Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange feeling on my left arm

Fatal

Ok, the other day I was standing by the door, just looking outside and suddenly I felt this strange static electric feeling on my left forearm. Sure I've gotten goosebumps and the hairs on my arms have stood up before, but this one just felt weird. It was only one arm and it felt as if something really staticy was right by or touched my arm. Think of making your hairs stand up by putting a balloon by it. I would explain it better but not sure how. Hopefully yall know what I'm saying. And it was only for a couple seconds.

Now I've read before that some people say ghosts/spirits have a static-type of energy, like I described. And the house I live in was my deceased grandparents' house for over 40 years. Do you think it's possible one of my grandparents may have touched my arm? Or am I just making too much out of nothing? But I haven't felt it like that before.

Take a look at what was around you (the door)..

Might have been some metal... or you carried static walking across the carpet...

Don't jump the gun, it could be nothing..

Take a look at what was around you (the door)..

Might have been some metal... or you carried static walking across the carpet...

Don't jump the gun, it could be nothing..

Well I'm just saying, it was the arm that was away from the door. And I have never felt it like that since I've lived here, which has been about 6 or 7 years.

Well has ANYTHING else happened that makes you think it might be haunted?

People feel strange sensations all the time... i

Well, I've once woken up to see a man in a black suit in the reflection of the TV screen, which was off.

I've heard what sounded like two people whispering to each other in the kitchen.

My dog has barked at things that weren't there.

I've had my radio, which was brand new, go on and off by itself.

Not necessarily, shadow ghosts try not to make themselves known, some people probably live in houses with spirits and don't even notice it.

Your left arm, and only your left arm will start to tingle if you have a bad heart, and you are about to have a heart attack.

Your left arm, and only your left arm will start to tingle if you have a bad heart, and you are about to have a heart attack.

True, but it wasn't necessarily a tingling. It felt like something touched my arm. And also, I've been told by doctors that I have a strong heart.

True, but it wasn't necessarily a tingling. It felt like something touched my arm. And also, I've been told by doctors that I have a strong heart.

I was going to post what cpjason did. Just because you have a strong heart does not mean you will be immune to heart conditions. Mini-strokes affect a lot of people who aren't even aware they've had one. Bursitis could be another cause.

It would pay to make an appointment to see your doctor - just to be safe.

I was going to post what cpjason did. Just because you have a strong heart does not mean you will be immune to heart conditions. Mini-strokes affect a lot of people who aren't even aware they've had one. Bursitis could be another cause.

Thanks, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

But yeah, the feeling I felt on my arm I don't think had anything to do with a heart condition. Like I said, it was a static electricity feeling against my arm, not a tingling feeling or pain of any sort.

Ok, the other day I was standing by the door, just looking outside and suddenly I felt this strange static electric feeling on my left forearm. Sure I've gotten goosebumps and the hairs on my arms have stood up before, but this one just felt weird. It was only one arm and it felt as if something really staticy was right by or touched my arm. Think of making your hairs stand up by putting a balloon by it. I would explain it better but not sure how. Hopefully yall know what I'm saying. And it was only for a couple seconds.

Now I've read before that some people say ghosts/spirits have a static-type of energy, like I described. And the house I live in was my deceased grandparents' house for over 40 years. Do you think it's possible one of my grandparents may have touched my arm? Or am I just making too much out of nothing? But I haven't felt it like that before.

First let me say that you are not crazy. I am currently investigating an area i take drives by and every time I do i feel the same feeling in the same area of my left arm. Its so great to know someone else has felt this and YES i believe it is a spirit trying to communicate something to you. go back to the area you felt this on your arms and take some pics and evps. and REMEMBER when doing evps make sure to annonc what you are donig and the device you hold can help them commuinicate to you what they want to say. tell them the instruments you use can see and hear them. Think about it...someone dies as early as the 1970's if they see us holding a camera phone or evp recorder they will have no idea what it is so as statted before it is VERY important to let them understand our techknowlegy will not hurt them but help them communicate. I hope it hlps you to know someone else has had the same thing happen to them I know as i read your post it really helped me so thanks and good luck and please as always post any results you get here for us to see or hear.

