Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CA GOP arrested for Voter fraud

SQLserver

Once again, we see the GOP lying and accusing that the other side of doing exactly what they are doing.

While spreading some absurd, pathetic, and altogether hilarious myth about ACORN, they're doing everything they can to game the election.

A GOP official has been arrested for switching thousands of registered Democrats to Republican without permission.

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=6534

Cheers,

SQLserver

Edited by sqlserver

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AzTide

• questionmark

• SQLserver

• HerNibs

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, we see the GOP lying and accusing that the other side of doing exactly what they are doing.

While spreading some absurd, pathetic, and altogether hilarious myth about ACORN, they're doing everything they can to game the election.

A GOP official has been arrested for switching thousands of registered Democrats to Republican without permission.

Cheers,

SQLserver

This is just proof that both sides are involved in voter fraud...

Carl Rove keeps saying that there is no proof well now there is..

But make no doubt about it ACORN is no myth.

This is just proof that both sides are involved in voter fraud...

Carl Rove keeps saying that there is no proof well now there is..

But make no doubt about it ACORN is no myth.

It's proof that one side is. Unless there have been some ACORN arrests?

It's proof that one side is. Unless there have been some ACORN arrests?

Here is a website that shows ACORNs track record for legal issues...

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/ACORN

Also here is the listed issues

Voter registration fraud allegations

MI: The Michigan Secretary of State told the press in September that Acorn had submitted "a sizeable number of duplicate and fraudulent applications."

Earlier this month, Nevada's Democratic Secretary of State Ross Miller requested a raid on Acorn's offices, following complaints of false names and fictional addresses (including the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys).[14]

PA: An ACORN employee in West Reading, PA, was sentenced to up to 23 months in prison for identity theft and tampering with records. A second ACORN worker pleaded not guilty to the same charges and is free on $10,000 bail.

CT: Officials in Connecticut are investigating ACORN after the name of a 7 year old girl was found on a registration card as a 27 year old.[15]

OH: A man at the center of a voter-registration scandal told The Post yesterday he was given cash and cigarettes by aggressive ACORN activists in exchange for registering an astonishing 72 times, in apparent violation of Ohio laws.[16]

PA: In March 2008, Philadelphia officials sought an investigation into ACORN’s voter registration program because they "were fed up with false applications gumming up the works" and "specifically accused" ACORN of turning in bad paperwork

LA: In June 2008, a Project Vote spokesman acknowledged that 35 percent of the cards turned into Louisiana officials were duplicates. One woman, for instance, had five cards turned in for her, though she didn’t complete them.

PA: On July 6, 2008, authorities in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania announced the investigation of more than 100 voter registration cards submitted by ACORN, including instances where voters say they never filled out a document.

NV: On July 7, 2008 the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported that a Clark County, Nevada official "sees rampant fraud in the 2,000 to 3,000 registrations ACORN turns in every week.".[17]

OH: A man in Reynoldsburg was indicted on two felony counts of illegal voting and false registration, after being registered by ACORN to vote in two separate counties.

WA: Three ACORN employees pleaded guilty, and four more were charged, in the worst case of voter registration fraud in Washington state history. More than 2,000 fraudulent voter registration cards were submitted by the group during a voter registration drive. The following is a portion of the complaint filed against ACORN filed by Washington State Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Hobbs on July 16, 2007:

MO: Eight ACORN employees in St. Louis were indicted on federal election fraud charges. Each of the eight faces up to five years in prison for forging signatures and submitting false information.

CO: Two ex-ACORN employees were convicted in Denver of perjury for submitting false voter registrations.

NM: Four ACORN employees submitted as many as 3,000 potentially fraudulent signatures on the group’s Albuquerque ballot initiative. A local sheriff added: “It’s safe to say the forgery was widespread.”

In a letter to ACORN, the State Board of Elections reported that 56% of the voter registration applications ACORN turned in were ineligible. Further, a full 35% were not submitted in a timely manner, as required by law. The State Board of Elections also commented on what appeared to be evidence of intentional voter fraud. "Additionally,” they wrote, “information appears to have been altered on some applications where information given by the applicant in one color ink has been scratched through and re-entered in another color ink. Any alteration of a voter registration application is a Class 5 Felony in accordance with § 24.2-1009 of the Code of Virginia."[18]

MN: During a traffic stop, police found more than 300 voter registration cards in the trunk of a former ACORN employee, who had violated a legal requirements that registration cards be submitted to the Secretary of State within 10 days of being filled out and signed.[19]

OH: A grand jury indicted a Columbus ACORN worker for submitting a false signature and false voter registration form. In Franklin County, two ACORN workers submitted what the director of the board of election supervisors called “blatantly false” forms. In Cuyahoga County, ACORN and its affiliate Project Vote submitted registration cards that had the highest rate of errors for any voter registration group.

NM: An ACORN employee registered a 13-year-old boy to vote. Citing this and other examples, New Mexico State Representative Joe Thompson stated that ACORN was “manufacturing voters” throughout New Mexico.

