Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young Man Marries Own Grandmother

shirini

PANCHPARA, India (Reuters) - A 25-year-old Indian man has married his 80-year-old grandmother because he wanted to take care of her.

"I felt she needed extra care as she is old. I can look after her better as a husband than as a grandson," Narayan Biswas told Reuters.

"As a husband, I am with her all the time, to care for her," said the high school graduate, who farms rice fields and also works as a tutor.

The grandmother, her back bent with age, says she is "happy" with her young husband whom she married in a traditional Hindu ceremony near Panchpara, a village 100 miles west of Calcutta. Her first husband died more than 30 years ago.

link

alright then!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• DC09

• Nxt2Hvn

• PsychicPenguin

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, but for all we know its perfectly acceptable in their cultrue and we only see it as such because of ours

The Indian culture is bizzare. I read last week of a boy marrying his dog. Im quite serious. I dont get it!

...okay... cultural differences aside THAT is weird

I don't see why he had too marry her to take care of her.

Possibly the country has strict laws on sex after marrage

dontgetit.gif ....and her husband has been dead for 30 years

Edited by Talon S.

The Indian culture is bizzare. I read last week of a boy marrying his dog. Im quite serious. I dont get it!

Last June, a nine-year-old Indian girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

grin2.gif

I don't see why he had too marry her to take care of her.

Possibly the country has strict laws on sex after marrage

dontgetit.gif ....and her husband has been dead for 30 years

Thats not what I meant.

Somehow I doubt he was refering to sex when he said 'taking care of her'. ph34r.gif

Thats not what I meant.

Somehow I doubt he was refering to sex when he said 'taking care of her'.

Sorry, guess I'm just warped tongue.gif

Whatever the cultural ideosyncracies that required the marriage, there's no doubt it's a noble and loving gesture.

But I bet he won't half be brassed off if she lives until she's 110.

Whatever the cultural ideosyncracies that required the marriage, there's no doubt it's a noble and loving gesture.

I'm assuming we're talking about the marrage to the grand here not to the dog and cat grin2.giflaugh.gif

But I bet he won't half be brassed off if she lives until she's 110.

LOL

Poor lad, marries his Grandmother after gradutating high school at 25. He's all messed up. laugh.gif

huh.gif That is just plain weird.... blink.gif .... eeeeewwwww!!!!! And Gross! w00t.gif

huh.gif That is just plain weird.... blink.gif .... eeeeewwwww!!!!! And Gross! w00t.gif

It's clear that you haven't clean your dirty mind yet tongue.gif

This guy is going to "take care of her", not to have sex with her wink2.gif

huh.gif  That is just plain weird.... blink.gif .... eeeeewwwww!!!!! And Gross! w00t.gif

It's clear that you haven't clean your dirty mind yet tongue.gif

This guy is going to "take care of her", not to have sex with her wink2.gif

*Nxt2Hvn showers dirty mind*

Well if that's all he is gonna do... then .... It's still WEIRD!! w00t.gif

But .. not as gross! tongue.gif

This guy is going to "take care of her", not to have sex with her

Then he should give her the space bedroom and make sure he has a job for medical expenses and food on the table... not marriage.... which needs to be consummated wacko.giftongue.gif

While I do understand why he'd want to take care of her, I agree...don't get why they needed to get married huh.gif Unless there's some kind of social thing over there about a guy and a woman living together, even if he IS her grandson huh.gif

Doesn't mean they're doing anything untoward tongue.gif Just gives them an excuse to live together so he can look after her I suppose. A woman about that age lived next door to us, and she couldn't do much on her own...including clean the bedsheets after she had an accident in the night huh.gif

No offence to old people, but kill me before I get like that....

It's nice of the guy to do that for her thought, putting his life on hold to take care of her thumbsup.gif On the other hand, if they are doing...stuff...then...it becomes weird and twisted wacko.gif

No offence to old people, but kill me before I get like that....

Nice.. finaly I can go to Scotland grin2.gif