You've gone from tingling to static electricity to feeling like you are being touched ..... I don't know what to suggest.

Now I've had tingling go all through my body and always feel like something has walked through me. Maybe something bumped through your arm.

Edited by ennui

Not necessarily, shadow ghosts try not to make themselves known, some people probably live in houses with spirits and don't even notice it.

I'm not so sure that they try to make theirselves unknown ... there are a lot of encounters where shadows have been intelligent .... interacting with their environment.

That's great advice. People claim to see ghosts, feel ghosts, and sense them in different ways, and sometimes it turns out to be a medical reaosn such as tumors, mini strokes and other things. Dontt get me wrong, i believe in ghosts as much as the next guy ... and from numerous numerous personal experiences alone ..... but it's always wise to get yourself checked out.

Another thing it could be is perhaps there is some kind of electric device giving off too much emf ... electromagnetic force ... which can cause a feeling of nausia, being touched, feelings of being watched and headaches. If these feelings continue in the same spot .. get your electrical checked out.

If it's paranormal ... im sure you're going to be fine if it was your grandparents. Try a little experiement to see if you capture anything. If you have a voice recorder set it up on the kitchen table before you go to sleep at night then in the morning check it. Same thing with a video camera .... try asking them to appear or ask them to say something in hopes the recorders pick up something.

Good luck with it

Geno

That's great advice. People claim to see ghosts, feel ghosts, and sense them in different ways, and sometimes it turns out to be a medical reaosn such as tumors, mini strokes and other things. Dontt get me wrong, i believe in ghosts as much as the next guy ... and from numerous numerous personal experiences alone ..... but it's always wise to get yourself checked out.

Geno

This is such a good suggestion. I've never mentioned that when this house began to get 'busy', I did go to the dr and told her about my tingling and everything that was going on. Although she wouldn't tell me her beliefs she did say that many more people were discussing the paranormal with her these days. Probably we all aren't afraid of being sent to the crazy house. Anyway, I digress. She did order a full MRI (head, too of course) and many blood work ups for me because I wanted to make sure it wasn't in my head or I wasn't having a stroke/heart attack. She did too, obviously. The doc said she wasn't too worried about my health since Mr En and I were seeing and hearing the same things.

Edited by ennui

This is such a good suggestion. I've never mentioned that when this house began to get 'busy', I did go to the dr and told her about my tingling and everything that was going on. Although she wouldn't tell me her beliefs she did say that many more people were discussing the paranormal with her these days. Probably we all aren't afraid of being sent to the crazy house. Anyway, I digress. She did order a full MRI (head, too of course) and many blood work ups for me because I wanted to make sure it wasn't in my head or I wasn't having a stroke/heart attack. She did too, obviously. The doc said she wasn't too worried about my health since Mr En and I were seeing and hearing the same things.

Yeah these days more and more people are coming to me telling me their paranormal stories ... so i guess it's not just here that thats happening. It's always better to be safe than dead lol.

Hi Shadow, ruling out a cardiac condition obviously would be your best bet if this should happen again. In the meantime it is said that when a spirit touches us, we do feel tingling, and either hot or cold sensations on our body. Also its my opinion that hot spots are related to negative entities and cold is normally positive. So it is possible it touched you ever so briefly. JMO...JN

• 5 years later...

I am not sure if you heard the concept of Jinns. Jinns are another creation on planet who share the same space as that of human beings. You can do some research online on them. Many confuse to classify between Spirits, Ghosts, Jinns. Leaving the research on these to you, I would like to share my own experience.

