Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Money = Freedom (try not to get too upset)

MasterPo

Well everyone knows that prescription medication in the US is over price by 50 100 200 the times it costes say in Canada.

Because the national health system is supposed to always take the cheapest among those with equivalent effect. Crashes the prices considerably.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AzTide

• MasterPo

• questionmark

• Incorrigible1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because the national health system is supposed to always take the cheapest among those with equivalent effect. Crashes the prices considerably.

That's called government regulation and most people know that all the leaders of industry want no regulation till their businesses are going out of business.

Capitalism is great till someone else is kicking your teeth in with it.

But the drug companies have one of the strongest lobbying groups and manipulate Washington, doctors, and advertisers to be able to drain America dry from the cost of their drugs.

But the drug companies have one of the strongest lobbying groups and manipulate Washington, doctors, and advertisers to be able to drain America dry from the cost of their drugs.

And along with the HMOs the biggest lobbyists against Universal Healthcare.

And along with the HMOs the biggest lobbyists against Universal Healthcare.

I'll be honest I've been to the VA hospitals more than I ever want to think about. And if that's the future of Universal Healthcare then let the rest of the world keep it.

If there are any US Vets on here please speak up about your encounters with VA Healthcare.

I'll be honest I've been to the VA hospitals more than I ever want to think about. And if that's the future of Universal Healthcare then let the rest of the world keep it.

If there are any US Vets on here please speak up about your encounters with VA Healthcare.

Don't get me started on how the good old US of A treats its veterans...I could go ballistic.

Don't get me started on how the good old US of A treats its veterans...I could go ballistic.

Then you can't expect any better health care for anyone else...

Then you can't expect any better health care for anyone else...

My question is just: Why does it work everywhere (even in Cuba for God's sake) but they can't get it together in the US?

My question is just: Why does it work everywhere (even in Cuba for God's sake) but they can't get it together in the US?

Have you been to Cuba?

Have you been to Cuba?

Officially? No.

Now, in my younger years I used to treat my friends to Partagas ;)

Officially? No.

Now, in my younger years I used to treat my friends to Partagas ;)

Then you know today it's a third world nation and only Michael Moore’s movie shows it as having a great medical for its citizens.

Then you know today it's a third world nation and only Michael Moore’s movie shows it as having a great medical for its citizens.

Comparing Cuba with a developed country is not very scientific, you have to compare it with countries in the same region and with about the same per capita income. Then we have Haiti and The Dominican Republic. Fact is that Cuba has a better health care system then Mexico and Guatemala, and the per capita income there is greater.

Just today. Obama said Tax cut for all making $200K or less, biden even said $150K or less.

It's a hint of what's coming once they get elected.

Comparing Cuba with a developed country is not very scientific, you have to compare it with countries in the same region and with about the same per capita income. Then we have Haiti and The Dominican Republic. Fact is that Cuba has a better health care system then Mexico and Guatemala, and the per capita income there is greater.

You started by asking this question... My question is just: Why does it work everywhere (even in Cuba for God's sake) but they can't get it together in the US?

That's why I'm comparing them because you wanted to know why it won't work. When you have nothing anything is better. Here we have a system that is great it's just a license to print money and it's bleeding the US economy as bad as the Federal Government.

You started by asking this question... My question is just: Why does it work everywhere (even in Cuba for God's sake) but they can't get it together in the US?

That's why I'm comparing them because you wanted to know why it won't work. When you have nothing anything is better. Here we have a system that is great it's just a license to print money and it's bleeding the US economy as bad as the Federal Government.

sadly true, what scares me about it is the lethargy of the people at large about that...except the occasional b^yching nothing helps.

That's a joke, right? Good one!

Well they all prefer hands down the health care systen here in the US compared to Canada.

The grass generally is always greener on the otherside, no?

Just today. Obama said Tax cut for all making $200K or less, biden even said $150K or less.

It's a hint of what's coming once they get elected.

Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one who caught that!

But then again, I am a spammer and troll. ;)

Now, who was it on this forum that said Obama and pals are coming for Mr&Mrs Middle Class whether they say it or not? I forget his name. Someone very wise but rarely heeded. Hmmm....... B)

Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one who caught that!

But then again, I am a spammer and troll. ;)

Now, who was it on this forum that said Obama and pals are coming for Mr&Mrs Middle Class whether they say it or not? I forget his name. Someone very wise but rarely heeded. Hmmm....... B)

You know what's funny everyone argued with you 2 about Obama and his tax plan and you kept telling them and they kept arguing. Ok you 2 were right...

You know what's funny everyone argued with you 2 about Obama and his tax plan and you kept telling them and they kept arguing. Ok you 2 were right...

I take no joy in having been proven correct (though I do hope next time certain others won't dismiss what I say out of hand).

My goal was to try to get people to really think about the man, his stated goals, and the current environment. When you add it all up I just didn't see how any thinking person could logically believe he would only go after the "rich" (as if that was OK too).

Then again, getting people to really think in general is an up hill battle these days anyway. :(