Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Obama is elected

Sho_Sho

I have made no bones about the fact that I am NOT an Obama supporter, but I heard some very serious discussions over the weekend that really bothered me.

I was at a football tailgate at Mizzou, in Columbia MO over the weekend and a few of us were discussing the election.

There was a girl that was a MAJOR pro Obama, and I told her that I really don’t want him to get elected but will learn to deal with it if he does. This guy who I have no clue who he was came over and said…

“I heard you guys talking about what will happen if Obama gets elected, I was in the military and trust me, if he is elected, he won’t be in office for long. The girl and I looked at each other and was like "what the hell, what do you mean?

He said that he would be killed before he became president. I told him that wasn’t cool and he shouldn’t be saying things like that, and you should support who ever your president even if you can’t stand his politics. As he walked away he said trust me there are lots of people who will try to keep that from happening.

So my question is, do you think more people secretly feel this way? Do you think his life could really be in danger if elected?

He looked like an average college kid, and a few of the guys standing around all shook their head "yes" when that guy said what he said.

I was really surprised that people would really think like that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Splodgenessabounds

• AROCES

• Sho_Sho

• ValkyrieVoice

Ever hear of a place in America called THE SOUTHERN STATES? There are a lot of people there who don't want Obama as President and not becasue of his policies.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Lets not forget the guy in LONDON that shot the man for wearing an Obama t-shirt.

Lets not forget the guy in LONDON that shot the man for wearing an Obama t-shirt.

And? Whats that got to do with anything?

I think most in Southern States would back up a Condeleesa Rice, of course there are few nut case even in the Northern States.

Those who equates race in this election really are just preparing an excuse in case Obama lose.

And? Whats that got to do with anything?

You stereotyping Southerners is the same kind of bogotry you are accusing them of.

Ever hear of a place in America called THE SOUTHERN STATES? There are a lot of people there who don't want Obama as President and not becasue of his policies.

Considering I live in Missouri I think I do. But just because we are in a "red" state doesn’t mean we ALL are barefoot hicks who like to hate on anyone that isn’t a white hetero-sexual.

Most of us are very nice people who appreciate family, God and our country but That doesn’t make us all gun toting lynch lovers. That’s why I was so shocked by the comment.

I know there always those bad apples in every area of the U.S but just because we are Midwestern or Southern doesn’t mean its fair to group us all together.

Haha, how did you enjoy the Oklahoma St. performance? ;)

In response to your query, I wouldn't put much stock into it. Lets look at the circumstances. You were at a tailgate in Missouri, and this guy was college-aged. If the guy was college-aged, even having possibly been in the armed forces, I can't imagine he'd have any kind of insider knowledge on a possible assassination plot. The fact that he was probably highly inebriated at a Mizzou game also militates against him being a member of some kind of national, super-secret assassination conspiracy.

Sure, you'll have a few wackos that will hate Obama enough to want to kill him, but I don't honestly think the amount of Obama-hating wackos will be any more substantial than the amount of wackos that hate Bush with the same passion.

You stereotyping Southerners is the same kind of bogotry you are accusing them of.

Did I say all southerners?

I think most in Southern States would back up a Condeleesa Rice, of course there are few nut case even in the Northern States.

Those who equates race in this election really are just preparing an excuse in case Obama lose.

Yeh right.... Montana is in the south... so is the Michigan Militia and...

Considering I live in Missouri I think I do. But just because we are in a "red" state doesn’t mean we ALL are barefoot hicks who like to hate on anyone that isn’t a white hetero-sexual.

Most of us are very nice people who appreciate family, God and our country but That doesn’t make us all gun toting lynch lovers. That’s why I was so shocked by the comment.

I know there always those bad apples in every area of the U.S but just because we are Midwestern or Southern doesn’t mean its fair to group us all together.

Alright I admit that I said "a lot" , thats not what I meant and I apologise.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

Haha, how did you enjoy the Oklahoma St. performance? ;)

In response to your query, I wouldn't put much stock into it. Lets look at the circumstances. You were at a tailgate in Missouri, and this guy was college-aged. If the guy was college-aged, even having possibly been in the armed forces, I can't imagine he'd have any kind of insider knowledge on a possible assassination plot. The fact that he was probably highly inebriated at a Mizzou game also militates against him being a member of some kind of national, super-secret assassination conspiracy.

Sure, you'll have a few wackos that will hate Obama enough to want to kill him, but I don't honestly think the amount of Obama-hating wackos will be any more substantial than the amount of wackos that hate Bush with the same passion.

Yes, I agree to an extent, but I was really rattled that more than one person felt that way.

And OK winning certainly put a damper on our Championship plans :( LOL

Yeh right.... Montana is in the south... so is the Michigan Militia and...

Where will you guys be if racism is all gone, you be lost and out of excuses! :yes:

Yes, I agree to an extent, but I was really rattled that more than one person felt that way.

I certainly agree with that sentiment!

Alright I admit that I said "a lot" , thats not what I meant and I apologise.

Nope you didn’t say all southerns. And that’s ok.

It happens all the time, people hear you are from MO or Arkansas or any Southern area, and they automatically think most people are bigots who hate everyone not white. After a while you just go into defensive mode.

It’s a Habit. Sorry. ^_^

It happens all the time, people hear you are from MO or Arkansas or any Southern area, and they automatically think most people are bigots who hate everyone not white. After a while you just go into defensive mode.

It’s a Habit. Sorry. ^_^

Oh they hear it from Americans themselves who are locked into a timezone and won't move forward for political purposes. Jesse Jackson for one!

