Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

i have weird power what do i do with it

mr.5

you dont have a power.

but if its something like you claim it is, prove it at a hospital.

i know this thread is ancient though.

Amazingly lots of people makes continuously claims like this, not one has ever backed up these claims.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tinieblas

• Mattshark

• mr.5

• Meiliken

you're an empath mr.5 I also have this ability and recently had a friend with whom I was able to do this from a considerable distance...

ignore the trolls, keep 'em talking til it gets light and they'll turn to stone! ;)

Amazingly lots of people makes continuously claims like this, not one has ever backed up these claims.

hello matthew, having fun?

you dont have a power.

but if its something like you claim it is, prove it at a hospital.

i know this thread is ancient though.

what exactly is it about people innocently discussing this kind of topic, without forcing it upon you, which threatens you so, Sir? Would you, were you a homophobe, go onto gay forums just to complain about how gay people behave or think? If you don't agree with how people speak on this section of the forum then you can stay away....

or do you have other reasons...just curious :)

If you were someone that is interested in the homosexual issue and rights, etc. then you would likely hang out on a forum, and if you're a "skeptic" or anti-homosexual rights, then it is likely you would post in other people's threads to disagree, but the skeptics are kind of missing the point of this discussion, still, as the question is "I have a power, what do I do with it", not "I think I might have a power, do I?"

Take away people's sickness? A girl with a headache and a guy with a sore arm? Hardly curing cancer is it? Go to a hospital. Go into a ward, and touch someone who's <i>really</i> ill. That should be enough to convince you that there is no such thing as healing powers.

No such thing? I wouldn't call them healing 'powers' but have you ever experienced or even heard of reiki? Its one of the most incredible experiences you can ever have. And yes, it DOES work.

Edited by Legaia

let me just speak to the skeptics a bit here, seeing as they have latched onto the "special ability" and "better than thou" theme.

We are all, each and every one of us capable of doing and experiencing things which are different to what we are traditionally told is 'normal'...ALL of us, not just a special few. One day science will "prove" or formulate theories and explainations about the energy flows, potentials and parts of the human mind which are sensative to and can perceive and manipulate these energies. Psychic abilities are no more than senses, apart from the usual 5, which living in modern society has atropified or made no longer necessary as such. As each human is different, each person's senses are differently aligned. I have a friend who can smell bad smells from an amazing distance away and is never wrong. I can hear a pin drop,literally; I can even tell you what coin is dropped in another room by it's sound, I can also see pretty well in the dark and take walks through woods rarely lighting my torch. These are examples of differences in the Big Five of the human senses. There is the misquoted saying that we use only 1/3 of our brains; but, if we don't use all of it, who is to say of what it is capable? Is it possible different senses, and not magic, exist?

consider that possibility, seriously, if you might. Thank you :)

If you were someone that is interested in the homosexual issue and rights, etc. then you would likely hang out on a forum, and if you're a "skeptic" or anti-homosexual rights, then it is likely you would post in other people's threads to disagree, but the skeptics are kind of missing the point of this discussion, still, as the question is "I have a power, what do I do with it", not "I think I might have a power, do I?"

[/quote

I agree mate and apologise if my analogy was a bit off, sorry

as the question is "I have a power, what do I do with it", not "I think I might have a power, do I?"

i need help do i have some weird power or is it just good timing and if it is a power what do i do with it?

:huh:

well, even if you did have this power, you'd think you'd know what to do with it . maybe thats why I don't think this is valid? ;)

Edited by lookingfortruth

:huh:

well, even if you did have this power, you'd think you'd know what to do with it . maybe thats why I don't think this is valid? ;)

Yeah I agree, I don't really think this actual case is valid either, but this topic is definitely worth discussing..

Edited by Legaia

From time to time I still have a quick laugh at the topic title. "i have weird power what do i do with it"

Oh I dunno. Maybe for starters go to the nearest hospital and try to heal a few people? Lol this is a great facepalm worthy material.

Edited by Deceiver

hello matthew, having fun?

Just one t for me. But indifferent

To be fair, Mr5 in his initial post does pose it as a question asking IF he does have power.

Just one t for me. But indifferent

my apologies and duly noted.

To be fair, Mr5 in his initial post does pose it as a question asking IF he does have power.

to be fair, you did overdo it a shade, mate.

to be fair, you did overdo it a shade, mate.

I am very sceptical, won't deny that. The problem is that personal experience is always subjective.

