Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bookies suspend bets on alien landing

UM-Bot

news icon rWorried bookmakers have stopped taking bets on aliens showing up on Earth. It follows a flurry of bets amid internet buzz that a massive intergalactic spaceship will appear tomorrow.

Videos and messages on YouTube, blogs and UFO websites are buzzing with predictions that a vessel from the alien Federation Of Light will be visible in our skies for three days.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Daily Record

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Finsup22

• BaneSilvermoon

• Moon Demon

• jbondo

Top Posters In This Topic

linked-imageWorried bookmakers have stopped taking bets on aliens showing up on Earth. It follows a flurry of bets amid internet buzz that a massive intergalactic spaceship will appear tomorrow. Videos and messages on YouTube, blogs and UFO websites are buzzing with predictions that a vessel from the alien Federation Of Light will be visible in our skies for three days. It may all sound more oddball than odds-on - but bookies William Hill are taking it seriously enough to temporarily suspend betting on proof of the existence of intelligent alien life being confirmed by PM Gordon Brown. It follows a rush of bets, including one punter who wanted to place a s3000 bet at odds of 1000-1. Hill spokesman Rupert Adams said: "This is the first time an internet phenomenon has affected our business. "We now have seven-figure liabilities if the ship does appear. We have decided to duck any more big bets until the 14th has passed, hopefully without incident." The rumour is believed to have been started by "channeler" Blossom Goodchild, who claimed to have received a psychic tip-off. The stories have spread, along with a warning it would "cause panic among the masses".

One message claims: "They have carefully selected this time to show up and are doing it out of goodwill because of the great evils behind this world. "It is time to become free from wars, pestilence, famine, poverty, sickness, disease, rich and poor and all the world sufferings." No time was given for the spaceship's arrival.

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: Daily Record

Let us hope the UFOs appear as foretold. We are ready to embark to the next dimension. This is the best time. Peace.

It wont happen and those people are idiots for putting money on it

I wonder if the bookies are accepting bets against the alien spaceship coming tomorrow.....

I can't wait until tomorrow!!!! :sk

I just saw the debate function. Nice ;)

Edited by Mbyte

LOL! They must come - so I don't have to work tomorrow :P

Wake me up when the Aliens arrive

... better yet, send one of them to wake me

"It is time to become free from wars, pestilence, famine, poverty, sickness, disease, rich and poor and all the world sufferings."

I am all for this in any capacity. However, if they do not appear tomorrow, I wonder if there will be any lawsuits against Blossom Goodchild.

I wonder if there will be any lawsuits against Blossom Goodchild.

I think you had better start studying the legal system. Many people make bizarre claims/predictions every day. A lawsuit would be frivolous.

"I think you had better start studying the legal system."

..and it think you should as well, selling items based on a lie or hoax is definitely worthy of a lawsuit. Thank you.

Well, either way, someone's cashing in on it. I don't agree with the theory that tomorrow something's going to happen, but I wouldn't go so far as to place a bet on it. Weird.

I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure Moon Demon has a point here.

6-figure losses from 'malicious rumour' can result in lawsuits and not necessarily 'frivolous' ones either!

I agree would be great to see their reactions when they lose.

I don't mean to offend or cause argument, although I might. But this is exactly the kind of consciousness that needs to dissapear from the world.

Taking happiness in seeing others misery. Not to mention the close minded final conclusions you seem to have drawn about tomorrow, how do we know 100% what is going to happen one way or the other? We don't.

...yes this is Romulak from the federation of li...no Detroit...and I'd like to put one million of your earth dollars...I mean our earth dollar on those aliens showing up at...hang on...

(muffled hand over microphone) What time are we due to arrive??? 12:17 Zulu?

Yes, one million dollars that those pesky aliens show up at 12:17'ish Greenwich Mean Time...

...Ummm...What time can I beam up my winnings?

...yes this is Romulak from the federation of li...no Detroit...and I'd like to put one million of your earth dollars...I mean our earth dollar on those aliens showing up at...hang on...

(muffled hand over microphone) What time are we due to arrive??? 12:17 Zulu?

Yes, one million dollars that those pesky aliens show up at 12:17'ish Greenwich Mean Time...

...Ummm...What time can I beam up my winnings?

Ya, dis is Vinnie from Jersey, You effing mutt, I'll bash your freakin' skull in if you land that thing here tomorrow. I'll split the diffrence if you come next Sunday. :D

Ya, dis is Vinnie from Jersey, You effing mutt, I'll bash your freakin' skull in if you land that thing here tomorrow. I'll split the diffrence if you come next Sunday. :D

*Flash of red laser light out of the sky*

*poof of smoke rises from central Jersey high rise*

Dont make Romulak an offer he cant refuse...He's not so enlightened when it comes to cold hard cash... :P

*Flash of red laser light out of the sky*

*poof of smoke rises from central Jersey high rise*

Dont make Romulak an offer he cant refuse...He's not so enlightened when it comes to cold hard cash... :P

lmao! :lol:

"ok boy's it's time to go to da matresses"

i cannot believe this but people will gamble with anything! i would bet if they really came people would be pooping in there pants

with that said go buy some toilet paper!!! lol :devil:

wtf, thats twice in two weeks I have posted in the wrong topic, Ugh!

Edited by Finsup22