Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama: Recession could delay rescinding Bush

AROCES

It's very simple:

What is more valuable to an economy - $1.00 in your pocket or in Uncle Sam's pocket?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• AlexG

• questionmark

• Tiggs

The $700+ billion bailout - that's why.

But I was told we had to do the bailout now!

We couldn't wait weeks or months or even just a few days to think it all through and craft it properly. It had to be done now!

:huh:

It's very simple:

What is more valuable to an economy - $1.00 in your pocket or in Uncle Sam's pocket?

Wrong question: What is more important to the economy: $1 in the pocket of someone who has $10.000 or $1 in the pocket of one who got none.

The dollar in the pocket of Uncle Sam could be more valuable because it will be spent, the dollar in my pocket may end up under my pillow doing nothing for the economy.

Wrong question: What is more important to the economy: $1 in the pocket of someone who has $10.000 or $1 in the pocket of one who got none.

Wrong perception.

A dollar to either person will be used in some fashion to advance the economy. Maybe not the way you would like it to be spent but it will. Whether that $1.00 buys wine or soda, cheese or Chrystal it still advances the economy.

The dollar in the pocket of Uncle Sam could be more valuable because it will be spent, the dollar in my pocket may end up under my pillow doing nothing for the economy.

100% backwards! :no:

We couldn't wait weeks or months or even just a few days to think it all through and craft it properly. It had to be done now!

:huh:

This whole thing reeks of greed.

Wrong perception.

A dollar to either person will be used in some fashion to advance the economy. Maybe not the way you would like it to be spent but it will. Whether that $1.00 buys wine or soda, cheese or Chrystal it still advances the economy.

100% backwards! :no:

and a dollar that is spent for pencils to be used by some government pencil pusher also advances the economy...so your point is exactly....?

Stay on topic now..... :)

Tells us why do you think he might not raise taxes if the economy stays weak....

Hey AROCES, because his plane stinks.

and a dollar that is spent for pencils to be used by some government pencil pusher also advances the economy...so your point is exactly....?

So government spending (which is called "deficit spending" when they don't have the money) will grow our economy?

Are you seriously thinking that government is the biggest and best source of economic prosperity in the country?

One of us is totally wrong and and pray it's not me. :no:

So government spending (which is called "deficit spending" when they don't have the money) will grow our economy?

Are you seriously thinking that government is the biggest and best source of economic prosperity in the country?

One of us is totally wrong and and pray it's not me. :no:

You are good at attributing views to people who never expressed them, aren't you... where did I say deficit spending?

You are good at attributing views to people who never expressed them, aren't you... where did I say deficit spending?

If the gov is going to be our saviour and spend our way out of the recession into economic boom it's going to run up a hell of a credit debt!!

Can you point out an example in history of any country who's government spent it's way out of a recession and thereby brought prosperity to the people?

If the gov is going to be our saviour and spend our way out of the recession into economic boom it's going to run up a hell of a credit debt!!

The 4 Trillion that McCain's going to spend on his tax cuts - where, exactly, do you think that's going to come from?

Can you point out an example in history of any country who's government spent it's way out of a recession and thereby brought prosperity to the people?

Can you point out one country where prosperity was created by deficit spending?

There is nothing wrong to get into debt during a recession...but it sure is to declare that the taxpayer has been overcharged and reduce taxes before the debt is paid for... that is exactly what your heroes did in 2000 ... and have accumulated the biggest debt in history. So bad that 50% of tax income will be needed just to pay interest on it by next year. And on top some geniuses want to cut taxes....brilliant...really brilliant.

That was apparently the philosophy of the last eight years REPUBLICAN administration and congress.

Because the unregulated DERIVATIVES market was about the come due, and there was not enough money in the world to pay it and would have crashed the stock market destroyed the banking system.

That was apparently the philosophy of the last eight years REPUBLICAN administration and congress.

What is this? Desent amoung the liberals??

Questionmark says gov spending is the only way to get us out of a recession and into prosperity.

Can't you guys agree on anything? ;)

I want to back up to something......

Taking the money from the rich is a bad idea. However, it is sad that the rich can look at our failing economy and not suggest the policy themselves. People who garner that much power, money, and trust from the rest of us SHOULD feel obligated to restore stability to a shakey economy whatever venue it goes through. But greed is instinctual.

Why some of them may have caused it to start with.

Everyone that reads or writes to this site has been taken hostage. The USA government paid 700 billion so far to let us go.

Can anyone explain to me how you get a prosperous growing economy without somebody becoming "rich"?

Can anyone explain to me how you get a prosperous growing economy without somebody becoming "rich"?

The soviet union is still trying to figuare that one out.

Because it is a solution that people have heard of. Which means they remember it. Which means by and large it can be confused with good times. and A solution people have heard of is WAY more comforting to the masses than a new program that they don't understand.

That is a mob mentatlity manipulation, and if his plan is dragged throught the dirt, it is no big deal because thats part of an election.

So, you confirm Obama is just saying what people wants to hear?

I havn't heard him admit that he would NOT tax the rich. Lets look at the rich for a second, are we talking about joe six pack making $500 thou a year or corporations that make billions every year. Just saying the rich leaves a pretty big gap. For one these billion dollar companies got to be billion dollar company's because of the people and the laws that allow them to operate the way they do. Should they not give back a little with out the whinning and belly aching. Here in Alberta we raised the tax revenue's on some of the biggest oil companies on the planet and all they did was whine that instead of a 95 billion dollar profit all it would be is 65 billion this year (not exact numbers) They threatened to move out of Alberta and we called there bluff. The Ultra rich need to be taxed more in my opinion as they ride on the backs of "joe-six-pack" that make it possible for them to be rich.

Eh just my 2 cents

Changing the story again? :rolleyes: Read the link all over again before you respond.

He's not. You just want him to.

He said it himself, but you insist he did not.

I suggest then you move to the Myths or conspiracy forum.

I want to back up to something......

Taking the money from the rich is a bad idea. However, it is sad that the rich can look at our failing economy and not suggest the policy themselves. People who garner that much power, money, and trust from the rest of us SHOULD feel obligated to restore stability to a shakey economy whatever venue it goes through. But greed is instinctual.

i don't know who been feeding your brain since birth, but what made you think that the rich would prefer a failing economy, what made you think the rich whos wealth is invested would prefer a population of poor people????????

If you are rich and your money is invested, will it be better for your investment if the majority of the population are poor?

You mean some guy offered a million dollars to OTHER millionaires. WOW. Thats what I have been saying all day, and Aroces just wont get it.

WOW, the rich throwing money at you, WOW! Now why is Warren Buffet alone on his quest, could be because of the heat Wal Mart is getting from labor Union. :yes:

I prefer a rich who rewards those who works.

Edited by AROCES

You sound like a commie rebel really.