No such thing? I wouldn't call them healing 'powers' but have you ever experienced or even heard of reiki? Its one of the most incredible experiences you can ever have. And yes, it DOES work.

I think reiki has more to do with the placebo effect than anything else.

The power of suggestion is powerful. :yes:

But that isn't true healing, is it? At least not by my mileage.

I think reiki has more to do with the placebo effect than anything else.

The power of suggestion is powerful. :yes:

But that isn't true healing, is it? At least not by my mileage.

Very true. No one has shown any great results for reiki outside of the comforting affects of touch.

Pay attention to yourself more & stop focusing on others. There is no question you cannot answer

well said, I couldn't have put it better myself!

Looking for affirmation is fine and understandable; I've done it but once I stopped doing that is when I started feeling more confident and better. All the answers you need are indeed within

Thanks dmc :)

Very true. No one has shown any great results for reiki outside of the comforting affects of touch.

I was very skeptical of reiki until a friend offered to help with a free session when I gave up smoking and was as tense as a coiled spring. Thing is; they shouldn't actually touch you that's the thing and I'll be honest, I was very skeptical, didn't think it'd do anything for me at all,...but when I closed my eyes and laid back and let her do whatever it was and it worked.....I don't know what she did but I felt the tension drain right out of me and leave a feeling of complete peace behind. It was the strangest but also most pleasant thing I've ever felt.

Give it a try and then see what you think, seriously.

I was very skeptical of reiki until a friend offered to help with a free session when I gave up smoking and was as tense as a coiled spring. Thing is; they shouldn't actually touch you that's the thing and I'll be honest, I was very skeptical, didn't think it'd do anything for me at all,...but when I closed my eyes and laid back and let her do whatever it was and it worked.....I don't know what she did but I felt the tension drain right out of me and leave a feeling of complete peace behind. It was the strangest but also most pleasant thing I've ever felt.

I just dont seem to gather you very well tinieblas! In one manner of speaking you are highly accepting of supposed abilities, and then in another manner of speaking you are highly skeptical... So which is it, are you picking and choosing based on what suits you best?

Edited by Moro Bumbleroot

It's your mind playing tricks on ya, as it can make you feel ill/ache etc. by itself. Like you said, just good timing. But I know this isn't what you want to hear, and will be ignoring posts like there :P.

Probably because you're expecting it to work, at least on some level.

British Reiki Association disagree with you on that one, they say contact should be made.

British Reiki Association.

Sorry I can't afford the costs of a treatment that has not shown any results in medical testing.

Edited by Mattshark

British Reiki Association disagree with you on that one, they say contact should be made.

British Reiki Association.

Sorry I can't afford the costs of a treatment that has not shown any results in medical testing.

I would say this is garbage.. My first reiki experience was with my friend, his dad, and his dad's friend who is a reiki master, and four of his own students. The reiki master (Al Hauk) has been involved in reiki for over thirty years and there was no(and is not supposed to be) any contact between their hands and your body. Thats what makes it an amazing experience because you can feel the energy without any contact, and it does work no matter how skeptical you may be going into the experience. I'm a skeptic myself with most things, take my word for it, it is amazing.

Edited by Legaia

I just dont seem to gather you very well tinieblas! In one manner of speaking you are highly accepting of supposed abilities, and then in another manner of speaking you are highly skeptical... So which is it, are you picking and choosing based on what suits you best?

no mate, I'm a troubled soul; I am a sketic who wants to believe; or at least I was....you see I have a deeply logical mind which has been increasingly met by things it cannot explain. Therefore I do doubt and try to face every experience with an open mind. It's only recently that I put my more logical side to one side and decided to believe somewhat more than I was doing. It's too long a story to go into here but believe me that I am not cherry picking, I've simply been convinced. Back then when this reiki was done on me, I was still in the process of being convinced

I would say this is garbage.. My first reiki experience was with my friend, his dad, and his dad's friend who is a reiki master, and four of his own students. The reiki master (Al Hauk) has been involved in reiki for over thirty years and there was no(and is not supposed to be) any contact between their hands and your body. Thats what makes it an amazing experience because you can feel the energy without any contact, and it does work no matter how skeptical you may be going into the experience. I'm a skeptic myself with most things, take my word for it, it is amazing.

Their the official governing body for reiki in the UK.

Psychosomatic, especially as blind tests have shown no results and the Darwin Award for the reiki master who thought he'd cured his own septicaemia.