Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why can't non muslims go to mecca?

karl 12

In the U.K. ,muslims often complain of inequality,intolerance and racism (even though islam is just an opinion and not a geographical location).I agree that equality is all important and that,despite of people's opinions,we are all of the same worth.That said,why is it that if I go to Mecca as a non muslim (unworthy kuffar) I will not be permittted entrance?If I then persist ,find a way into mecca and am found there ,I will then get up to one year in prison (and after that extradited).I can visit any other 'religious' location on the planet with no problems whatsoever-what makes muslims so special? I actualy read a horrific report that described how one taxi driver who ended up in mecca after a wrong turn got dragged out of his car,beaten and murdered just for being a 'non beleiver'.What is wrong with this organised religious mindset? Isn't tolerance is a two way street?Has it got more to do with delusional superiority complexes and bigotted insecurity?

<!--quoteo(post=2559069:date=Oct 19 2008, 04:38 AM:name=Leonardo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leonardo @ Oct 19 2008, 04:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2559069"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While I'm not suggesting that Muslims are alone in denying access to a sanctified place to non-believers, I would like to ask, what is sanctity? If god - in the case mentioned one of the montheistic deities and therefore presumably a 'god of everyone' whether they realise it (believers) or not (unbelievers) - is truly god then surely any place, item etc, considered 'holy' is a place for everyone.Exclusion, in these cases, such as cloistered monasteries, the Temple in Jerusalem and Mecca, smack to me of elitism. Is this a practice demanded by the various religions involved?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I am with you on this ,the Muslims are forever saying there is only one God ,so the God that other religions worship must be the same one ,So why would God exclude anyone from the holy place .? It is a man made rule in my opinion with no logic behind it and does smack of elitism as you said fullywired

It isn't about intolerance or about the non-muslims being unworthy.

To understand what this is about you must know some things.

Mecca contains the kaaba, the most sacred site in Islam, built around it, the Masjid al-Haram.

All Muslims around the world face the Kaaba during prayers.

Muslims go there for Hajj, which is one of the five pillars of islam.

The sole purpose of being in Mecca is to pray and perform some of the most important rituals of islam.

If one is not a muslim and has no intention of praying there or participating in any practices of the muslims, what else does he or she intend to do there?

Take pictures? stare at the muslims praying?

It's also very crowded enough as it is there.

So restricting access to Mecca is intended to provide a place of peace and refuge for Muslim believers and preserve the sanctity of the holy cities.

The Muslims are forever saying there is only one God, that is true.

However not all religions worship that one God, and though we believe that the bible and turah (the unchanged versions), are books from Allah, they were changed, and the quran is the final, complete, and unchanged book that people are ordered to follow.

I already explained the logic behind denying access to Mecca.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Leonardo

• Mr Walker

• Link of Hyrule

• oldvariant42

In the U.K. ,muslims often complain of inequality,intolerance and racism (even though islam is just an opinion and not a geographical location).

I agree that equality is all important and that,despite of people's opinions,we are all of the same worth.

That said,why is it that if I go to Mecca as a non muslim (unworthy kuffar) I will not be permittted entrance?

If I then persist ,find a way into mecca and am found there ,I will then get up to one year in prison (and after that extradited).

I can visit any other 'religious' location on the planet with no problems whatsoever-what makes muslims so special?

I actualy read a horrific report that described how one taxi driver who ended up in mecca after a wrong turn got dragged out of his car,beaten and murdered just for being a 'non beleiver'.

What is wrong with this organised religious mindset?

Isn't tolerance is a two way street?

Has it got more to do with delusional superiority complexes and bigotted insecurity?

If you want to go, you have to talk, walk and act like them. All this gods rules are actually just an operating system programmed by a human for a brainwashed human to follow. To make it easier, don't go there. Just enjoy your life and the way you want it.

it's called the sacred land

and why people keep saying they're not clean enough to go there ?

am sure you all have bathrooms and showers since you got computers

and internet :D

the point is it's sacred land and only muslims goes there

that's mentioned in Quran that only muslims might go there

not coz they're unclean but rather coz it's holy land to make

certain islamic ceremony whom only done by muslims

beside it's crowded enough as it is why would any one wanna be there !!!

i wouldn't ...

and btw it should be done by muslims at least once in their life

" if they could offord it "

so it's not obligation since some people might not have enough money

to do that