Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

obama presidency would embolden terrorists

Captain Megaton

okay so im not going crazy by myself in a world where our government does only the most stupid thing possible. Just checking.

edit: I didn't realize JUST how PC we were.

Edited by ravergirl

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• AzTide

• questionmark

• AlexG

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so im not going crazy by myself in a world where our government does only the most stupid thing possible. Just checking.

edit: I didn't realize JUST how PC we were.

Oh, you're still going crazy. :tu:

Oh, you're still going crazy. :tu:

I know I just reread the first page of posts on this thread and my ears and eyes started bleeding.

Thanks for the link. From the source:

"The annual LPR (legal permanent resident) flow has exhibited an upward trend since World War II (see Figure 1). The annual average LPR flow quadrupled from 250,000 during the 1950s to just over one million during 2000 to 2007. Changes in immigration law associated with this increase include the elimination of country quotas controlling Eastern Hemisphere immigration, increases in annual limits for hemispheric and preference immigration and the inclusion of parents of adult U.S. citizens as numerically exempt immediate relatives. The spike in legal immigration around 1990 reflects the legalization of 2.7 million undocumented immigrants under the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986."

As someone mentioned, the quota is on the upper level, and not a minimum requirement.

Edit: "it also has this "live and work" advert in it"

Is the advert an official US government advert, or some private service?

And they are eliminating the quotas, the controls and are advertising green card lotteries all over Europe cause they are smashing down their doors... right.

As of who, all this advert in the newspaper got is the phone number of the Brussels consulate, your guess is as good as mine if it is a private organization.

Some Iraqis,like some Palestinians,use the word 'occupied' to try and hide the fact they lost the war. Iraq is not occupied. Iraq was defeated. And how can anyone claim Iraq is occupied when the President of Iraq and the Prime Minister of Iraq are Iraqis,and,the Parliament and all Iraqi Ministries are controlled by Iraqis?

Abu Abbas,a known terrorist who planned the Achille Lauro cruise ship hijacking,was found living in Baghdad after the invasion. During the Achille Lauro cruise ship hijacking dozens of Americans were taken hostage and one American was killed. Saddamm Hussein was supporting the global terror network. Saddamm Hussein was paying $25,000 to the families of those who did suicide bombings in Israel.

Agree 100%. Here's a picture of US tropps being welcomed as liberators in Iraq in April 2003:

linked-image

Bush never said Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. And did you forget President Bill Clinton ordered several strikes on Iraq? How does that fit in with your 'Iraq is all Bush's doing' theory.

Iraq is part of the Middle East. The Middle East had something to do with 9/11. Iraq is the crossroads of the Middle East. Iraq is the heartland of the Middle East. We have installed a democratic government in the heartland of those who wish ro do us harm.

Success? Yes there have been quite a few successes:

Success- invasion of Iraq

Success- destruction of Iraq's armed forces

Success- occupation of Iraq's capitol city

Success- occupation of all of Iraq

Success- removal of Iraq's government

Success- free elections

Success- capture of Saddam Hussein

Success- death of Uday and Qusay Hussein

Success- death of Al-Zarqawi

Success- capture of 50 out 55 on Iraq's 'Most Wanted' list

Success- introduction of new Iraqi currency

Success- formation of the new Iraqi Army

Success- Iraqi army operates independantly

Success- more free elections

Success- formation of new Iraqi government

Success- restoring electicity levels to pre-war conditions

Success- more free elections

Success- 2,979 Iraqi Reconstruction Projects Completed

Success- 70% drop in violence since Surge began

Supercar please do not attempt to interject truth and facts into this thread it only confuses the issues...

Yeah, actually--that's exactly how it works. I use a wide variety of informational sources so that my viewpoint will be as unbiased as possible. Fox News on the other hand is practically pure propaganda.

And NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN are not? They all are and always have been...

And NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN are not? They all are and always have been...

Any news source which doesn't tell you what you like to hear is labled 'propaganda'. (generalized 'you')

When you're sitting on the far right, everything's biased to the left.

And the exact opposite could be said of the left so what’s the point?

Oh now I have to know, which person made that connection? WWII and Iraq are WAY, WAY, WAY! Different from each other. Plus I don't talk disrespectful about the troops back then. No offense to the men and women of today but those guys back in WWII made our troops today look weak. This is in due part of how they were trained and raised back then too. Our men and women today go through and yeah they get yelled at and what not. But did they ever had a drill instructor run their heads into walls and have live rounds fired at them during training? Plus the D.I. was the biggest and baddest SOB that you would have ever met. There's just so much difference in the past and in today's military that I don't know where to begin. But yeah, Iraq and WWII have no connection what so ever unless you know something that none of us here know. Like WWIII being made up in the works?

I made the comment and if you take the time to go back and look at the posts my comparisons was in regards to the time frame that the occupation took in Germany and Japan and where we are right now with Iraq and how almost no one knows how many years it took.

The posts had nothing to do with how to compare our military forces in the 40's to today. That is like comparing General Grant’s forces to Macarthur’s troops its apples and oranges.

If you happen to be in Europe one of the most flashed Google ads on your screen will be: Work and Live in the USA courtesy of the Dept. of homeland security... you tell me what it means.

Well those ads are not for janitors, landscapers, and kitchen help we have plenty from Mexico to choose from for those positions.

My guess would be they are looking for qualified people in skilled fields such as computer programming, nursing, and actually almost any health care field.

And they are eliminating the quotas, the controls and are advertising green card lotteries all over Europe cause they are smashing down their doors... right.

As of who, all this advert in the newspaper got is the phone number of the Brussels consulate, your guess is as good as mine if it is a private organization.

I think that they are looking for specialized people. I know that there is a fairly long wait for people from China right now.

It's about as strange as there being a shortage of construction workers in California. Companies are flying people out there from Georgia on Monday and flying them back home on Friday paying per diam on top of salary.

Any news source which doesn't tell you what you like to hear is labled 'propaganda'. (generalized 'you')

No they actually determine what you hear. There has been so many stories about the United States and i've read from european newspapers and 2 weeks later it's a huge story here in the US.