Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Last Debate

InHuman

Tell me, do you want a system that is better generally or just beneficial to certain situation?

Pre existing condition been addressed before, I say look it up I just can't remember the policies on it now.

It doesn't really matter either way, things will not be made better. And even if they do I have little hope that it will be before my 4 and 5 year olds loose thier mother.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Incorrigible1

• SoCrazes

• MaggieDruydess

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I didn't even bother to watch this **Oops** "debate" (got a little ahead of myslef ... :blush:) ... I am pretty much over it. If America wants Obama in office .. then by all means give it to him. Let's see if he can do any better with this mess. I wonder when he screws it up worse, if the blame will go to him or someone else.... / I am sure I already know the answer to that though ... :yes:

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

I'm curious why some people think the first thing Obama is going to do is pull the troops out of Iraq? I have a feeling that isn't going to happen.

I'm curious why some people think the first thing Obama is going to do is pull the troops out of Iraq? I have a feeling that isn't going to happen.

He won't! Some just never learn, the present Democrat congress promised the same thing 2 years ago during the mid election.

Correct me if I'm incorrect, but I still didn't hear any programs or services BHO would cut due to the economic crisis.

He wasn't specific, he only said he'd prioritize.

The voucher plan is really the charter plan. anyways its in the plan stage ...what happens if the child leaves the public school and goes to a charter the money goes with them........

Specifically, what money? I'm very interested in learning more about this. I'm concerned about the kids that don't have the "parental connection" going for them though.

Do we cancel the elcetion then and just inaugurate on November 4?

I think McCain layed down and played dead this entire campaign.

You generally do not want to cut spending in a recession; it acts as a counter-cyclical force to a downturn, along with tax cuts and lower interest rates. You should try to spend wisely, depending on the sectors that are most affected (particularly when the financial sector is involved), but extra spending during a recession is usually a good thing. The counter is true as well; governments should start cutting back on spending and start raising taxes and interest rates during a boom in order to prevent the rise of permanent large deficits and to dampen some of the activity in order to prevent a sudden crash (that includes intervention to prevent economic bubbles from getting too big).

Of course, it tends to be more difficult to pull off in real life during the past 30 years, since if you start raising taxes during a boom people and politicians start screaming that it will "hurt economic growth", and if you start cutting programs you run into various interest groups that want them held together or even expanded. Ideally, we would either put built-in "limiters" to our taxes (so that extra taxation kicks in if economic growth sits above 5% for two quarters, and cuts back if we get two quarters of less than 1% growth - or unemployment, or whatever you want to use as a metric), or simply use measures that automatically provide stimulus during a recession (unemployment insurance is a good example, and tends to be one of the best stimulants - supposedly it results in something like $1.74 dollars in consumer spending for every $1 given out).