Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oops! 'Osama' on ballot

BiffSplitkins

Let me put it like this:

How do you feel about a President named Charles Manson or Adolph Hitler?

How about Sarah Failin?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• BlindMessiah

• SoCrazes

• InHuman

Top Posters In This Topic

Perception.

Going to be hard to command respect and leadership with an inference like that.

You wouldn't want a President named Bozo D. Clown or Elmer Fudd would you? :P

In Obama's case the perception - which I've said here many times - is that he will be soft on terrorists and sympathetic to their cause at the expense of protecting America. This is backed by his questionable associations and comments.

The perceptions reflected in the polls don't back this up.

As opposed to a vice president named Palin?

And the current crew named Dick and Bush?

Its pretty clear that the name has little to do with the dislike there po, and a read through your post history about him makes that clear...

If the name "Allen" had become synonimous with terrorism the way "Hussain" is then yes IMO he's unfit.

Cold but truth.

hahahahahaaaawwwwwwww :rofl::(

that's sad and hilarious at the same time

The Taliban Times and the Al Qaeda Daily are awarding both GW Bush and Dick Cheney as "men of the year." :P

The perceptions reflected in the polls don't back this up.

I'm not concerned with the pols.

I'm referring to the perception of him, and as a result the perception of America and American policy, in the eyes of the world - particularly the middle East.

I'm not concerned with the pols.

I'm referring to the perception of him, and as a result the perception of America and American policy, in the eyes of the world - particularly the middle East.

I don't think the "eyes of the world" are juvenile enough to make a big issue out of names that sound similar. They have more important things to consider.

I don't think the "eyes of the world" are juvenile enough to make a big issue out of names that sound similar. They have more important things to consider.

So you don't think when someone named "Goldberg" is mentioned people don't presume they are Jewish and would be likely to have symapthies towards Jewish causes and Israel?

Or someone named "Chin" or "Hang" is oriental and would have sympathies towards the far east?

Or someone named "Running Horse" is American Indian and have symapthies towards American Indian tribes?

My point isn't that he will have sympathies (which I do strongly believe he does already!), it is that others outside the country especially in the middle East will believe it and act accordingly not to the benefit of America. :(

No problem. His minister of twenty years has properly indoctrinated him in good Christian principals.

Wait... You realize that Obama has vastly more foreign support then McCain, right?

McCain and the ChristoFascists are just a big joke to most foreigners...

No problem. His minister of twenty years has properly indoctrinated him in good Christian principals.

Yup.

Wait... You realize that Obama has vastly more foreign support then McCain, right?

McCain and the ChristoFascists are just a big joke to most foreigners...

And this is supposed to concern me somehow?

"Barack Hussein Obama"

If that doesn't make your cringe I don't know what could.

(Call me nasty names if you want, I don't care and I'm not the only one!)

So you don't think when someone named "Goldberg" is mentioned people don't presume they are Jewish and would be likely to have symapthies towards Jewish causes and Israel?

Or someone named "Chin" or "Hang" is oriental and would have sympathies towards the far east?

Or someone named "Running Horse" is American Indian and have symapthies towards American Indian tribes?

My point isn't that he will have sympathies (which I do strongly believe he does already!), it is that others outside the country especially in the middle East will believe it and act accordingly not to the benefit of America. :(

*Snip*

Ahem.

3e. Flamebaiting: Do not intentionally instigate "flame wars" or bait others in to making personal attacks.

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

*Snip*

Ahem.

3e. Flamebaiting: Do not intentionally instigate "flame wars" or bait others in to making personal attacks.

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Procedure - The last refuge of the incompetent. :no:

I am merely pointing out the reality of people's perceptions and presumptions based on name. This may irritate your "enlightened" view of the world but the reality is it still happens a great deal.

Perception is 9/10-ths reality.

Ah. Actually, MasterPo - that was a message from me to Freeman88 - hence the *snip* - he'd written something rather toasty.

Apologies for the confusion.

Ah. Actually, MasterPo - that was a message from me to Freeman88 - hence the *snip* - he'd written something rather toasty.

Apologies for the confusion.

Thank you for the edit, though I stand by my response. I think you know me well enough now to know that if I was going to post something inflamatory I wouldn't mix words. ;)

Edited by MasterPo

Procedure - The last refuge of the incompetent. :no:

I am merely pointing out the reality of people's perceptions and presumptions based on name. This may irritate your "enlightened" view of the world but the reality is it still happens a great deal.

Perception is 9/10-ths reality.

You're absolutely correct, the mass negative perception of the name George will last for generations.

You're absolutely correct, the mass negative perception of the name George will last for generations.

I hope you don't mean in Europe because I couldn't give a hoot what they think! :devil:

I hope you don't mean in Europe because I couldn't give a hoot what they think! :devil:

That's a shame because they value your opinion so highly.

linked-image

This guy might disagree with that one... :P

News Flash: Sesame Street director Jonathan Roberts asserts that the show will no longer sponser the letter W because of it's negative connection to the HFM Bush.

linked-image

This guy might disagree with that one... :P

He would agree after seeing what this admin has done to this country.

News Flash: Sesame Street director Jonathan Roberts asserts that the show will no longer sponser the letter W because of it's negative connection to the HFM Bush.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

I knew he was only joking (and a good one at that!) but in this day and age I wouldn't have been surprised if it was real either. :wacko: