Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most influential bands

Diebytheflyguy

Which genres have and will develop(ed) greatly?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which genres have and will develop(ed) greatly?

• Rock
    • Rap/Hip Hop
    • Grunge
    • Pop
    • Punk
    • Other

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• Jasu

• wunarmdscissor

• Stamford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to be honest with you whilst i agree they were a good band i think the smiths are massisley over-rated.

QUOTE (Stamford @ Mar 30 2004, 05:21 AM)

The band currently being played to death at my gaff are The Vines. 

Hahaha around here nobody likes the Vines... they are never on the radio and are seldomly played on Much Music or MTV (our music video shows...if you dont know what they are)

Since when has media attention automatically guaranteed quality? Look at the Spice Girls, New Kids or any of the other cack force fed to the youth of the world.

Ok Dowdy, you dont have to get all p***ed off... you had the same part in that arguement as I did, so done whine about it... you aked me to post my song, and then you get mad over it... settle down, and "BLAH BLAH BLAH," yourself "ya big baby." grin2.gifthumbsup.gif

And yes I like other genres too.... But I have to admit that Changes by Tupac is a really good song... Its probably the most influential rap song, and Tupac was the most influential rapper (NOT Eminem)

There is really no reason to taunt other members. Please refrain from starting arguments over something so childish. Also, there is no need to quote a whole post. Just quote the relevant part.

Since when has media attention automatically guaranteed quality? Look at the Spice Girls, New Kids or any of the other cack force fed to the youth of the world

Exactly thumbsup.gif

Im not saying that media attention guarantees quality, I am saying that no one wants to hear them... On the radio or TV they play to most popular songs and my statments about the vines is just that... I said:

Hahaha around here nobody likes the Vines...

See how I said nobody LIKES the Vines... Its not that im saying that media attention proves quality, im saying noboday likes them, and thats it. No where did I say that media attention proves quality... media attention is for the demand and popularity of the bands and their songs.

Music, like hairstyles, are a personal thang!!

As I stated before rolleyes.gif

See how I said nobody LIKES the Vines... Its not that im saying that media attention proves quality, im saying noboday likes them, and thats it. No where did I say that media attention proves quality... media attention is for the demand and popularity of the bands and their songs.

A little less coffee in your diet I think. whistling2.gif

Ironically, this is right out of todays headlines folks....

The 10 best rock bands ever

Enjoy!

That list wasn't that good.... Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd should be farther up, and the Ramones shouldnt even be on the list.

Can someone copy and paste 1-10 on here. The site wont load properly and I would like to see the list...

The 10 best rock bands ever

A purely subjective list of the groups that changed music forever

1. The Beatles

2. The Rolling Stones

3. U2

4. The Grateful Dead

5. Velvet Underground

6. Led Zeppelin

7. Ramones

8. Pink Floyd

9. Bob Marley and the Wailers

10. Sly and the Family Stone

Thanks Aslan...

...I think they should rename it to "The Best Rock Bands Until The Present," and although its not as catchy, its more accurate. Although most bands on the list deserve to be there, I think there are presently; better bands. All the older bands are the best until today (presently) but in the future im sure bands like The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine (just to name my picks) will be "The Best Rock Bands Until The Present," again. The title includes ever (and should never include ever) which is not true cause there will be better bands in the future...

That list wasn't that good.... Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd should be farther up, and the Ramones shouldnt even be on the list.

I agree Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin should be at the top... I havent listened to any of the Ramones songs, so I cant say anything about them on the list. I would like to know what band should replace them... Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica?

Ehh-that list is just someone elses opinion. I'll give that the #2 spot on my list of all time stupid lists - right behind the Rolling Stone "100 greatest guitarists" list.

Ehh-that list is just someone elses opinion. I'll give that the #2 spot on my list of all time stupid lists - right behind the Rolling Stone "100 greatest guitarists" list.

I agree with you all the way on that one, Sweetpumper.

Lets compile a mega list of our own... Anyone who wants to, put your top ten list for the greatest bands until the present and we will choose the top bands from each list for the ultra-super-mega list.

My List

1. Led Zeppelin

2. The Jimi Hendrix Experience

3. Metallica

4. Allman Brothers

5. Lynard Skynard

6. Ozzy Osbourne

7. Guns N Roses

8. AC/DC

9. Bob Marley

10. Pink Floyd

Honorable Mentions:

ZZ Top, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink 182, The Rolling Stones, The Grateful Dead, 311, and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Blink 182...

WHAT? what and what? Blink 182? Why would you call them an honourable mention and why would they be included with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, ZZ Top, The Rolling Stones...

WHAT? what and what? Blink 182? Why would you call them an honourable mention and why would they be included with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, ZZ Top, The Rolling Stones...

Well, Blink 182 have a VERY good drummer, Travis Barker. That, and have a few good songs that came out before "Enema of the State" that I like. They have some very good and funny lyrics and songs. And they were also one of the reasons why I picked up the guitar.

Well, Blink 182 have a VERY good drummer, Travis Barker...

I definatly agree with that. Their new songs dont suit him and his appearance though. I think he should find another band to match with his drumming ability cause Mark and Tom arent good enough.

Top Ten Bands:

The Beatles

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

Nirvana

AC/DC

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rage Against The Machine

Metallica

Others:

The Doors, Deep Purple, Incubus, Rush, The Rolling Stones, Areosmith, Van Halen, Jethro Tull, The Police, Bob Marley, The Eagles...

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

I think he should find another band to match with his drumming ability cause Mark and Tom arent good enough.

Finally, somebody that agrees with me.

Haha... well it is true... Blink 182 and their sub-par songs are only holding him back... I mean, whats with their new songs anyways, they all slow(er) songs and as far as im concerned, suck really really bad. Back in the day they were great (2-3 years ago)

Edited by Diebytheflyguy

Haha... well it is true... Blink 182 and their sub-par songs are only holding him back... I mean, whats with their new songs anyways, they all slow(er) songs and as far as im concerned, suck really really bad. Back in the day they were great (2-3 years ago)

Yea. There are only two songs on their newest CD that could pass, and it's a shame they aren't even two minutes in length. And 2 - 3 years ago wasn't back in the day, as they were showing their "pop" side. Back in the day was 10 years ago, when they released their second CD, "Bhudda". That's right, it's their second CD. Their first, "Flyswatter", was released in 1992, and even Mark, the bassist, said it sucked. I've searched everywhere, and the only place that sells it is the internet, and I'm not one to trust the internet....

And 2 - 3 years ago wasn't back in the day, as they were showing their "pop" side. Back in the day was 10 years ago, when they released their second CD, "Bhudda". That's right, it's their second CD. Their first, "Flyswatter", was released in 1992, and even Mark, the bassist, said it sucked.

We considering the fact that when they released their first CD I was only five years old, to me 2-3 years was back in the day... I only statrted listening to Blink 182 when the Mark Tom and Travis Show CD came out...