Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most influential bands

Diebytheflyguy

Which genres have and will develop(ed) greatly?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which genres have and will develop(ed) greatly?

• Rock
    • Rap/Hip Hop
    • Grunge
    • Pop
    • Punk
    • Other

I only statrted listening to Blink 182 when the Mark Tom and Travis Show CD came out...

If that was their earliest CD that you have heard, then here are a few songs I would recommend: Reebok Commercial, Carousel, Touchdwon Boy, Toast And Bananas, and Family Reunion. Those are the songs that brought Blink 182 to fame in the first place.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diebytheflyguy

• Jasu

• wunarmdscissor

• Stamford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to be honest with you whilst i agree they were a good band i think the smiths are massisley over-rated.

No way man, I'm in my early 30's and the Smiths were a massive influence when I was younger to an awful lot of people(aaah back in those far off heady days of doing **** all at college(see students you only want our money so you can use your own for drugs and alcohol wink2.gif ))

No way man, I'm in my early 30's and the Smiths were a massive influence when I was younger to an awful lot of people

I know what you mean jimma, they were by far the most important band of the 80's in the UK. thumbsup.gif

With the likes of Risk Astley and all that other manufactured crap, they were a breath of fresh air for our generation (man, we sound old don't we).

Well, Blink 182 have a VERY good drummer, Travis Barker. And they were also one of the reasons why I picked up the guitar.

The drummer is very good, I'll admit it. But if Blink-182 is why you got into the guitar, then you need to hear more stuff, my friend:

Check out bands like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, and early Metallica. If you're up for it, you can check out bands like Dying Fetus, Cryptopsy, and even Cannibal Corpse for good rythm playing.

To go even farther, listen to how Johnny Cash played guitar.

Trust me, it'll make you forget about that other dude. thumbsup.gif

(I would mention more names, but I'm a bit hungover and can't think of any. tongue.gif )

Check out bands like Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, and early Metallica. If you're up for it, you can check out bands like Dying Fetus, Cryptopsy, and even Cannibal Corpse for good rythm playing.

Trust me, it'll make you forget about that other dude

(I would mention more names, but I'm a bit hungover and can't think of any. tongue.gif )

You don't have to tell me about Metallica9 early Metallica). Kirk Hammett is the person I play after, becuase the other guy doesn't have anything good. Well, it isn't good to me. And I really like the way Cash plays the guitar.

Trust me, it'll make you forget about that other dude

You don't have to tell me about Metallica (early Metallica). Kirk Hammett is the person I play after, becuase the other guy doesn't have anything good. Well, it isn't good to me. And I really like the way Cash plays the guitar.

Which other guy? That James Hetfield? Have you seen their TABS? That guy's an excellent rythm guitar player, dude. I mean, I haven't listened to ALL of their songs, not even a small portion, actually, James is an awesome guitar player.

Anywayz, Johnny Cash really is a guitar hero, IMO. Listen to his last album and tell me different, you know? That guy takes acoustic guitar to the next level, which is something that probably won't happen for a very long time.

On a side note, as I was listing the names of my favorite players (this list can be found up above. original.gif), I forgot to mention Zakk Wylde. I hate myself for this, you should know. Zakk Wylde, to me, is a fricken guitar God. He's an excellent acoustic player, but man he can tear it up on his tunes. Listen to 'Stoned and Drunk' if you don't believe me. He's got a good sense of melody, and he takes his songs where you least expect them to go, which is a LOT more than I can say for most of the 'musicians' out there these days.

Okay, I'm done until next post. disgust.giflaugh.gif

In my opinion the most influential band is still The Clash original.gif

user posted image

Which other guy? That James Hetfield? Have you seen their TABS? That guy's an excellent rythm guitar player, dude. I mean, I haven't listened to ALL of their songs, not even a small portion, actually, James is an awesome guitar player.

Anywayz, Johnny Cash really is a guitar hero, IMO. Listen to his last album and tell me different, you know? That guy takes acoustic guitar to the next level, which is something that probably won't happen for a very long time.

On a side note, as I was listing the names of my favorite players (this list can be found up above. original.gif), I forgot to mention Zakk Wylde. I hate myself for this, you should know. Zakk Wylde, to me, is a fricken guitar God. He's an excellent acoustic player, but man he can tear it up on his tunes. Listen to 'Stoned and Drunk' if you don't believe me. He's got a good sense of melody, and he takes his songs where you least expect them to go, which is a LOT more than I can say for most of the 'musicians' out there these days.

Okay, I'm done until next post. disgust.giflaugh.gif

Yes, I was talking about James. I really don't like the way he manages the band. And I, too, am a fan of Wylde. I use his signiture strings for my guitar becuase they are cheap, last long, and are better than ones I would have to pay twice as much for. Although I haven't heard him on acoustic, I know he is an expert in pinch harmonics, one of the hardest techniques in guitar. But he will never replace Rhodes.