Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AfterLife Vs. No life

Novo

Lets all team up and pick, sides tongue.gif im convinced theres a afterlife of some sort.. although unlikely the christian one... if my concisnous ever ceases to be then will I realize it? I would have to would I not? but then I would be aware again!.. anyway Im not here to tell you wich side to pick.. so someone give us a good arguement to give us started!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PsychicPenguin

• Novo

• bathory

• WorkMonkey

I'm sure there is an after life of some kind, I mean after all, that would explain ghost's and spirit sightings

Well.. if ghosts are what remains from us after death, this world is a very haunted place! ohmy.gif

I'm not one to chose sides or argue............ However, I am convinced that there is Life after Death.

doomgirl has a good point. How else can "spirits" and "ghosts" be explained?

Personally, I have had 'contact' from family members that have passed on. Yep, could be my imagination, but I am convinced otherwise.

One last thought? What purpose would our lives here have, if there is nothing later?

my concisnous ever ceases to be then will I realize it? I would have to would I not? but then I would be aware again!

tell me, what was it like before you were born?

How else can "spirits" and "ghosts" be explained?

well we don't even know what ghosts are, its just an assumption that they are dead things

Many people could say they are time-lapses and that they are people from the past or future. Either that or beings from other dimensions. Or dead creatures. I believe in a reincarnation again and again in different forms until we learn enough to go to the next realm with new creatures. If we forget lessons we go back realms. The bottom realm would be like the Catholic version of Hell, but not for eternity. The top realm would be akin to Catholic Heaven but without eternity and there still would be some strive, strife and loss. After the top realm you would return to the Source. A good analogy is that the Source is a huge flame, and we are all sparks from it. All beings, not just humans reincarnate and move up. In fact, when you reincarnate you may be another type of animal, so be careful when you're creul to animals they might be relatives. The creatures in the Higher planes would be Gods to us, some having the ability to affect the lower realms. Our realm right now is considered to be lower-middle realm. We have a helluva way to go! disgust.gif After a very long time of ecstacy as a part of the Source, we reincarnate again. In the lowest realm. It is inevitable and sad but we need to learn more. After every life we live in the Otherworld; an exact replica of the world we live in now but very unstable, so you may enter a door and end up somewhere else. When a child is born mourning should occur before celebration, because something had to die to return to life. Anyway, thats enough rambling for me grin2.gif . Goodnight.

How else can "spirits" and "ghosts" be explained?

well we don't even know what ghosts are, its just an assumption that they are dead things

bathory's right, could be inter- or intra- dimension shifts, or scenes from the past (there's a big theory about seeing images from the past but I don't now much about it), insanity or even drugs.

Many people could say they are time-lapses and that they are people from the past ... Either that or beings from other dimensions.

Ack! Druidus posted my argument before me crying.gif

Edited by Talon S.

This is a subject where personal experience comes into play as well ... after what Ive been through the idea that life after death exists is about as obvious to me as the fact that I have a left thumb . tongue.gif

It seems the best argument against life after death is that people want to believe it . But the problem with that is the "People want it" psychology can be applied to almost anything slightly considered good .

.. the title says After life vs no life .. well.. obviously there is life grin2.gif

rather then going by it literally , I think its best to stick to what S&A really ment to say. cat.gif

Afterlife Vs no afterlife . Or "Is their life after death"

Anyway... I don't know the answer... but I hope there is afterlife. However no afterlife is better than the Christian version of afterlife... at least for me grin2.gif

Every society, from all over the world, through out time have believed in an afterlife, using it as a means to govern the peoples morality, and keep them in check. Since all cultures idea of an afterlife differ widely then it is safe to assume that there isn't "ONE" afterlife that people from all over the ages have tapped into and based their afterlife on it. So if people haven't tapped into it, then I can only assume it as a man made idea that originated independantly to make the infinately scary prospect of death seem less frightening.

However no afterlife is better than the Christian version of afterlife... at least for me grin2.gif

That's a surprising comment, coming from you. huh.gif

No offense. wink2.gif

Many people could say they are time-lapses and that they are people from the past ... Either that or beings from other dimensions.

And all that is so much more believable than our conciousness surviving after death. rolleyes.gif

However no afterlife is better than the Christian version of afterlife... at least for me  grin2.gif

That's a surprising comment, coming from you. huh.gif

No offense. wink2.gif

I'm not offended wink2.gif

WorkMonkey... just because the details are contradictory, it doesn't mean that the main idea is wrong.

And all that is so much more believable than our conciousness surviving after death.

that wasn't the point

someone stated that ghosts exist therefore it must be plainly obvious an afterlife exists, however we don't even know what 'ghosts' really are, which means that the arguement was flawed.

And all that is so much more believable than our conciousness surviving after death.

that wasn't the point

someone stated that ghosts exist therefore it must be plainly obvious an afterlife exists, however we don't even know what 'ghosts' really are, which means that the arguement was flawed.

Alrighty. thumbsup.gif

Every society, from all over the world, through out time have believed in an afterlife, using it as a means to govern the peoples morality, and keep them in check. Since all cultures idea of an afterlife differ widely then it is safe to assume that there isn't "ONE" afterlife that people from all over the ages have tapped into and based their afterlife on it. So if people haven't tapped into it, then I can only assume it as a man made idea that originated independantly to make the infinately scary prospect of death seem less frightening.

Seems the most plausible idea to me I'm afraid!

Game over! Frightening as ****! sad.gif

So which would you prefer , to burn forever in Hell.. Or just to cease entirely to exsist ?

So which would you prefer , to burn forever in Hell.. Or just to cease entirely to exsist ?

Cease entirely,

You wouldn't be aware of it, so whats the problem.

tell me, what was it like before you were born?

Good point; I've used that one before.

So since we cannot remember what happened before or during or a few months or years after our birth does this mean that if we die we are being born again into some other world or subconscious state?

Scientest say that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Since I truly believe in science I must say that we do live on. On the other hand I dont think we go to a marvelous place like heaven but our bodies just cease to exist. Therefore we are living in an "afterlife," but pretty much consciously unaware of anything.

After death we will just be a mass of energy splitting and traveling wherever.

you are assuming that the energy that makes up 'us', is something more than just run of the mill energy, the way i see it, you need the brain and the energy to make the person, not just the energy.

There might be many different types of ghosts, recordings imprinted on the landscape, time shifts, intra dimensional etc but some do seem, at least based on anecdotal evidence to be conscious, interacting spirits existing after death.

Personally I can't remember any awareness before I was born then again I can't remember anything in utero but I know I existed.

If we're talking about whats preferable Afterlife/no afterlife then I'd prefer afterlife.