Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
louis_last

cursed left eye

louis_last

i have had more accidents involving my left eye than is funny. In total i have had 27 operations on it and have by fluke avoided serious permanent damage every time.

some of the various things that have happened to my cursed left eye or 'evil jim' as i like to call him are........

1. hit straight in the eye by an air gun ricochet, several operations, the pellet entered my eye and supposedly bruised the front of my brain or something

2. hit straight in the eye by a flying boot during a riot

3. hit straight in the eye by a rock, minor operations to remove grit and dirt

4. hit straight in the eye by a sovereign ring several stitches etc.

5. hit straight in the eye by the corner of a table

etc.

etc.

i appreciate that the obvious solution is that i'm just a hard as nails, could have been in the paras if i wanted to tough guy that loves fighting and stuff but alas i am not and what's more i have only ever seriously hurt any part of my body other than my left eye twice compared to the countless maladies that have befallen evil jim, i was recently assured by somebody who loves reiki and auras and all that sort of stuff that i definitely have a curse on my left eye. its so notorious that a large accumulation of pot heads convinced themselves that i could put curses on them with my left eye, seriously all i had to do was close my right eye and glare at them and they would freak out.

so anyway i am an open minded individual and i thought perhaps somebody could tell me how to lift the evil curse on my left eye / suggest how i might have come to posess a cursed eye.

Stormcrow

Personally, I think it's coincidence. The same thing happens to my right eye--or whole right side of my body really. I can't seem to fend off injury to any right-sided limb or what have you. Some people are less lucky than others. :lol: Sounds like you've had it rough.

If someone was out to get you/had cursed you or whatever, I think they've done a pretty pitiful job, seeing as your eye is still there! I also think they could have cursed a more meaningful part of the body, if they wanted to do lasting damage.

Pay more attention to your surroundings and your misfortune might be cut in half. :P (Things like running into tables, getting hit with objects (both rocks and pellets), and a number of other things could be less traumatizing if you kept one eye open--never mind the pun. I have a horrible habit of not paying attention, and you'd be surprised the minor injuries you'd save yourself if you just watch out in a situation that might have a slight chance of becoming dangerous. That is, any situation. Always keep watching!)

louis_last

yeah you are right, i'm totally just a clumsy ****er. it actually crossed my mind that i had some sort of blind spot in my left eye because i swear to god evil jim is like a hoover for blunt objects.

Stormcrow
yeah you are right, i'm totally just a clumsy ****er. it actually crossed my mind that i had some sort of blind spot in my left eye because i swear to god evil jim is like a hoover for blunt objects.

If you do have physical problems with that eye (like you said, blind spot, or even a lazy eye), then that's definite reason for not noticing something. My right eye is 75% blind and is also a "lazy eye", so I'm forever missing out on things on that side of my body so I frequently run into walls and desks and such... Fun stuff.

Edit: Gotta add that the whole "hoover for blunt objects" bit totally cracked me up, on the inside of course. I think I started to tear up a bit. :lol:

Edited by Ebonykrow

Corvis

I'm sorry, it made me giggle a little bit, with the part about the boot.

More seriously, take care of yourself! You need your eye! I agree, a cursed fist or something would make more sense than a left eye, but, meh. Just be mindful of your surroundings and if things get worse, invest in an eye patch. The pirate look is in.

Take care!

crtDzyn

Stay away from riots too

louis_last
Stay away from riots too

i'm not generally the rioting type i sort of just got caught up in it, some people came off much worse actually.

Wallydraigle

If you find the Hand you get a lot more powers, like being able to shoot Magic Missles from your hand, and being able to deal 3d6 Cold damage to any Lawfully Good aligned creature you manage to physically touch.

puridalan

Reminds me of this really pretty woman I met today at a meeting and she went up to talk to me and she wasn't looking at me. Or so I thought ha-ha. Until I realized that something wrong was with her eye to where she couldn't move it to look directly at you, so when she was speaking to you it looked like she was looking straight past you. Which creeped me out at first, but then I was like oooo and felt stupid haha.