Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ACORN/ FBI investi. nationwide voter fraud

rideron

Why is it the DEMOCRATS and THE LEFT are the ones ALWAYS pulling this kinda election-theft, and not Repub's???

ANSWER!> It's because they CAN'T WIN a fair fight, and they KNOW it..

Officials: FBI investigates ACORN for voter fraud

Oct 16 01:25 PM US/Eastern

By LARA JAKES JORDAN

Associated Press Writer Write a Comment

WASHINGTON (AP) - The FBI is investigating whether the community activist group ACORN helped foster voter registration fraud around the nation before the presidential election.

A senior law enforcement official confirmed the investigation to The Associated Press on Thursday. A second senior law enforcement official says the FBI was looking at results of recent raids on ACORN offices in several states for any evidence of a coordinated national scam.

Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because Justice Department regulations forbid discussing ongoing investigations particularly so close to an election.

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, says it has registered 1.3 million young people, minorities and poor and working-class voters—most of whom tend to be Democrats.

Republican accusations about the group were raised during Wednesday's presidential debate between Democrat Barack Obama and GOP candidate John McCain.

Some ACORN employees have been accused of submitting false voter registration forms—including some signed `Mickey Mouse' or other fictitious characters.

Those voter registration cards have become the focus of fraud investigations in Nevada, Connecticut, Missouri and at least five other states. Election officials in Ohio and North Carolina also recently questioned the group's voter forms.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Clocker

• SQLserver

• 4dplane

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it the DEMOCRATS and THE LEFT are the ones ALWAYS pulling this kinda election-theft, and not Repub's???

Repugs always try to disqualify voters who don't vote Repug.

Repugs always try to disqualify voters who don't vote Repug.

How, by insisting on voters ID and proper procedures?

Edited by AROCES

...no like this:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...750C0A9629C8B63

"In one lingering puzzle from 2000, an unknown number of legal voters were removed from Florida's rolls leading up to the presidential election, after a company working for the state mistakenly identified the voters as felons. At the same time, some counties mistakenly allowed actual felons to vote or turned away legitimate voters as suspected felons. A lawsuit filed in January 2001 sought to prevent similar errors, while another, filed just before the 2000 election, charged that the ban on felons voting discriminated against blacks and should be overturned. "

How, by insisting on voters ID and proper procedures?

What ! Are you telling me I can't make up a name and phony address, fill out seventeen registration forms, and vote multiple times on the same day without giving anyone enough time to verify my authinticity ?

Your infringing on my voting rights !

What ! Are you telling me I can't make up a name and phony address, fill out seventeen registration forms, and vote multiple times on the same day without giving anyone enough time to verify my authinticity ?

I want to sneak across another countries border and vote in there election!!!!

Fair is Fair!!!

I want to sneak across another countries border and vote in there election!!!!

Fair is Fair!!!

Thats what I'm doing on nov 4 th. 2 hr drive to Montana and bingo another vote for Obama, I jest as I'm way to lazy to make the effort.

Completely off-topic but at first glance I thought the headline said "AROCES" :ph34r:

Edited by Clocker

This is actually pretty funny. Here are some facts on the matter:

A. This is voter fraud AGAINST ACORN by ACORN employees, who have been promptly fired. The voter registration most likely had little to do with politics, and more to do with the employees being lazy.(It's easier to make up forms then actually get some)

B. All of this fraud was caught by ACORN! However, they have to turn in every registration by law. If a registration looks suspicious, they inform the state, which has happened in all of these cases.

So, NO voter fraud has been committed. The applications were caught.

Mind you, these aren't vote, but registrations. If the fake person doesn't show up on Election day(which of course, they won't), this has no relevance.

So, in conclusion:

A. This was caught by ACORN by lazy, and not politically biased employees.

B. This is not voter fraud. If 400,000,000 fake registrations were submitted it would have no effect on the election!

Cheers,

SQLServer

This is a great demonstration of the Right twisting information and outright lying.

Thanks for bringing it up, dude. ;)

And you will hear from the ACLU, how dare anyone delay a voter who needs to go to several precint in one day.

