Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

`Joe the Plumber' Owes Back Taxes

questionmark

I think anyone would be wrong to go after interest or dividend income. The retirement of millions would suffer and dividends already suffer a double taxation.

Been happening for 40+ years! I didn't read anything in his plan to eleminate taxation on interest and dividends. This is a man who wants to raise the capital gains rate - do you think he's going to reduce taxes on interest and dividends too?! Be real.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• questionmark

• SoCrazes

• AROCES

Been happening for 40+ years! I didn't read anything in his plan to eleminate taxation on interest and dividends. This is a man who wants to raise the capital gains rate - do you think he's going to reduce taxes on interest and dividends too?! Be real.

You don't have to jump at me with "Be real", I'm agreeing that interest and dividends should be left alone. To my knowledge, McCain nor Obama haven't addressed the increase/relaxation of the taxation of interest and dividends...that is what is real!

You're an adult. Do you believe everything a person tells you??

Use your mind. You said it yourself a rosier situation. With 3 kids you've been around the block before. Look me in the eye (so to speak) and tell me in your heart you understand how Obama's tax policy and other policies will change your life and the country for the better now and into the future!(?)

I've been to the Obama tax cut website too. It claims I will save around $4k under his plan. I don't buy it. It can't.

Think about all the things he wants to do:

Bail out the institutions.

Spend to the get the economy going better.

Plans for tax cuts for he claims 95% of the people

Plans for better subprime housing.

Plans for a better social retirement program.

Plans for universal health care (BTW, did you hear about Hawaii's - he's home state! - plan being cancelled after just 7 months!)

And then there's the countless unforseen events like hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, possible military action or terrorist activity, etc.

Do you seriously believe he can finance all that and still give you and 95% of the population any sort of meaningful tax cut?!

No, I don't and neither does he. When confronted with a similar question Obama asserted that he would prioritize. Yes I did hear about Hawaii, kind of reminded me of the story in Texas where the "No Child Left Behind Act" was cultivated.

To me the real story of Joe the Plummer is not so much about anything to do with McCain or Obama but has much more to do with what is now a full blown fascist media in the USA.

When they checked on this man they found that his license was being processed.

That means he already had applied and paid for it.

But since he dared to question their new god, they set out to destroy him, his family, his life.

There is an illegal and hostile coup going on in the USA, it will just take the rest of the world as well as many in the USA to figure it out.

Perhaps the best hope might be that they screw up and hurry the amnesty and citizenship process for the many illegals from Mexico inside the USA, as Mexicans are not known to be fond of Communists, and it is doubtful they will be content to remain the low wage slaves of Communists. They are a freedom loving and religious people who believe that God's throne is in heaven and not in Washington, DC.

You don't have to jump at me with "Be real", I'm agreeing that interest and dividends should be left alone. To my knowledge, McCain nor Obama haven't addressed the increase/relaxation of the taxation of interest and dividends...that is what is real!

Your anti-hero Bush did reduce the tax on dividends from stocks held 1+ years. That was a good thing. And he reduced the captial gains tax rate. Infact, the "evil" Bush enacted a 0% capital gains rate for the lowest income people in the 10% and 15% marginal rates.

Don't forget that he promised to repeal the Bush tax cuts that included the tax reductions on dividends, so there's your answer! :D

To me the real story of Joe the Plummer is not so much about anything to do with McCain or Obama but has much more to do with what is now a full blown fascist media in the USA.

But since he dared to question their new god, they set out to destroy him, his family, his life.

There is an illegal and hostile coup going on in the USA, it will just take the rest of the world as well as many in the USA to figure it out.

Perhaps the best hope might be that they screw up and hurry the amnesty and citizenship process for the many illegals from Mexico inside the USA, as Mexicans are not known to be fond of Communists, and it is doubtful they will be content to remain the low wage slaves of Communists. They are a freedom loving and religious people who believe that God's throne is in heaven and not in Washington, DC.

ctrl-alt-delete

Very well said! :tsu:

ctrl-alt-delete

Take a spoon full of sugar - or a shot of scotch. It helps the truth go down easier.

Your anti-hero Bush did reduce the tax on dividends from stocks held 1+ years. That was a good thing. And he reduced the captial gains tax rate. Infact, the "evil" Bush enacted a 0% capital gains rate for the lowest income people in the 10% and 15% marginal rates.

Don't forget that he promised to repeal the Bush tax cuts that included the tax reductions on dividends, so there's your answer! :D

In addition to "trickle down", Repub Hoover also tried tax cuts for rich. Things got worst. It took FDR investing in people to pull the country of the economic abyss created by Bush, I mean, Hoover.

Why do you use the smiley icons when deliberating? Or am I missing a joke?

Take a spoon full of sugar - or a shot of scotch. It helps the truth go down easier.

Straight vodka is better.

The question is why are we raising taxes. Is it because we need more money in the coffers, not according to obama. We are raising taxes to taking money from the rich to give to the poor.

The problem is the Rich do not pay taxes. Their customers do, who are their customers that would be the poor. So now tell me why do the rich keep getting rich and the poor get poorer.

In addition to "trickle down", Repub Hoover also tried tax cuts for rich. Things got worst. It took FDR investing in people to pull the country of the economic abyss created by Bush, I mean, Hoover.

Your history is flawed. The Great Depression was only expected to last for three years according to the experts of both parties at that time. FDR caused it to last fifteen years instead with economically destructive policies.

