Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do demons haunt particular places?

Fatal

Something I've been wondering is why do demons haunt particular places?

I mean I can understand if a regular spirit may haunt a particular house, such as if he/she died there. But when it comes to demonic hauntings, what reason is there that demons haunt that particular home or place?

Edited by Shadow09

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aanica

• pookiemonster

• Fatal

• cpjason

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience they don't haunt the same places, not the same demons anyways. Out of the 4 classic types of hauntings, demonic ones are the only ones who will regularly follow people from place to place if they move.

What happens, if you believe in the theory, is that once a place has been haunted by a demon other demons are able to use the same portal that was originally opened by the first demon. This usually happens after a home is blessed and the original demon is cast out of the home.

If the people who originally lived in a haunted place move, the original demon would leave with them and leave the gateway to hell wide open. When a house is blessed, but wasn't done properly(or wasn't powerful enough) it can also cause the gateway to stay open in a weakened state. As time passes more demons find there way in through the gateway as they slowly reopen and strengthen it.

(shrug) I dunno if all that's true, but those are the theories I have heard.

In my experience they don't haunt the same places, not the same demons anyways. Out of the 4 classic types of hauntings, demonic ones are the only ones who will regularly follow people from place to place if they move.

What happens, if you believe in the theory, is that once a place has been haunted by a demon other demons are able to use the same portal that was originally opened by the first demon. This usually happens after a home is blessed and the original demon is cast out of the home.

If the people who originally lived in a haunted place move, the original demon would leave with them and leave the gateway to hell wide open. When a house is blessed, but wasn't done properly(or wasn't powerful enough) it can also cause the gateway to stay open in a weakened state. As time passes more demons find there way in through the gateway as they slowly reopen and strengthen it.

I do believe you are right.... :)

well portals are most of the time open by Demon rituals or people messing with things they don't know what they doing and this make a portal and demons comes out and haunt they most fo the time

I believe they are attracted to homes that have a troubled atmosphere ( physical/any kind of abuse, domestic violence, extreme stress)

I believe these, if powerful enough, allow demons to rip a hole into our dimension ( or "plane" whichever you prefer).

I believe they are attracted to homes that have a troubled atmosphere ( physical/any kind of abuse, domestic violence, extreme stress)

I believe these, if powerful enough, allow demons to rip a hole into our dimension ( or "plane" whichever you prefer).

Thats a great theory but not a possibility IMO..Ive said before they lie dormant for years and even centuries and surface when the family or person is at a weakened state, but of course not ALL people, or homes. They can also attach themselves to someone who messes with things of the occult nature..JMO...JN

There's tons of factors that allow them to use a "loop-hole" into our reality

Dielving into the occult would make things worse especially if the grounds its practiced on had some kind of past demonic activity

Something I've been wondering is why do demons haunt particular places?

I mean I can understand if a regular spirit may haunt a particular house, such as if he/she died there. But when it comes to demonic hauntings, what reason is there that demons haunt that particular home or place?

Why would a bully pick on a smaller and younger kid then them?