Edited by AROCES

Completely off-topic but at first glance I thought the headline said "AROCES" :ph34r:

You are thinking too much of me then, don't loose sleep over it.

This is actually pretty funny. Here are some facts on the matter:

A. This is voter fraud AGAINST ACORN by ACORN employees, who have been promptly fired. The voter registration most likely had little to do with politics, and more to do with the employees being lazy.(It's easier to make up forms then actually get some)

B. All of this fraud was caught by ACORN! However, they have to turn in every registration by law. If a registration looks suspicious, they inform the state, which has happened in all of these cases.

So, NO voter fraud has been committed. The applications were caught.

Mind you, these aren't vote, but registrations. If the fake person doesn't show up on Election day(which of course, they won't), this has no relevance.

So, in conclusion:

A. This was caught by ACORN by lazy, and not politically biased employees.

B. This is not voter fraud. If 400,000,000 fake registrations were submitted it would have no effect on the election!

Cheers,

SQLServer

We need investigation! Subpoena! Obama is behind it all!!!!

Heheh! If Obama wins it's our turn....LOL :lol:

ANSWER!> It's because they CAN'T WIN a fair fight, and they KNOW it..

Oct 16 01:25 PM US/Eastern

By LARA JAKES JORDAN

Associated Press Writer Write a Comment

WASHINGTON (AP) - The FBI is investigating whether the community activist group ACORN helped foster voter registration fraud around the nation before the presidential election.

A senior law enforcement official confirmed the investigation to The Associated Press on Thursday. A second senior law enforcement official says the FBI was looking at results of recent raids on ACORN offices in several states for any evidence of a coordinated national scam.

Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because Justice Department regulations forbid discussing ongoing investigations particularly so close to an election.

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, says it has registered 1.3 million young people, minorities and poor and working-class voters—most of whom tend to be Democrats.

Republican accusations about the group were raised during Wednesday's presidential debate between Democrat Barack Obama and GOP candidate John McCain.

Some ACORN employees have been accused of submitting false voter registration forms—including some signed `Mickey Mouse' or other fictitious characters.

Those voter registration cards have become the focus of fraud investigations in Nevada, Connecticut, Missouri and at least five other states. Election officials in Ohio and North Carolina also recently questioned the group's voter forms.

lmao ...

So here are the little inconvinient facts:

Obama is winning

Obama is not a muslim

Obama is a citizen of the United States

Obama never worked for ACORN; he and the US Dept. of Justice represented them in a law suit against the State of Illinois dealing with moto-voter act.

He is not "palling" around with Ayers and if you make that connection, several conservative republicans palled around with terrorists who sat on the same board.

Annenberg Foundation is not a radical organization as the most recent McCain ad claimed.

ACORN is required by law to submit all registration applications, although they tag those that appear not legit.

Polls are legit, they vary because of methodology, sample size, etc. you can't pick and choose based on results.

Polls on conservative websites do not reflect what Americans are thinking

Republicans are trying to pretend ACORN is part of some grand Democratic conspiracy. What are they actually doing? Registering new voters - the horror, the horror.

Most hypocritically Republicans have been working with ACORN for years. Earlier today I posted a picture of John McCain at an ACORN rally. (Here is another one on the left.) According to a Miami-Dade Community College press release, The rally will feature sponsors of the bill, prominent leaders representing various constituencies, and immigrants themselves. Sen. John McCain, chief co-sponsor of the legislation, will be the main speaker.” The release notes the event “is being sponsored by the New American Opportunity Campaign (NAOC), a coalition of local and national advocacy organizations, in partnership with ACORN.

And according to the Sun-Sentinel, McCain was the “principal speaker” at the “immigration reform town hall rally” organized by “the Archdiocese of Miami, the Florida Immigrant Coalition, ACORN, People for the American Way, and the Service Employees International.”

Why would McCain speak at such an event? Maybe because ACORN was backing his immigration bill. The ACORN website states,

"Fortunately, Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and Edward Kennedy (D-MA) have introduced a good immigration reform bill, the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act (S. 1033).” ACORN “strongly supports this bill and will work hard to make it become law.”

