Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal State

Fatal

Is this show real? Or is everything just made-up/scripted?

I mean it seems real to me but I don't know.

Also, to get more of a discussion here, what is your favorite episode so far, and why?

Edited by Shadow09

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fatal

• _Only

• ROGER

• HowdyDoo

Top Posters In This Topic

I, like other fans, do believe it's real.

The haters believe it's scripted.

It's debatable really. :/ It depends on your point of view I guess.

x.x

No way it's scripted. Those people are not actors. OR writers.

It certainly can be annoying, though!

No way it's scripted. Those people are not actors. OR writers.

It certainly can be annoying, though!

Yeah, they're not actors. I mean when things happen on that show, they seem they react pretty realistically. You can just tell. They all seem pretty truthful.

And I can't wait for the one-hour special on Monday. :)

Edited by Shadow09

I am looking forward to Monday night as well. From the Promo's it looks good.

And of course the next weeks read from all the NAY Sayers will be just as entertaining!

I was really cautious about joining the band wagon for this show, but I have to say it has grown on me. I really appreciate the work they're doing. They don't just investigate, they help the people get rid of the ghosts if they can.

Doubtful that these kids are just really good actors. It seems too genuine.

I'm a TAPS fan, but this show has surprised and impressed me. Yep, I'm on the band wagon now.

I like Paranormal State, well it's growing on me, I prefer it to Most Haunted which isn't scripted but is really fake.

Ryan's "Captain's Log" seems scripted and doesn't do the show any favours, but I can look past that as a whole. The stories are great and they go to some quite diverse locations, like to look for the Mothman, as well as hauntings.

SOME of the folk who help Ryan let it down for me, it looks like they're trying not to laugh and as though they're not taking it seriously - Ryan can look like that himself sometimes.

Is this show real? Or is everything just made-up/scripted?

I mean it seems real to me but I don't know.

Also, to get more of a discussion here, what is your favorite episode so far, and why?

I like it and the people on it, I myself like their approach better than TAPS and their flipant dismissal of EVERYTHING ......so PS is my favorite... :tu:

I, like other fans, do believe it's real.

The haters believe it's scripted.

It's debatable really. :/ It depends on your point of view I guess.

x.x

I have always liked it, but many didnt, as you know LOL..TAPS> Im sick of hearing "As you know we came here, listened to your accounts of your son being scratched and beaten, we set up our equipment and used EMF, EVPS, DVR's but we couldnt find any evidence, but try not to worry, you are not in any danger, thanks for having us and get some sleep." That was paraphrased, but they are sort ummmmmmmmmmmmm plumbers..LOL..JN

I have always liked it, but many didnt, as you know LOL..TAPS> Im sick of hearing "As you know we came here, listened to your accounts of your son being scratched and beaten, we set up our equipment and used EMF, EVPS, DVR's but we couldnt find any evidence, but try not to worry, you are not in any danger, thanks for having us and get some sleep." That was paraphrased, but they are sort ummmmmmmmmmmmm plumbers..LOL..JN

Yeah. That's why I joined Ryan's board. =3

It doesn't bother me as much. :/ I'm probably too anxious on the evidence. Or I'm watching another show.

^^;;

I think the show is ok. They seem to do more problem solving than other shows.

I think my wife is in love with Ryan.

I can not stand him though, he seems way to pretentious to me....There is a big chip on his shoulder and I wanna knock it off.

Katrina on the other hand seems caring, intellegent and has a amazing smile.

I can not stand him though, he seems way to pretentious to me....There is a big chip on his shoulder and I wanna knock it off.

I like Heather on the show. She's hot. :)

I am one of the haters. The show is a scripted mess. It sucks. :td:

LOL I like Ryan and he is kinda cute, but that has nothing to do with my opinion of him or the show. Actually I see Ryan as curious, thorough, and humble. The only one I dont care for is umm I forget her name, the Wiccan? Whats her name? My son loves Katrina too.. :P

Some on this thread have bashed TAPS saying they are worse cause they don't just 'believe' what the clients tell them, and that paraphrasing was true, however your comment of them just being plumbers... well, so what? Paranormal State are just kids/students! ... Is it not possible to have two jobs where you come from??

TAPS bases their shows on trying to capture scientific evidence, where as with Paranormal State, they automatically believe every client has a demon in their house and if you actually take all the episodes into count, paranormal State, actually hardly ever have any experiences at the homes or evidence, they base it soley on client's word!

I watch Paranormal State for purely entertainment purposes, but I still enjoy watching it.

It's real. Just like most shows some is staged or coriographed for lighting, camera angles etc. But it's not scripted.

Still doesn't mean I accept everything on that show (or any other for that matter) however.

Edited by MasterPo

LOL I like Ryan and he is kinda cute, but that has nothing to do with my opinion of him or the show. Actually I see Ryan as curious, thorough, and humble. The only one I dont care for is umm I forget her name, the Wiccan? Whats her name? My son loves Katrina too.. :P

The Wiccan...I believe her name is Eilfie.

My favorite on the show is Chip. He seems like a very good psychic, and seems really genuine. He keeps it simple and to the point, not really annoying like a lot of psychics. Maybe I'm just sick of seeing shady overweight women who look like witches...

My favorite on the show is Chip. He seems like a very good psychic, and seems really genuine. He keeps it simple and to the point, not really annoying like a lot of psychics. Maybe I'm just sick of seeing shady overweight women who look like witches...

Yeah, Chip's cool. Though I think he has a pretty funny name: Chip Coffey. Maybe he likes to eat chips and drink coffey alot. :lol:

Paranormal State is usually a half hour show. With commercials, that leaves about 20 minutes of the investigation shown out of a few days of work. If my life were on this type of time table the show would be of me in the bathroom for 20 minutes and thats it. :D

Some on this thread have bashed TAPS saying they are worse cause they don't just 'believe' what the clients tell them, and that paraphrasing was true, however your comment of them just being plumbers... well, so what? Paranormal State are just kids/students! ... Is it not possible to have two jobs where you come from??

TAPS bases their shows on trying to capture scientific evidence, where as with Paranormal State, they automatically believe every client has a demon in their house and if you actually take all the episodes into count, paranormal State, actually hardly ever have any experiences at the homes or evidence, they base it soley on client's word!

I watch Paranormal State for purely entertainment purposes, but I still enjoy watching it.

No they don't. Not always. >>; There's only like five or six episodes they've done that. Counting last night's episode.

--

Last night's episode was scary. I watched some parts of it and I changed the channel when I get scared. I just didn't want to scared.

I'm going to research that "thing." It was freaky too.

I couldn't last night because of it.

Edited by MoonPrincess

I'm starting to like this show. The last few episodes have been pretty good. I'm more of a TAPS fan though. I like that they are taking a more scientific approach than a religious/spiritual one. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be scripted to me.

My favorite on the show is Chip. He seems like a very good psychic, and seems really genuine.

I agree. I saw him in a couple Psychic Kids episodes too.

meh its okay. :)

better than Most Haunted.

but im not to sure its real. dont get me wrong i enjoy the show.

but it just seems some parts are scripted.

It's all right. I'm more of a TAPS fan.

It's still better than Most Haunted.