CO: An ACORN employee admitted to forging signatures and registering three of her friends to vote 40 times.

Before 2004

The history of voter registration problems by ACORN and Project Vote extends back further than 2004. In 2003 ACORN submitted 5379 voter registration cards in St. Louis and only 2013 appeared to be valid. At least 1000 of these were believed to have been attempts to register voter illegally. In 1998 a Project Vote contractor in Arkansas apparently falsified 400 voter registration cards and was arrested[20].

Denial about ignoring laws

From Employment Policies Institute, Rotten ACORN: America's Bad Seed, July 2006:

The frequency with which ACORN employees are caught turning in fraudulent or erroneous documents indicates the group cares less about obeying laws than pushing its political agenda. When it is periodically forced to answer allegations of fraud, ACORN downplays the harm of its crimes or shifts blame to supposedly rogue employees, whom the organization then fires.

Voter registration fraud allegations

Voter Registration Fraud has no effect on the election. If you make up a name and put it on a list, nothing will happen.

Voter Registration Fraud is NOT equal to Voter Fraud.

Ughh. Perhaps I'll have to start a thread on this.

Edit: I'll stick with the large lettering, maybe someone will read.

Edit: I'll make a new thread for the ACORN stuff.

Edited by sqlserver

Nice list.

Have you researched any of them? The first one I looked, the 2008 PA one, was actually a case of an employee stealing money from Acorn and nothing to do with voter registration.

Other than that - I see no arrests for 2008. I'd imagine that they'll be raided shortly, however, given the pending election.

Personally - I think voter recruitment drives are a bad thing. If people want to vote, then they'll do it without incentive, otherwise, the odds are that they'll just register and not turn up to vote anyway.

Personally - I think voter recruitment drives are a bad thing. If people want to vote, then they'll do it without incentive, otherwise, the odds are that they'll just register and not turn up to vote anyway.

You have to see the history of voter registration drives, in the 50s and 60s they had a legit reason in Alabama, Mississippi and similar (then) backward places. The problem with some people is they pretend to be progressive while really being conservative, proven by the fact that they keep on doing the same that worked once over and over again.

Voter Registration Fraud has no effect on the election. If you make up a name and put it on a list, nothing will happen.

Ughh. Perhaps I'll have to start a thread on this.

Edit: I'll stick with the large lettering, maybe someone will read.

Edit: I'll make a new thread for the ACORN stuff.

In most states you just have to show up with a voter ID to vote, it is the law now. They cannot make you prove who you are.

You can mail in your ballot without any picture ID.

Not all these people are paid a commission to register voters; HOWEVER, a few thousand fake registrations with mail in ballots can make whoever supports win an important election.

That's like saying someone doesn't have AIDS, they only have HIV.

You have to see the history of voter registration drives, in the 50s and 60s they had a legit reason in Alabama, Mississippi and similar (then) backward places. The problem with some people is they pretend to be progressive while really being conservative, proven by the fact that they keep on doing the same that worked once over and over again.

How did you come up with the statement they pretend to be progressive while really being conservative?

How did you come up with the statement they pretend to be progressive while really being conservative?

Definition:

Conservatism a term used to describe political philosophies that favour tradition, where tradition refers to various religious, cultural, or nationally defined beliefs and customs. It is difficult to define the term precisely because different cultures have different established values and, in consequence, conservatives in different cultures have differing goals. (Some conservatives seek to preserve the status quo or to reform society slowly, while others seek to return to the values of an earlier time, the status quo ante).

any other questions?

The problem with some people is they pretend to be progressive while really being conservative, proven by the fact that they keep on doing the same that worked once over and over again.

Heh!

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 40, you have no brain."

- attributed to Sir Winston Churchill.

Nice list.

Have you researched any of them? The first one I looked, the 2008 PA one, was actually a case of an employee stealing money from Acorn and nothing to do with voter registration.

Other than that - I see no arrests for 2008. I'd imagine that they'll be raided shortly, however, given the pending election.

I did not research the 08 PA one. But will do so.

Didn't know the discussion was how many have been arrested in 08. ACORN has had employees arrested last year.

My point was that both sides are just as dirty and guilty and if someone defended the GOP side I'd be looking for the true record on that also.

And the federal gov raids on the Nevada office happened on Oct 7th.

Voter registration served its purpose at one point in history but for the most part like most things it's become another parasite that feeds off the government and has no real guidance. As it appears from the news stories. We have enough corruption and allegations without paying for this nonsense.

Heh!

"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 40, you have no brain."

- attributed to Sir Winston Churchill.

But remember that Churchill may had a strong will and saved Britain from the Nazis ... but was also famous for hanging his flag as the wind blew in his benefit ... so in that context that quote is not surprising nor remarkable ... it is a justification for going from party to party depending where he could reap the biggest favor.

ACORN has had employees arrested last year.

I dare you to show me an ACORN employee arrested for voter fraud.