John McCain Wasn't alone among Republicans who have worked with ACORN. Texas Governor Rick Perry worked closely with the group.

According to the Houston Chronicle, the Houston chapter of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, has raised its profile and earned the respect of local officials.” The article notes, “the group's proudest moment came last week when Gov. Rick Perry signed a bill that makes important changes in the use of contracts-for-deed, a form of home lending that withholds a title from buyers until they have fully paid their loan.

Florida Governor Charlie Crist? He wasn't "bothered’ by ACORN FL registration efforts and even signed a voting rights bill promoted by ACORN. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Both Gov. Charlie Crist and Secretary of State Kurt Browning have said they don’t mind ACORN being active in Florida’s election process. When reporters asked Crist if there was a problem with ACORN here, he said, ‘No.’

The New York Times reported, ACORN supported a law signed by Governor Crist which, changed the rules last year to restore the voting rights of about 112,000 former convicts.

And according to Governor Crist's own website, Laura Goodhue, ACORN’s Florida policy director, and Travis Munnerlyn, an ACORN member, contributed to the agenda and presented for the Governor’s “H.O.P.E.” task force.

Chris Shays? He supports ACORN too. Shays put out a press release stating, Congressman Christopher Shays (R-CT) today announced the availability of free tax assistance for low- and moderate-income residents of Bridgeport, Norwalk and Stamford.

ACORN is among the centers recommended by Shays.

-4Michael Bloomberg? He kissed ACORN’s New York leader while announcing an affordable housing plan. The scandalous moment was caught on film.

What was all the excitement about? According to the July 1, 2005 edition of City Limits, Bloomberg finally made good on a decades-old promise to include affordable housing in the development--though, as Alyssa Katz reports, it took an army of organizers to get there. The real prize for the mayor graces our cover: a warm smooch from ACORN's Bertha Lewis for his modest plan to protect or create 65,000 affordable units.

And when Bloomberg visited New Orleans, the Times-Picayune notes the only time on his schedule when the public can see him will be at the 10:30 a.m. dedication of the ACORN Community Center at 1024 Elysian Fields Ave.

Arnold Schwarzenegger? According to the San Francisco Chronicle on 7/9/08, Arnold Schwarzenegger signed SB1137, a bill designed to help California homeowners avoid foreclosure.” He was joined by “members of community group ACORN, which helped draft the measure.

And the Mercury News reported the governor signed three copies of SB 1137, giving one to Perata, one to Dellums and one to a beaming Dorothy Hicks, an east Oakland resident and Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) activist.

Senator Mel Martinez even awarded a grant to ACORN:

According to the Times-Picayune on 10/3/03 the, U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Mel Martinez recently announced that his agency has awarded grants to Xavier and Tulane universities as well as ACORN and the city of New Orleans. The money will be spent to remove lead, educate the public about the dangers of lead-based paint and support research.

Tim Pawlenty sign into law a bill partially drafted by ACORN. According to the Northwestern Financial Review, The legislature passed two bills designed to help home-buyers get a fair deal on their mortgages. Gov. Tim Pawlenty signed the first bill April 20 and was set to sign the second bill as this issue goes to press.” The article notes, “The legislation was drafted according to recommendations made by a predatory lending study group established by Swanson prior to the legislative session. The study group contained representatives from the banking industry and the mortgage brokers association, as well as consumer advocates from organizations such as Illegal Aid and ACORN.

Even Mitt signed into law a bill supported by ACORN. According to the South Coast Today, Governor Mitt Romney signed a law that “cracked down on the practice of ‘loan flipping.’” The article notes state legislator John Quinn, who authored the bill, held “nearly two-years-plus of hearings and meetings” with ACORN and that ACORN supported the final bill.

And of course Joe Lieberman has met with ACORN. According to the Washington Daybook on 02/09/06, Joe Lieberman met with members of the ACORN Katrina Survivors Association.

http://oxdown.firedoglake.com/diary/707

You are thinking too much of me then, don't loose sleep over it.

Haha I appreciate your concern, but I slept quite well thanks.