Few incidents I have encountered hair standing and some times numbness on left side:

1. One night, I did lot of you tube research on Jinns. And before resuming to sleep, I prayed and said all bad Jinns to get out of my room and switched off the lights and I felt some strage feeling, something was wrong, ofcourse.l immediately switche on the lights. I know something was wrong. Hairs on the left side stood and the entire left side started becoming numb. A clear feeling of something is very close to me (not sure of the intention), but, I started reading scriptrues and started to pray ofcourse in fear. There was no immediate effect, but Ihad to sit in the chair and kept have opened the scritpures audi on youtube, and only in about 10 minutes or so that particular feeling slowly disappeared.

2. I have mentor and business partner who is much older to me, and I came to know the he deals with so called Jinns or help people to get rid of any problems related to them. He told me they fear him. Attached is one of the recent pictures taken when he was out with his family. There was no one besides that family to that location during that time in the night, and you can see the Jinn who is on the extreme right side. They noticed it after taking the picture and there was absolutely no one there.

3. Recently, when I was clearning my stuff in the store room at around mid night, I went open the store room door and while coming back to pick up something, I had the same strange feeling on the left side and my hair started standing. Since I am very familiar now and actually we can talk to them stating our intention is to not to disturb us and ask them no to bother us. I did the same, I said I am sorry, I dont' to disturb you guys, but, I will clear my stuf in store room and will go. Thats it in a few minutes no more feeling of anyone with me. I shared this incident with my mentor and he clearly asked if it is on the left side, i said, yes!, he confirmed that is the effect of Jinns. Remember all Jinns are not bad, some are good some are naughty, and some are bad. LIke humans.

post-147217-0-34830300-1396336196_thumb.

Welcome to UM,

The thread you had replied has been inactive for many years, so the original posters most likely won't read it. The photo looks like eye glare or reflective flash. This means all the people in the photo have yellowish eyes. It quality is not great since it's a photo of a photo.

• Like 2

Is there an appropriate necromancy pic to throw up when this happens?

I've not quite got the hang of posting pics yet...

• Like 2

this picture is of my mentor and partners family. the entity on the extreme right floating - we dont' identify. there was no one what so ever besides my mentors family at tht time. i took that picture from my mobile from the printed photograph of my partner. to decrease the size of the picture i had to decrease its quality as it is not allowing me to upload otherwise because of its size.

i am not sure if it is appropriate to post the pictures when such entities popup on the pictures. but this is my first hand experience and this happening in front of me. so I shared with you guys.

...to decrease the size of the picture i had to decrease its quality as it is not allowing me to upload otherwise because of its size...

I'm not going to go into this one, others will. But this statement I selected is going to hurt you in the long run.

• Like 2

Get a brain scan.

Hi Shadow, ruling out a cardiac condition obviously would be your best bet if this should happen again. In the meantime it is said that when a spirit touches us, we do feel tingling, and either hot or cold sensations on our body. Also its my opinion that hot spots are related to negative entities and cold is normally positive. So it is possible it touched you ever so briefly. JMO...JN

Negative entities have felt very cold to me... Ive got a lot of warmth out of postive entities at times.

Edited by sea-dove

Hida - I couldn't follow you. The picture I have uploaded was over 300kb in size and when I tried to upload this site won't let me. So I had to open the picture in Paint and decreased its size and then I was successful to upload. Are we on the same page?

Hida - I couldn't follow you. The picture I have uploaded was over 300kb in size and when I tried to upload this site won't let me. So I had to open the picture in Paint and decreased its size and then I was successful to upload. Are we on the same page?

Yes, I understand, and I sympathize, I really do, but any sort of alteration to photos and videos harms, more than hurts, one's case. You just have to keep that in mind.

Can you provide the original if asked? Not that I am asking, just in case someone else does.

Also, I see nothing strange about the photo, looks like someone is just standing there beside you. A photobomb by a passing person, perhaps? Not a jinn, just a somebody.

Brian Topp fairly summed up what was happening.

• Like 2