Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: Recession could delay rescinding Bush

AROCES

If you don't think that one sentence from Obama means anything then why do you bother responding??? :blink:

To show how silly you are being when you speculate so much about something that you know so little about...

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• AlexG

• questionmark

• Tiggs

Does anyone else feel it is unfair to tax the rich to take care of the country? I mean, shouldn't they be treated equally - just like everyone else? Why should they be punished because they have more money, in many cases hard earned? And no, I am not a rich. It just makes me uncomfortable.

Besides, don't they have a million loop holes to get out of paying anyway?

To show how silly you are being when you speculate so much about something that you know so little about...

Well, it's you who look silly then for responding to something you think has no meaning...

Well, it's you who look silly then for responding to something you think has no meaning...

I responded because you wanted to discuss it. But since we're just going round and round on the same point, there's no need to continue.

Does anyone else feel it is unfair to tax the rich to take care of the country? I mean, shouldn't they be treated equally - just like everyone else? Why should they be punished because they have more money, in many cases hard earned? And no, I am not a rich. It just makes me uncomfortable.

Besides, don't they have a million loop holes to get out of paying anyway?

No it is not unfair. Here is why.

When you make more money you pay more taxes by percentage, However, you earn enough to buy more things such as houses cars, pay to charities, start businesses, buy boats, but even though these things each have taxes on them (except charity) on top of the principle costs, the use of these things offer tax breaks such as using your yacht as a business meeting place and to host customer parties and PR events. Meaning that you don't actually pay for that yacht. Meaning you may pay higher taxes and buy more expensive things but it is not a fiscal difference. Kind of like 'breaking even' in theory. Where as the lower classes struggle to afford simple luxuries like running water and food.

EDIT to ADD this-

and while they worked hard for their monay and should be able to enjoy it, it is unbalanced.

Edited by ravergirl

No it is not unfair. Here is why.

When you make more money you pay more taxes by percentage, However, you earn enough to buy more things such as houses cars, pay to charities, start businesses, buy boats, but even though these things each have taxes on them (except charity) on top of the principle costs, the use of these things offer tax breaks such as using your yacht as a business meeting place and to host customer parties and PR events. Meaning that you don't actually pay for that yacht. Meaning you may pay higher taxes and buy more expensive things but it is not a fiscal difference. Kind of like 'breaking even' in theory. Where as the lower classes struggle to afford simple luxuries like running water and food.

EDIT to ADD this-

and while they worked hard for their monay and should be able to enjoy it, it is unbalanced.

And who do you think benefits from all those spending?

I responded because you wanted to discuss it. But since we're just going round and round on the same point, there's no need to continue.

It's the point, and you tried to go around it.

I think maybe then those tax breaks should be gotten rid of then, make it harder for people to use loopholes. I still don't believe it is fair to make rich people pay a higher percentage in their taxes. I think it should be the same for everyone. Just my opinion. I never see anyone mention that, so I just kind of wondered if anyone felt the same way.

And who do you think benefits from all those spending?

Rich people do not buy crap from wal-mart sweetie. They buy things from exclusive designers and are usually in another country. there is no benifit because the bulk of the money stays in the upper class. and NOT a significant amount of it flows into the working economy.

I think maybe then those tax breaks should be gotten rid of then, make it harder for people to use loopholes. I still don't believe it is fair to make rich people pay a higher percentage in their taxes. I think it should be the same for everyone. Just my opinion. I never see anyone mention that, so I just kind of wondered if anyone felt the same way.

They can't get rid of them because then small business will be eliminated and big business will monopolize our economy.

They can't get rid of them because then small business will be eliminated and big business will monopolize our economy.

And why isn't it fair to pay a higher percentage when the percentage system is to pay the government for the services they provide. and that say a mansion gets caught on fire and the fire department has to save the 1,000,000,000.32 mansion over the 32,000 apartment unit.

It's the point, and you tried to go around it.

It's the point you want to make and have it confirmed. Since I don't agree with it, I'm not going to play your game. You've asked, I've responded, and since I don't say what you want, you keep asking.

Rich people do not buy crap from wal-mart sweetie. They buy things from exclusive designers and are usually in another country. there is no benifit because the bulk of the money stays in the upper class. and NOT a significant amount of it flows into the working economy.

There are other industry other than Wal Mart.

Hotels, Restaurants, Boat and Yatch builders, High end products, Aircraft industries like Lear Jets.

Are you implying then that everyone should shop at WalMart?

Edited by AROCES

And why isn't it fair to pay a higher percentage when the percentage system is to pay the government for the services they provide. and that say a mansion gets caught on fire and the fire department has to save the 1,000,000,000.32 mansion over the 32,000 apartment unit.

Property and City tax covers the Fire Department.

There are other industry other than Wal Mart.

Hotels, Restaurants, Boat and Yatch builders, High end products, Aircraft industries like Lear Jets.

Are you implying then that everyone should shops at WalMart?

Don't display your ignorence so boldly. You are perfectly aware of what I meant as well as everyone else. and JUST IN CASE YOU WEREN'T. I did not imply everyone shops at wal-mart, I implied that Wal-mart is more accesible than Versace and more people shop there. It isn't about name dropping it is about economic status. The genre includes target, K-Mart, Albertsons, blah blah blahblah, and doesn't include Prada, yacht makers, or Presidential suites.

Don't display your ignorence so boldly. You are perfectly aware of what I meant as well as everyone else. and JUST IN CASE YOU WEREN'T. I did not imply everyone shops at wal-mart, I implied that Wal-mart is more accesible than Versace and more people shop there. It isn't about name dropping it is about economic status. The genre includes target, K-Mart, Albertsons, blah blah blahblah, and doesn't include Prada, yacht makers, or Presidential suites.

Oh no, you claim if the rich have the money it does not go to the working people.

What do you call those who work for Lear Jets and and 5 Star hotels?

Oh no, you claim if the rich have the money it does not go to the working people.

Classic trickle down argument. It's was tried in the 80's and it didn't work.

It was called Voodoo Economics by Bush I.

Classic trickle down argument. It's was tried in the 80's and it didn't work.

It was called Voodoo Economics by Bush I.

Obama disagree with you, he might suspend tax increase on the rich if the economy remians weak.

Obama disagree with you, he might suspend tax increase on the rich if the economy remians weak.

I don't think Obama disagrees. I think he's keeping options open in a time of unprecedented uncertainty. You want to jump on his statement as validation of your libertarian tax positions. So you'll take the statement out of any context and keep reposting your interpretation.

I have stated this before but not as clearly.

The rich do not pay taxes. Their customers do.

I have stated this before but not as clearly.

The rich do not pay taxes. Their customers do.

:huh: could you explain that a little more clearly, maybe it's not enough coffee this morning but I don't get what you mean.

I don't think Obama disagrees. I think he's keeping options open in a time of unprecedented uncertainty. You want to jump on his statement as validation of your libertarian tax positions. So you'll take the statement out of any context and keep reposting your interpretation.

Yup, options like trying trickle down by not increasing the tax on th erich.

those jobs aren't minimum wage.

and the profit goes to the company not the employees.

Edited by ravergirl