Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roseanne Cash: Why I would be a better VP

Whangarei

Why I'd Be a Better VP than Sarah Palin

(Or, The Bridge to New Zealand)

By Rosanne Cash

October 10, 2008

I'd like to formally submit myself to replace Sarah Palin on the GOP ticket. I feel confident that John McCain will see that the very attributes he desired in his VP choice can be met, and even exceeded in some areas, by me. For your consideration, my big, fat résumé:

1. Focus on the Family

I am the mother of five children, just like Governor Palin. I have known the demands of managing a full-time career and motherhood at the same time. I have juggled a breast pump and a BlackBerry, and I know when to put the BlackBerry down. (To be perfectly honest, I did once send a text to the baby and tried to nurse my bass player. You learn from your mistakes.)

2. Reproductive Issues

I also believe that a teenager's pregnancy is a "private family matter." In fact, I believe that every woman's pregnancy is a "private, family matter." (I bet the GOP never thought of making that leap!)

3. Church and State

Like the Governor, I now also believe that my will is perfectly aligned with God's will. When Governor Palin said that it was God's will for the Alaska pipeline to be built and asked for people to pray for that to happen, I was really inspired by her confidence in the absolute, seamless integration of her will and God's will. I have begun practicing this kind of supreme confidence on a smaller scale, but I am sure that I can quickly move to national issues. Starting with the sartorial, I know that it is God's will that I have the entire Chanel collection for the fall season, including those adorable high-heeled booties that were all over the runway shows.

(A couple things I'm still having trouble with regarding the will of God: I knew it was God's will that I win the Grammy in 2007 for my last record, but Bob Dylan won. This is clearly the work of Satan, but shouldn't my will/God's will have been strong enough to override that? And this Alaska pipeline--if it is God's will to have the pipeline built, then why isn't it built already? On a related topic, I don't own a single piece of Chanel.)

continued here

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081027/cash

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sho_Sho

• Splodgenessabounds

• KingTomis

• Whangarei

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I'd Be a Better VP than Sarah Palin

(Or, The Bridge to New Zealand)

By Rosanne Cash

October 10, 2008

I'd like to formally submit myself to replace Sarah Palin on the GOP ticket. I feel confident that John McCain will see that the very attributes he desired in his VP choice can be met, and even exceeded in some areas, by me. For your consideration, my big, fat résumé:

1. Focus on the Family

I am the mother of five children, just like Governor Palin. I have known the demands of managing a full-time career and motherhood at the same time. I have juggled a breast pump and a BlackBerry, and I know when to put the BlackBerry down. (To be perfectly honest, I did once send a text to the baby and tried to nurse my bass player. You learn from your mistakes.)

2. Reproductive Issues

I also believe that a teenager's pregnancy is a "private family matter." In fact, I believe that every woman's pregnancy is a "private, family matter." (I bet the GOP never thought of making that leap!)

3. Church and State

Like the Governor, I now also believe that my will is perfectly aligned with God's will. When Governor Palin said that it was God's will for the Alaska pipeline to be built and asked for people to pray for that to happen, I was really inspired by her confidence in the absolute, seamless integration of her will and God's will. I have begun practicing this kind of supreme confidence on a smaller scale, but I am sure that I can quickly move to national issues. Starting with the sartorial, I know that it is God's will that I have the entire Chanel collection for the fall season, including those adorable high-heeled booties that were all over the runway shows.

(A couple things I'm still having trouble with regarding the will of God: I knew it was God's will that I win the Grammy in 2007 for my last record, but Bob Dylan won. This is clearly the work of Satan, but shouldn't my will/God's will have been strong enough to override that? And this Alaska pipeline--if it is God's will to have the pipeline built, then why isn't it built already? On a related topic, I don't own a single piece of Chanel.)

continued here

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081027/cash

As usual just because someone is famous or related to someone famous they think that automatically makes them qualified to run the country or tell others how to vote.

Maybe I should have never went to college and just moved to Hollywood and become a performer. And that would make me more qualified to tell my political opinions to anyone who will listen.

As usual just because someone is famous or related to someone famous they think that automatically makes them qualified to run the country or tell others how to vote.

Maybe I should have never went to college and just moved to Hollywood and become a performer. And that would make me more qualified to tell my political opinions to anyone who will listen.

Just because 20 million people saw your movie or bought your album, doesn't necersarily mean 20 million people want to here your opinion.

Just because 20 million people saw your movie or bought your album, doesn't necersarily mean 20 million people want to here your opinion.

I know. I was being sarcastic.

There is nothing I hate more than hearing ignorant "stars" tell me about politics. Even if they are voting for the same person I am. I don’t want to hear what they have to say.

Most of them are former waiters and bottom feeders who swap each other out like they are at a swinger’s convention. Most don’t even have a high school education let alone college degree.

Because we like a song they sing or a movie they made, they think we care how they feel politically.

Hollywood is what is wrong with this country in the first place. They all need to shut the hell up and go back to snorting lines and doing whatever the hell it is they do.

Is this supposed to be relevant?

Just more sophomoric snickering from the peanut gallery. Cash is every bit as (ir)relevant as the Cleese thread.

::snickers and points. oh, bashing Palin for silly reasons is so fun, and shows how tragically hip i am::

I know. I was being sarcastic.

There is nothing I hate more than hearing ignorant "stars" tell me about politics. Even if they are voting for the same person I am. I don’t want to hear what they have to say.

Most of them are former waiters and bottom feeders who swap each other out like they are at a swinger’s convention. Most don’t even have a high school education let alone college degree.

Because we like a song they sing or a movie they made, they think we care how they feel politically.

Hollywood is what is wrong with this country in the first place. They all need to shut the hell up and go back to snorting lines and doing whatever the hell it is they do.

I know you were being sarcastic :D I was agreeing with with you.