Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should of run four years ago?

BlindMessiah

If anyone watched the debate I'm sure you all heard the line where Sidney McCain said to Hussein Obama that he isn't Walker Bush. If Hussein Obama wanted to run against Walker Bush then he should have run four years ago. The commentators after the debate were sort of split over whether this was an affective line. Do you think Sidney McCain's zinger will help distance himself from Walker Bush?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• Bish815

• zitro1987

• Incorrigible1

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone watched the debate I'm sure you all heard the line where Sidney McCain said to Hussein Obama that he isn't Walker Bush. If Hussein Obama wanted to run against Walker Bush then he should have run four years ago. The commentators after the debate were sort of split over whether this was an affective line. Do you think Sidney McCain's zinger will help distance himself from Walker Bush?

John Mc Cain is nothing like Bush. That's just what people like Obama want you to think.

It's far and away the best line (zinger) to have emerged from the four debates.

It was a great line. Because that IS the fear of McCain.

edit: by 'of' I don't mean McCain's fear, I mean the republican party is scary right now.

Edited by ravergirl

Their both pretty scary if you ask me. But I feel safer under McCain then Obama ,I feel like he's getting way over his head.

It's far and away the best line (zinger) to have emerged from the four debates.

Yes. I wish Hussein Obama would have come back to Sidney McCain saying, "Are you kidding? Walker Bush doesn't lose." That'd have been funny.

Edited by BlindMessiah

I thought it was a very good line. Especially the add on abut "you should have run four years ago." I like Obama but this constant ranting about Palin and Bush shows he's not willing to face who he is running against. :tu:

I doubt it will mean much. Debates this late in the game rarely amount to much unless they happen to be the only debates, since impressions of candidates are already forming and hardening (and with tons of early voting by mail, this is becoming even more true).

Ideally, they would hold these things much earlier, like in August or September, with perhaps one debate in early October, and one debate the day before the election to give the candidates one last shot to make an impression. Let's say five debates: 3 in September, 1 in October, and 1 the day before the election in November. That way they would have maximum impact.

It was a brilliant line, but he used it too late.

btw, why are you referring to everyone with their middle names?

It was a brilliant line, but he used it too late.

btw, why are you referring to everyone with their middle names?

Because many republicans keep emphasizing Barack's middle name so I'm doing it with all of them.

Edited by BlindMessiah

Blind...

You are the wind benieth my wings. <3

BlindMessiah while I understand the reason for what you are doing, it is essentially flamebait and this will just cause further problems. Please just refer to the candidates normally.

I'm a republican I just call them by their last name. I'll just be glad when this whole thing is over. I'm not really crazy about McCain either.

BlindMessiah while I understand the reason for what you are doing, it is essentially flamebait and this will just cause further problems. Please just refer to the candidates normally.

Where were you during all the "McCan't" and "Phalin" references? I hope your myopia doesn't cause headaches, but I must admit to a certain pain in my posterior, here.