It’s a Habit. Sorry. ^_^

I didn't mean to say "a lot", that was wrong. I meant some, and there are some racists here and there and everywhere. It's my bad I should have thought about it more before I started typing. What I meant was that, with groups like the KKK and white supremesists, linked with the history of racism in the south that an assasin is most likely to come from the south (althought I'm very open to discussion on that point).

I remember watching a Top Gear episode and the three presenters where having a road trip from florida to louisiana. When they got to Alabama the had a challenge, to right the most offensive message on the side of their cars and drive through a small town. They had "Man Love Rules", "Country & Western and NASCAR sucks" and "Hillary Clinton for President". They pulled up at a gas station and within five minutes they were running for their lives because a group of local guys started throwing rocks at them, threatening to kill them and finally chased them in a pick-up.

It's these types of people from the south I'm worried about. If they do that sort of thing at "Man Love Rules", what are they gonna do when a black man gets voted in as president.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion. Open for discussion as always.

Oh they hear it from Americans themselves who are locked into a timezone and won't move forward for political purposes. Jesse Jackson for one!

Amen to that! Jessie Jackson, I could wright for 3 days about everything that is wrong with that guy.

I didn't mean to say "a lot", that was wrong. I meant some, and there are some racists here and there and everywhere. It's my bad I should have thought about it more before I started typing. What I meant was that, with groups like the KKK and white supremesists, linked with the history of racism in the south that an assasin is most likely to come from the south (althought I'm very open to discussion on that point).

I remember watching a Top Gear episode and the three presenters where having a road trip from florida to louisiana. When they got to Alabama the had a challenge, to right the most offensive message on the side of their cars and drive through a small town. They had "Man Love Rules", "Country & Western and NASCAR sucks" and "Hillary Clinton for President". They pulled up at a gas station and within five minutes they were running for their lives because a group of local guys started throwing rocks at them, threatening to kill them and finally chased them in a pick-up.

It's these types of people from the south I'm worried about. If they do that sort of thing at "Man Love Rules", what are they gonna do when a black man gets voted in as president.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion. Open for discussion as always.

That reminds me of the Dave Chappell Show when he was the black guy who was blind, and didn’t know he was black and he was a white supremacist yelling “white power at the rallies.

He was the grand wizard and deiced to take off his hat to show his fellow KKK members his face. Theywere all shcoekd he was black.

It was Priceless.

Dave Chappell is a Genius!!!!

Amen to that! Jessie Jackson, I could wright for 3 days about everything that is wrong with that guy.

Why do people who, accidently or otherwise, say something racist or offensive to black people, have to apologise on TV to Jesse Jackson. To cite South Park, "Jesse Jackson is not the Emporer of Black People!!".

That reminds me of the Dave Chappell Show when he was the black guy who was blind, and didn’t know he was black and he was a white supremacist yelling “white power at the rallies.

He was the grand wizard and deiced to take off his hat to show his fellow KKK members his face. Theywere all shcoekd he was black.

It was Priceless.

Dave Chappell is a Genius!!!!

I'm gonna have to look for that on YouTube, sounds hilarious. Which brings up a good question, do blind people know what the colour of their skin is? Do they even know what colour is? Anyway, the thought of a blind racist is making me chuckle none-the-less :D

you should support who ever your president even if you can’t stand his politics

Can you please explain why I should support someone who doesn't support America?

This is completely wrong, if you ask me. Bush, McCain, Palin, and the rest of the crazies are an embarrasment to America, the world, and me.

Supporting them is the least patriotic thing I could do.

Cheers,

SQLserver

Can you please explain why I should support someone who doesn't support America?

This is completely wrong, if you ask me. Bush, McCain, Palin, and the rest of the crazies are an embarrasment to America, the world, and me.

Supporting them is the least patriotic thing I could do.

Cheers,

SQLserver

Good Point. Its a right of your contry to protest isn't it? So why support him if you don't like him?

He said that he would be killed before he became president.

I've heard a lot of people express similar.

Don't forget some guys were arrested in Denver with rifles and such apparently planning to take a shot at him.

If it does happen, batten down the hatches!! It's going to make LA/Rodney King look like a frat party. :o

I have made no bones about the fact that I am NOT an Obama supporter, but I heard some very serious discussions over the weekend that really bothered me.

I was at a football tailgate at Mizzou, in Columbia MO over the weekend and a few of us were discussing the election.

There was a girl that was a MAJOR pro Obama, and I told her that I really don’t want him to get elected but will learn to deal with it if he does. This guy who I have no clue who he was came over and said…

“I heard you guys talking about what will happen if Obama gets elected, I was in the military and trust me, if he is elected, he won’t be in office for long. The girl and I looked at each other and was like "what the hell, what do you mean?

He said that he would be killed before he became president. I told him that wasn’t cool and he shouldn’t be saying things like that, and you should support who ever your president even if you can’t stand his politics. As he walked away he said trust me there are lots of people who will try to keep that from happening.

So my question is, do you think more people secretly feel this way? Do you think his life could really be in danger if elected?

He looked like an average college kid, and a few of the guys standing around all shook their head "yes" when that guy said what he said.

I was really surprised that people would really think like that.

I don't find that statement anything new or even half as offensive as what Obama's constituents were heard saying if Obama loses this election. His constituents declared that if Obama loses this election, Sarah Palin would be gang raped if she came anywhere near them or Obama and that there would be riots in the streets of America. Yeah! I want these guys' ghetto thug "Messiah" leading my country and the leader of the free world! I can CLEARLY see what would happen if constituents of John McCain EVER declared anything of this nature! I wouldn't worry about anyone in the south being racists! You've got one big racist in Barack Hussein Obama.