, your legless, man with no legs.

Then go to university, tell them your power and prove it, if you won't you have not got a leg to stand on, your legless, man with no legs.

And legless is bad.

I've got the power to sense bull, and that's what lured to me to this topic to all you jabroni's who think they have some sort of Marvel Comic power. The only power any of you have is the power to post crap.

So please, if any of you disagree with me just use you're wannabe Gandalf powers to grow me a piggy tail.

I've got the power to sense bull, and that's what lured to me to this topic to all you jabroni's who think they have some sort of Marvel Comic power. The only power any of you have is the power to post crap.

So please, if any of you disagree with me just use you're wannabe Gandalf powers to grow me a piggy tail.

man i hadn't even thought of gandalf powers. i'm pretty sure i have those.

1: I have the ability to stop time with Sky plus

2: The ability to see through walls with my invention ........ the window

3: The ability to walk through walls with another invention ...... the door

4: I have the ability to make lingering smells after dinner

5: I have the ability to control light ...... with a switch

6: I have the ability to know when to stop posting

7: I have the ability to have the ability to see my abilities ....... :blink:

ME