Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre,odd,strange, unusual Facts!

karl 12

Not possible.

Yep, they were the base sink speices for the Black Death aka, Bubonic plague that wiped out half of Europe's population and decimated most of Asia, North Africa and Europe in a succession of cyclic plagues. Marmots are the orginal hosts, thus the old Mongol tradtition of never aprocahing a dead Marmot and kiiing them on sight from a distence.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karl 12

• behaviour???

• Lady Amethyst

• exeller

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A giraffe can clean his ears with his tongue.

That got me thinking. Can a giraffe reach its own private parts?

A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana :P

For the sake of checking first, I just did an experiment with all three of my dogs, who happen to be three different breeds. I held their snout in place while I moved a cookie around over their head. They must all truly be wonder dogs since all three of them were able to look up.

Behaviour???, I've merged your thread with another thread which was already in existence on the subject of unusual facts :tu:

I just did an experiment with all three of my dogs,

lmao

the coke company is the only legal importer of cocaine to be used for medicinal purposes

Coke the cola used to have coke as an ingredient

Apollonia is the patron saint of toothaches

Napoleon was 5'6" tall so he wasn't that short

And people were smaller back then so he he probably wasn't thought of as short.

Behaviour???, I've merged your thread with another thread which was already in existence on the subject of unusual facts :tu:

You left me crazy...I searched this thread in the off topic section 5 times and luckily I saw this....I was going to post about its missing in the support section when I saw this

And for my part.....

A glass ball upon putting it on the floor wont break but bounce!

Thanks

B???

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

According to U.K. law,a pregnant woman can urinate anywhere she wants in public - even in a policeman's helmet.

Other silly British laws:

* In Chester, you can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

* You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close in Hereford.

* In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

* In York, excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

* Committing suicide is classified as a capital crime.

* Placing a postage stamp that bears the Queen (or King) upside down is considered treason.

* A license is required to keep a lunatic.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/hey-its-sunday-lets-go-kill-scotsman-archaic-british-laws

* A license is required to keep a lunatic.

"So that's what marriage licenses are for..."

I'm not married, but I can hear my mother (or father) saying that. :D

The one about the Eskimos and the freezer cracked me up. When I lived in South Dakota, we used to keep food frozen in our garage in the winter. We would transfer it to our freezer a week or so before we would cook it, to begin the thawing process! Crazy! :wacko:

About 110 calories are burnt in an hour of typing

Termites have the worlds highest output of farts

By the time crocodiles decrease in size

Thanks

B???

* A license is required to keep a lunatic

"So that's what marriage licenses are for..."

Quill - thats a good one. :)

This is an interesting link -

The dinosaurs became extinct before the Rockies or the Alps were formed

Astronauts cannot belch – there is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs.

One million, million, million, million, millionth of a second after the Big Bang the Universe was the size of a …pea.

100 Interesting Science Facts

Cheers.

Edited by karl 12

• 2 weeks later...

More cheeky facts:

Religions, Myths, Superstitions, and Other Beliefs

The Aetherius Society believes Jesus is alive and well on the planet Venus.

One superstition to get rid of warts involves rubbing a peeled apple and giving it to a pig.

The Fijiian god Matawaloo has eight stomachs and is always eating.

Buddhism is the fastest growing religion in Ireland.

William Blake, Winston Churchill, and John Lennon were all ordained druids.

Some saints in the Middle Ages were dirty because they thought it would bring them closer to God. St. Anthony never washed his feet; St. Abraham never washed his hands or feet for 50 years; St. Sylvia never washed any part of her body except her fingertips.

St. Cassian was a schoolmaster whose pupils stabbed him to death with their pens.

There is no mention of Adam and Eve eating an apple in the Bible.

One mariner's tale of the 15th century held that men who tried to sail south of Morrocco would be transformed into Negroes.

Legend has it that after he was beheaded, St. Dennis, the patron saint of Paris,France, carried his head around and walked for quite some distance before finally setting it down.

According to the ancient Chinese, swinging your arms cures headache pain.

The ancient Celts believed that rivers were the urine of goddesses. Many European rivers (Seine, Severn, Danube, etc.) were named after these urinating Celtic deities.

Pliny believed that the souls of the dead resided in beans.

http://www.ladyoftheearth.com/stories/a-religious.txt