Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Debate-Bot

Telekinesis: Fact or Fiction?

109 posts in this topic

Paranoid Android

Those photos are proof? Just an example, but when I was younger I used to hang out with some friends sometimes near a tree that was overhanging a small cliff-drop (about six-foot) drop. One of my friends climbed over the edge, swung from the tree branch and let himself fall. We got a photo at just the right time and when it was developed (this was before digital cameras), it looked exactly as if my friend had jumped the 12-foot or so from the ground to grab the overhanging branch.

I too wouldn't discount the possibility of him throwing it in the air, but more likely it was perhaps dropped from above (out of camera view) and photographed before it landed. This would make it easier to position both the hand and the object (knife, in this instance) in just the right spot for a shot like this.

Edited by Paranoid Android

The One Who Is

Wasn't there a problem with the direction your friend's hair was pointing?

Paranoid Android

With the distance the camera was, there wasn't a big issue at all. My point was concerning how a still image can change the perspective one sees. With a static picture like the ones provided, regardless of how detailed and close you get it, the chances are that it will look exactly as is. Unless you put the camera on a really slow shutter speed, there will be no blurring of the picture if it drops into frame and gets snapped. Tomorrow I'll actually see if I can recreate the picture using my own archaic digital camera - that might show the possibility (or not) of this photo being a reality. Until then, I really must go to sleep. Good night,

Regards,

The One Who Is

I get the point, I was just joking about the hair. :w00t:

stackofbooks
Whilst I agree with your idea of intellectual grandiose, I can't help but feel you have defied wisdom; I was once an impressional, open-minded human being who believed the unfounded concept telekinesis, and, over time and through my own experience, I have learnt that belief should be accompanied with valid inference. I certainly perceive that I am wiser, but that is because I am so. Thus in my case, perception is but a product of actuality.

Of course, that is nothing but the passage of time, in which you have learned more, however un-related to your actual aging. I'm not trying to defy wisdom, hence how I said "doesn't necessarily"; of course, you might be wiser, you may not. I'm not ignoring cases in which it is true, however I think the phenomena I just described makes it hard to tell. But I think, fundamentally, opinions just change, and sometimes your right, sometimes you're not. The problem to be solved: What is wisdom, anyway, and how can you provide the causal connection between it and the passage of time as well as experience? That's the real question.

That's why I think opinions aren't validated simply because of the passage of time and/or how wise a person assumes himself to be inferred from the fact that his views had a radical change, and then also think it's because of his aging: you simply changed your opinion; that doesn't automatically prove your increase in wisdom, and makes your claim reliable thus, because it might be in fact just a sudden realization you came to by using the same wisdom, or the same form of thought. For example, if I always use circular reasoning, whether my opinion changes, by a sudden emotional flair of some sort, does not necessarily mean I've gotten over that mode of thinking [circular reasoning]. Or how since one person gets out of a gang and enters Christianity and assumes he's changed morally: he may still have the gang mentality and have an attitude towards his Christian belief as a form of gang membership, though he may not consciously notice it. Wisdom is not tripping on the same stone twice.

It's too dynamic and has a lot of intricacies.

Edited by stackofbooks

stackofbooks
Here is your proof...

linked-image

You can click the link if you want, it is too what I personally think is the number 1 psionic discussion site ever.

Obviously, it's a biased site, and, not only that, you admitted it yourself:

"You can click the link if you want, it is too what I personally think is the number 1 psionic discussion site ever."

Furthermore, that's easy trickery; it looks more like it had been dropped on the guys hand, and at the right moment was taken a photograph of in action capture [is my terminology correct?]. That's also easily photoshopped.

That's not proof; I could draw a unicorn and call it proof that they exist.

Edited by stackofbooks

Vertical Gunn

Meh, Telekinesis makes me shiver. :D

louis_last

this entire debate is a farce but flamedragon, you still got comprehensively owned.

Vertical Gunn

I don't understand the point of this thread, really.