Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i have weird power what do i do with it

mr.5

it seems like i can take a way other peoples pain and sickness.I was with my gf and she said she wasn't feeling good she had a bad head ache as i gave here a hug all the suden my head started hurting we whent and sat down and she said that her head ache whent away i thought maybe it was just funny timing but then like a week later one of my friends fell and land on his arm so i whent to help him and as soon as i grabed his hand to help him up my arm started hurting but this time i guess i didn't take all of his pain away but a good bit cause he was good after. i need help do i have some weird power or is it just good timing and if it is a power what do i do with it?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinieblas

• Mattshark

• mr.5

• Meiliken

Where do these people keep coming from?

Oh, right, gradeschool...

Well something like that would be a gift i think, because you could take pain away from those you care about. Do you have any kind of control over it or is it just random?

Very Strange...

I would like to know more about it...

Reminds me of Sai Baba of India...

it seems like i can take a way other peoples pain and sickness.I was with my gf and she said she wasn't feeling good she had a bad head ache as i gave here a hug all the suden my head started hurting we whent and sat down and she said that her head ache whent away i thought maybe it was just funny timing but then like a week later one of my friends fell and land on his arm so i whent to help him and as soon as i grabed his hand to help him up my arm started hurting but this time i guess i didn't take all of his pain away but a good bit cause he was good after. i need help do i have some weird power or is it just good timing and if it is a power what do i do with it?

Check out info on REIKI. That's like healing with hands (or energy or whatever) Good luck :)

Take away people's sickness? A girl with a headache and a guy with a sore arm? Hardly curing cancer is it? Go to a hospital. Go into a ward, and touch someone who's really ill. That should be enough to convince you that there is no such thing as healing powers.

It's a form of empathy... first you feel other emotions and feelings in a very general way... then individuals... again in a general, round a bout way... then it becomes more specific... you start knowing when loved ones are crying or upset, (you already have a psycological/biological link with them so it helps, thats why you normally start out with loved ones) then you can actually attach your feelings with anothers... and then transfers occur... I've personally not known "sickness" to be transferable... but pain... sure.

I've done it myself... once by accident, but now my wife sees me as a packet of neurofen lol...

Its not the first ability i've been able to get a grip of.

Don't listen to sceptics... to prove i'm not blagging you off or anything... did it feel like someone was "pouring" the pain into your head like it was a liquid? it wasn't unbearable, just unpleasant. at the end you had the headache and she didn't?... its all just energy... thats what happens when you tap into the frequency.

I see the op is 14 years old. Figures.

go here, prove it and become a millionaire:

http://skepdic.com/randi.html

" What is proof but proof to one person" As long as he believes it someone else saying it isn't cannot just prove it isn't. If this was true we would be stood around saying yes no yes no yes no for the rest of time.

RAM

Well something like that would be a gift i think, because you could take pain away from those you care about. Do you have any kind of control over it or is it just random?

it happens all the time i can't control it at all if theres a sick preson and i bump in to them then i feel like crap its weird

It's a form of empathy... first you feel other emotions and feelings in a very general way... then individuals... again in a general, round a bout way... then it becomes more specific... you start knowing when loved ones are crying or upset, (you already have a psycological/biological link with them so it helps, thats why you normally start out with loved ones) then you can actually attach your feelings with anothers... and then transfers occur... I've personally not known "sickness" to be transferable... but pain... sure.

I've done it myself... once by accident, but now my wife sees me as a packet of neurofen lol...

Don't listen to sceptics... to prove i'm not blagging you off or anything... did it feel like someone was "pouring" the pain into your head like it was a liquid? it wasn't unbearable, just unpleasant. at the end you had the headache and she didn't?... its all just energy... thats what happens when you tap into the frequency.

its not that i mind it its just hard to deal with all the time

it happens all the time i can't control it at all if theres a sick preson and i bump in to them then i feel like crap its weird

I thought the same thing at first. But it would sure suck if you couldn't control it or at least block it. I still have issues, but not like I used to now I can feel them and be absorbed in them, but I can take myself 'out' and feel just fine..you need to learn some basic blocking, shielding, grounding ect.

I thought the same thing at first. But it would sure suck if you couldn't control it or at least block it. I still have issues, but not like I used to now I can feel them and be absorbed in them, but I can take myself 'out' and feel just fine..you need to learn some basic blocking, shielding, grounding ect.

My view is a little different. I suggest the intent of harmonizing. That energy has less fear based roots and is more direct towards a persons masterful human expression.