That he brought prosperity is a myth that arose during war time for the sake of morale.

On the other hand, the democrat JFK cut taxes and the 1960s were a period of economic boom and well being, damaged only by LBJ's contrived war in Vietnam.

The question is why are we raising taxes. Is it because we need more money in the coffers, not according to obama. We are raising taxes to taking money from the rich to give to the poor.

Brilliant! :tu:

The problem is the Rich do not pay taxes. Their customers do, who are their customers that would be the poor. So now tell me why do the rich keep getting rich and the poor get poorer.

Not so brilliant. :td:

Ask any accountant. "The Rich" do pay taxes. The reality is there just aren't that many tax shelters and loop holes left in the system.

The issue is they aren't paying as much as some people feel they should be! But they are paying. That can't be avoided. :no:

In the early 1980s the ratio of CEOs pay to the average worker's pay in the US was 32 to 1. In 2006 the same ratio was 420-1. You tell me why the poor get poorer and the rich get richer.

Edited by SoCrazes

He put himself up there. And the republicans pushed him. You didn't think his story would be questioned?

Him and people like him are gonna BENIFIT if the plan goes through.

Oh and the illegal and hostile coup? Wow. Are you serious? The Left was saying the same thing when the war drums were'a'beating for Iraq and peoples blood was high from the terrorist attacks. But now since its not benifiting the republicans, theres a facist media. Nothing at all like the one that supported their goals before.

Ask any accountant. "The Rich" do pay taxes. The reality is there just aren't that many tax shelters and loop holes left in the system.

The issue is they aren't paying as much as some people feel they should be! But they are paying. That can't be avoided. :no:

No they are not paying taxes they are passing the taxes on to you and me with price increases no loop holes needed.

That would be about 1/3 of inflation the other third being wage increase and payroll taxes.

Edited by danielost

He put himself up there. And the republicans pushed him. You didn't think his story would be questioned?

Him and people like him are gonna BENIFIT if the plan goes through.

Oh and the illegal and hostile coup? Wow. Are you serious? The Left was saying the same thing when the war drums were'a'beating for Iraq and peoples blood was high from the terrorist attacks. But now since its not benifiting the republicans, theres a facist media. Nothing at all like the one that supported their goals before.

Good point, I remember now that Bush was the media's hero and the media wanted blood. Thanks for ajarring my memory.

I thought they got a tax cut (just like everyone else) under bush? Did they?

This is bologna. I know first hand of people that know the loopholes and don't pay taxes. Your speculation is showing to be weak.

No they are not paying taxes they are passing the taxes on to you and me with price increases no loop holes needed.

You're speaking of businesses.

First, businesses do pay taxes! A profitable company has to pay taxes. Can't be avoided. Same as with an individual - there just aren't as many shelters and loop holes as you think.

Second, of couse they do! When the costs of production go up a business can either 1) choose to absorb all or some of the increase which translates into lower profits, or, 2) pass the costs along to the consumer which is inflation. Nothing new here. Been happening since the dawn of time.

This is bologna. I know first hand of people that know the loopholes and don't pay taxes. Your speculation is showing to be weak.

Prove me wrong! Tell us all about a loop hole that allows for no taxes what-so-ever.

Make sure it's a real loop hole, not just some law or court ruling or IRS decision you don't like.

Oh and the illegal and hostile coup? Wow. Are you serious?

I am dead serious, and I am not a Republican, and I never voted for Bush.

I am conservative and the last person I voted for for President was John Kerry, in the hopes of getting Bush out.

I just using the man's name. Are you ashamed or embarrassed of his name?

BTW, nice way to try to avoid the subject.

Can't avoid something that's not really a subject. Just.. there. The whole thing blew up in McCain's face.

However Nope, not ashamed of the man's name. Just that normal people usually just call him Barak or Obama. I've yet to meet one person who calls me by my middle name.

Let's say, just for S&G's, Joe was a total fabrication. A characterature.

So what?

You can't deny what he expressed represents the hopes and dreams of millions of Americas (as well as the actual achievements of millions of Americans).

And you can't deny it got B. Hussein Obama to say something rather startling!

The latter being what the media, if it was truly objective, should be focusing on.

Joe isn't running for office!

So the hopes and dreams of the Americans is being so filthy rich that they run out of numbers to count their money and pay no taxes?

That is easy, lets run up a hyperinflation and cease all government services including law enforcement and armed services.....

It's waht Obama said to me that made the that made the headline, so the media and Obama is talking about the individual instead.

By the way, let me repeat what Obam said to Joe the plumber, " I'll will spread the wealth around".

What is wrong with spreading wealth around? Every government does that every day, no matter if communist or fascist or anything in between... and they take it from the tax payer. You don't like it? See the above solution.

You reactionaries have to stop pretending that you can have security, research and law enforcement for free while taking your money to the grave.

Edited by questionmark

Your history is flawed. The Great Depression was only expected to last for three years according to the experts of both parties at that time. FDR caused it to last fifteen years instead with economically destructive policies.

Nice how you tried to side-step the real issue; namely, that it was Hoover's trickle-down econmic philosophy is what spiraled the country into the depression. The Republicans haven't learned that trickle-down doesn't work; hence, history is repeating itself as we prepare for the worst economic crisis since the great depression following the administration of yet another Republican trickle-down president.

Edited by SoCrazes