Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Every Single 2008 Nobel Laureate

SQLserver

Here's a letter from the 2008 Nobel Laureates, all endorsing Obama.

http://sefora.org/2008/10/14/all-2008-us-n...-endorse-obama/

Here's my honest Question:

Should Americans base their vote, at least partly, after the votes of some of our smarter citizens?

Or, do you think that these opinions should be irrelevant to the average voter.

Cheers,

SQLserver

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• SoCrazes

• questionmark

• Fluffybunny

Top Posters In This Topic

Should Americans base their vote, at least partly, after the votes of some of our smarter citizens?

Cheers,

SQLserver

I don't think it is helpful, it will just reinforce the "Elitist" smear with some fellow citizens.

If they are such great minds, then why are they endorsing Obama?????????? :blink:

Let me put it this way: seeing who is endorsing McCain is more the theme...

Let me put it this way: seeing who is endorsing McCain is more the theme...

Then you are not seeing anything, read the forum title.

Then you are not seeing anything, read the forum title.

See what I mean? nah....

See what I mean? nah....

But we want a joe-six pack, gosh darn, golly gee wiz, darn tootin, Wasilla main street educated hockey mom running the country. Someone that the middle of America feel they can "relate" to... We wouldn't want anyone "elite" or "smart" running the country talking with their big words and high minded ways...nobody needs no book learnin' to know what this country needs to get goin' again! Good ol' common sense!

Ugggh....never mind... :mellow:

But we want a joe-six pack, gosh darn, golly gee wiz, darn tootin, Wasilla main street educated hockey mom running the country. Someone that the middle of America feel they can "relate" to... We wouldn't want anyone "elite" or "smart" running the country talking with their big words and high minded ways...nobody needs no book learnin' to know what this country needs to get goin' again! Good ol' common sense!

Poor Fluffy's mind.. =( /mourns

Yes, we prefer a successful Mayor and Governor. Than an elite and smart former commnity organizer, with past association of such character such as Ayers, Raines and Wright.

And now goes around the country with a disorganize campaign crew and rides daily in a plane that smells.

Edited by AROCES

Yes, we prefer a successful Mayor and Governor. Than an elite and smart former commnity organizer, with past association of such character such as Ayers, Raines and Wright.

And now goes around the country with a disorganize campaign crew and rides daily in a plane that smells.

Get it now? nah.....

Cheers,

SQLserver

Their endorsement is totally 100% irrelevant to me. Same with the endorsement of actors or musicians.

I'll do my own research on the candidates and decide for myself.

Their endorsement is totally 100% irrelevant to me. Same with the endorsement of actors or musicians.

One endorsement is one vote.

Any endorsement that represents the rest is against the democratic principles of one man , one vote..

Get it now? nah.....

When a the olfactory sense is used to pick a presidential candidate, things are bad. why is that a factor? does that mean that we have regressed somehow? Like dogs sniffing each others backsides?

Perhaps it is my high standards, but I dont consider it being a successful governor when you've been popped for ethical issues in your first term for letting your husband run rampant to try and get your brother in law canned, and then have the gall to say that the very report that points out your ethical shenanigans has somehow exonerated you from any ethical implications... basically lying... again...

Shes good at lying. That seems to be her best quality to date.

Yep. All this says is Nobel Laureates have a tendency to be liberal. It doesn't mean Obama is the better choice.

If they are such great minds, then why are they endorsing Obama?????????? :blink:

Are you trying to show how stupid it is for someone to vote for McCain?

Obama looked much more organized during the debates in comparison to McCain.

Are you trying to show how stupid it is for someone to vote for McCain?

As anyone besides me noticed that in the last 3 elections (including the current one) the Democrat nominee is annointed "brilliant", "insightful", "wise", the great "hope" etc while the Republican nominee is said to be "dumb", "stupid", "clueless", just got there by accident etc? Even though typically both candidates attended the same or similar Ivy League schools, got similar grades, etc?

Obama looked much more organized during the debates in comparison to McCain.

Listen, he can't even have an organized campaign staff. :hmm:

As anyone besides me noticed that in the last 3 elections (including the current one) the Democrat nominee is annointed "brilliant", "insightful", "wise", the great "hope" etc while the Republican nominee is said to be "dumb", "stupid", "clueless", just got there by accident etc? Even though typically both candidates attended the same or similar Ivy League schools, got similar grades, etc?

As you can see, their best candidate that is brilliant, insightful, wise, great hope can't even beat the Dumb, cluless, stupid Bush. :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong but neither Bush or McCain were exactly top of their class as far as I know. Plus having a university education, even an Ivy League one, is not a guarantee of intellect...this, however, applies to both dems and reps. And I have to say, Bush doesn't exactly come off as a bright fella, and Obama does come off more insightful and articulate than McCain.

And regarding Nobel laureates...I think it's safe to say most of the laureates are fairly smart people. I wonder why all these smart people have decided to endorse Obama.......

Did anyone else notice, last night, as BHO drank from his water glass, the liquid within seemed to turn red?

You forgot that Bush is often referred to as the "Highly Functioning Moron."