I did want to point out one thing to the OP that I thought would be useful. The word "power" is not best when describing an energy that overwealms. Power comes from self. What you describe is sensing energy and your attunement with it. You have not yet even conceptualized the event. The word "power" also implies that you are in some way more valuable than others. You would do yourself a great service by viewing others as equally influential and precious. Their value and skills may not be the sames as yours, however their influence actually is. A little humility will bring you an awareness about the true "power" in every human expression and that knowledge will serve you better.

John

I did want to point out one thing to the OP that I thought would be useful. The word "power" is not best when describing an energy that overwealms. Power comes from self. What you describe is sensing energy and your attunement with it. You have not yet even conceptualized the event. The word "power" also implies that you are in some way more valuable than others. You would do yourself a great service by viewing others as equally influential and precious. Their value and skills may not be the sames as yours, however their influence actually is. A little humility will bring you an awareness about the true "power" in every human expression and that knowledge will serve you better.

I realize I have been insensitive with this remark. You clearly stated that you were looking for expanded understanding and my comments were not encouraging. I aplogiize for that.

The ability that you have to assimilate the pain in another is one of the most challanging experiences that any of us have to deal with. I would encourage you to have confidence that it will evolve your compassion for self and others. This itself has healing properties that will not drain your energies. Compassion is a gift of awareness.

I do encourage self reflection. Talk with yourself about the particular circumstances you encounter. I think that this will help you a lot.

John

Aw, John. I liked your post. To speak of oneself having a "power" is simply to invite off-topic k-skeptical reaction, based on the obvious similarity to comic book and video game lingo. So it was good, useful, and plainly well-intended of you to provide the feedback.

Besides, why shouldn't a 14 year-old think of himself or herself as "special?" It sounds like a well-placed step in the journey to me.

My two cents worth on-topic is that there are two things going on. One is the reaction of the sufferer to the social connection with the healer. I think that that activates the sufferer's own resources to deal with the injury.

The other is the reaction of the healer. I don't think that anything "passes between" healer and sufferer. The healer's reaction, however, may be the stirrings of that compassion you speak of.

I can't see either side of the transaction, the activation of self-healing nor the stirrings of compassion, as a bad thing. But as Krishna advised Arjuna, don't overestimate your own causal role in what happens around you.

Edited by eight bits

Hi mr5.

What you have is an empathic power, I find it interesting that you can take away the pain - a lot of people just feel it. I often feel pain on the opposite side of my body to where people are feeling it - often they report a decrease in pain or something but not completely getting rid of it. Can I ask what you do to get rid of any pain you have absorbed?

Some here have suggested you go to a hospital to see if you can actually cure people - however you may need a bit more time before you go doing things like that. Rome wasn't built in a day you know. If you want to develop your gift, do your research, ask people who are healers, even join a group or organisation where you can learn all about it. If you just go into a hospital and find you can't heal anyone - that will end your power and belief there and then.

Belief is very important both for yourself and whoever you wish to heal.

I would suggest you do your best to develop and experiment with your gift till you have some good results. Also when you do heal - do so with a pure heart and not just to prove something to some ignorant people - do it for humanity.

Wish you luck.

Please take my comments openly,

Your case is very normal. You are a "Natural Healer", i.e. you are born with dormant healing abilities.

What you need to do is to develop your abilities. I suggest you learn energy cultivation and control exercises.

A good thing to do is to start learning different healing modalities. Reiki is a good place to start with.

There are very simple ways to heal others while preventing yourself from getting the disease. Use the power of your imagination, Imagine that you are inside a ball of white light that will prevent anything that will harm you from passing. Imagine that the negative energy (pain/disease) is being sucked away through your hands and dispelled far away from you or the patient.

That was a very quick thing and if you some research on the above in the internet you will find loads of websites and articles.

It's all in your mind. Your mind can do all sorts of things even make yourself feel pain anywhere. Since you are very close to those people you help, it's probably just you imagining their pain to yourself. It will be difficult to "block" it if you can't already do it. It means that there is a medical thing going on. Since it is in the brain, it' going to probably be hard to diagnose. Probably a mind receptor/chemical thing. Talk to a guardian about it and/or go see a neurologist.

I say its just good timing.... Your friend fell and even if he had gotten up by himself without you touching him , the pain would have ebbed away by itself

Edited by (SG)Max

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry, but I'd take you a little more seriously if you didn't name yourself Peter Petrelli and then boast of empathy. You've watched a little too much Heroes. I won't say that it's not possible to do, but still, you shouldn't use tv to get inspiration for an online alias.

It's been five months, man. Let it go.

Heh, yeah, but I've only joined this month. I have to catch up. ^_^