Definition:

Conservatism a term used to describe political philosophies that favour tradition, where tradition refers to various religious, cultural, or nationally defined beliefs and customs. It is difficult to define the term precisely because different cultures have different established values and, in consequence, conservatives in different cultures have differing goals. (Some conservatives seek to preserve the status quo or to reform society slowly, while others seek to return to the values of an earlier time, the status quo ante).

any other questions?

I comprehend the definition of conservatism. The definition wasn’t being called into it.

I guess I was trying to find out were you get that belief from that you stated.

Because from I’ve seen first hand in the case of voter registration in the US in the last 20 years. I think you'll find about the only conservative groups involved to any extent are centered around religious groups.

The groups in the news and in question are driven by party politics.

I comprehend the definition of conservatism. The definition wasn’t being called into it.

I guess I was trying to find out were you get that belief from that you stated.

Because from I’ve seen first hand in the case of voter registration in the US in the last 20 years. I think you'll find about the only conservative groups involved to any extent are centered around religious groups.

The groups in the news and in question are driven by party politics.

They are conservative in keeping to a tradition that has probably outlived itself...why is that so difficult to understand?

I dare you to show me an ACORN employee arrested for voter fraud.

Nobody yet has proven nor is there proof that I’m aware of that ACORN employees have committed Voter Fraud.

What they have been arrested for is Voter Registration Fraud and your foolish if you believe that someone isn't committing Voter Fraud with all of those Registration Frauds.

Why is it so believable that according to so many people accused the GOP of Voter Fraud and had even less proof than there is on ACORN. The sad facts is that we the people are paying these groups to commit the fraud then paying to investigate the fraud, and then paying to prosecute the fraud. By both political party’s and there action groups.

Which if someone commits voter fraud with the help of ACORN signing them up 20 times that opens the door for ACORN employees to be prosecuted for Voter Fraud.

And that is how Voter Registration Fraud gets tied to Voter Fraud.

This is getting scary, not just this alone, but with all of the other things going on with peoples abuse of our voting rights. I think I'm going to not only have my license, but also a letter addressed to me with my home address, my state ID..what else should I bring? My birth certificate to prove I am American born and maybe my Executive member Costco card, so they don't think I'm a poor democrat. :P Ok, I'm kidding on that last part, but wow, this is getting ridiculous! Isn't it enough that we are required to trust the electors to vote for the winning party and now we have people stealing our right to vote the way we wish.

They are conservative in keeping to a tradition that has probably outlived itself...why is that so difficult to understand?

Because these groups are not doing because of tradition they are doing for personal greed, to gain power, to further their ideology, to unfairly advance their agenda.

All of which has nothing to do with what’s best for the people or holds true to tradition. Tradition is based on honor and remembrance to something that good.

Tradition is based on honor and remembrance to something that good.

Mostly it is just as backwards as doing "voter registration drives" after they outlived themselves.

What I'm trying to prove here:

Republicans commit massive voter fraud, and when asked, no Conservatives can actually point towards ACORN/liberal voter fraud committed in 2008.

Half the time they don't even know what they are talking about...

Edited by sqlserver

In most states you just have to show up with a voter ID to vote, it is the law now. They cannot make you prove who you are.

You can mail in your ballot without any picture ID.

Not all these people are paid a commission to register voters; HOWEVER, a few thousand fake registrations with mail in ballots can make whoever supports win an important election.

This is something of a misconception. Yes, you can show up and state that you have a right to vote and that you are in the correct polling place. This doesn't mean that your vote is counted. If you know that you don't have a right to vote you have just attempted voter fraud.

You will have to tell me exactly which state you are talking about but most states have provisional ballots or something similar. This is one of the brilliant rules in HAVA. You get to fill out a ballot but you also have to complete either a form or an envelope that gives the necessary information. If the information can be verified and you meet all of your states requirements then yes, your vote counts. That is why the certified election results are not given election night. Look it up, the results of election night change by the time the election is certified.

This is what Ohio is doing. Sucks for the election staff but casting that vote and counting that vote are two different things.

Mail in ballots go through an equally strict accounting before being counted.

Having an election employee change registrations IS dangerous. If you have some one who has access to the data base and they change party registrations that CAN change an election. Especially with electronic machines. Many offer the "vote party" option.

HN

HN

Republicans commit massive voter fraud, and when asked, no Conservatives can actually point towards ACORN/liberal voter fraud committed in 2008.

To be fair, Sql - All he's been charged with so far is registering to vote at an old address, which he claims is his parent's house. That's not exactly my definition of massive voter fraud.

Without trying to be a jerk you do realize you’re the only one who is talking specifically about 2008. I listed below your original post.

Be more specific next time if that’s your intention before claiming people half the time don't know what they're talking about.

And you are correct there have been no arrests as of yet for any ACORN past or present employees in 2008.

But that also doesn't mean what’s being reported about their employees actions aren't criminal in nature.

I’d say read the news that’s been posted on here but you just take it as a smear and not what’s been reported. I have no problem admitting being wrong. But I really don’t believe I’m wrong when I say both party’s are guilty of these issues.

Cheers,

SQLserver