Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters live Halloween event

cpjason

What did Bill see and where??? I didn't catch that.

Edited by Ufo Believer

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardian Angel of Fire

• Ufo Believer

• Stormcrow

• Korbus

so many commericals...

I agree

What did Bill see and where??? I didn't catch that.

I caught a Stephanie L had seen a figure in the courtyard, but i dont see their IR cams too much, i see more feed on the internet of the other cameras rather than the IR cams

out of the three locations I think it should be the castle, because it looks like it should be creepy. What does everyone else think?

Yep I realize this. Poor Amanda Tapping looks like shes wondering if what's she's doing will damage her career. Think I'll check out Ghost Adventures rerun as well.

Have a great Halloween all!

Do yourself a favor and pass that up. You can get more beef in a 1lb pack of Laura's Lean.

Seen Stephanie L. too.

out of the three locations I think it should be the castle, because it looks like it should be creepy. What does everyone else think?

I think the family on that one thousand island. but the one where the ouija was used was interesting too.

The one with the Underground Railroad bit. xD I didn't really pay attention. I just like that one because I think they'll crack more jokes about getting Steve a conductor's hat.

I've posted on there, the long hallways i keep seeing something like moving around at the end of both of them, but different times.

that one knock was kind of odd.

When they poped up the Thermal Cam for the kitchen i noticed a white hot spot on the right side of the camera.

When the voice called out "You shoouldn't be here!" there was a breif image of a Union soldier just to G's left in the wall.

There were two entities that appeared and disappeared in an instant, the Union soldier; a CPL; and a CSA soldier. The CPL was torturing the CSA soldier; that was the scream heard just after the angry voice called out.

You have no idea what TAPS would lose if it was staged, not just TAPS, but everyone else involved. If this was faked, you realize that these guys are going to owe SERIOUS explanations to the private residences they've investigated; the ones they DON'T show on the show--that have nothing to do with Ghost Hunters.

Agree, i don't think it would be staged, i mean you won't believe some things that turn up. Click my link and take a look. I mean it's bizzare, but amazing as well.

Its on for 7 hours on Scifi Channel

From 7-3AM i think

This is all in good fun, not any disrespect but I had to point it out..

7 hr event starting @ 7 would end @ 2am lol

Also does anyone know if they are going to go in the underground thing that they were in the last time they were there, the one where Grant saw the soldiers face staring back at him? But yea the technical mishaps are making me giggle as I watch the show, thats the problem with doing live shows. Happy Halloween!

Edited by irish614

I missed the "you shouldnt be here"!!!!!!!! darn.

I noticed something EXTREMELY staged. Obviously they are having a TON of technical difficulties. At one point they cut to Dave, Tango, and that girl. They weren't talking, walked back like 10 feet, and then turned around and lined. They just stood there and then like 5 seconds later they started walking forward and talking about the place. It was very obvious that they were standing like that waiting to go on but they got cut to early.

I asked Amy for an explaination. Ignored. Suprise suprise.

Edited by TIMMAH

I missed the "you shouldnt be here"!!!!!!!! darn.

I noticed something EXTREMELY staged. Obviously they are having a TON of technical difficulties. At one point they cut to Dave, Tango, and that girl. They weren't talking, walked back like 10 feet, and then turned around and lined. They just stood there and then like 5 seconds later they started walking forward and talking about the place. It was very obvious that they were standing like that waiting to go on but they got cut to early.

I asked Amy for an explaination. Ignored. Suprise suprise.

It's just to create show and make it interesting like the entire time they were walking but, we know they wouldn't be. I'm sure the tech difficulties leads caused by slight damage of the hardware, signal crosses, because that's to be expected when you are trying to transmit a such show like this from just semi's and such instead of a constant building. I'm sure they are also having signal crossing on some wiring because i noticed once that when one began to cut out, another crossed on, then faded out and back to normal.

so how is the Miz doing? getting any heat? :P

Oh he's getting a lot of questions and talking bout himself

Oh he's getting a lot of questions and talking bout himself

I hear that's his favourite subject :tu:

"And unless Barak Obama buys out the next thirty minutes of programming, we will be back." LOL i loved that!!!

This event was pretty darn good. I enjoyed it, the footage of grant getting pulled was freaky!

This event was pretty darn good. I enjoyed it, the footage of grant getting pulled was freaky!

I know, and that voice!!! OMG!!! I kept doing the panic button but none of mine got up i'm sad :(

I'm sorry, but when exactly did TAPS become infallible? I didn't get that memo.

I'm watching my dvr'd edition of Ghost Hunters Live right now because I got home late. Approximately 90 minutes in I hear "You're not supposed to be here" which sounded like it came from right behind the Sci-fi camera. And guess what? It was incredibly FAKE. I'm sorry, but it was. I have defended TAPS when I thought they deserved defending, and I've spoken out against them when I thought they've been wrong. Well that, my friends, was wrong. It was faked, not once...but twice. And I have no doubt in my mind that at that moment both Jay and Grant knew the very instant that occurred that they had to start covering it up to make it look good. Grant stuck around and tried to play it off. Jay just basically walked away blabbering about thermal sweeps.

I find it to be astounding that people on this forum seem to think these guys are infallible. That they can't be questioned. And, when they are, the lamest defenses are made. There seems to be the insinuation that TAPS wouldn't fake anything because, if they were caught, they'd owe everyone an explanation? That's ridiculous. I've got news for you...people lie and cheat. Institutions lie and cheat. Even respected people and institutions. Hell, if the government lies and cheats, why not TAPS?

It really is time to start getting over this sad infatuation and start coming to grips with the idea that your beloved TAPS is faking evidence or, at the very least, accepting stuff they wouldn't have years ago. They let just about everything pass through their filters now. Even personal experiences are evidence to them nowadays. What the hell?

Listen, I know it's a tv show, and I know that some stuff has to be done to liven up the broadcast. But faking evidence should never ever EVER be one of them. And evidence was faked tonight. I've now turned off my dvr'd edition of Ghost Hunter Live. For credibility's sake, I hope somewhere during the remainder of the broadcast they fess up that it was a practical joke of some kind. If not, what a sad and pathetic commentary on the field of paranormal research and investigation.

I am so disappointed right now. And very angry. That was such blatant fakery, and from without a doubt the most respected and looked up to team in the field. I'm trying so hard to reserve judgment until tomorrow once I get a chance to maybe watch the rest of the episode or see what news comes out of this event. But right now, I'm a little fired up.

Now, come on...I want to hear some thoughts, some opinions about this. If you're going to defend TAPS, fine. But at least make some sense. None of this "TAPS would never fake anything because they have too much to lose" garbage. And if you're going to take a shot at them, that's fine too. But make a solid point, because you'll probably take some heat. Too many people, despite claiming they are open minded, completely close their mind off to any other possibility except the one where TAPS is infallible.

And maybe that's the saddest thing of all.

I'm sorry, but when exactly did TAPS become infallible? I didn't get that memo.

I'm watching my dvr'd edition of Ghost Hunters Live right now because I got home late. Approximately 90 minutes in I hear "You're not supposed to be here" which sounded like it came from right behind the Sci-fi camera. And guess what? It was incredibly FAKE. I'm sorry, but it was. I have defended TAPS when I thought they deserved defending, and I've spoken out against them when I thought they've been wrong. Well that, my friends, was wrong. It was faked, not once...but twice. And I have no doubt in my mind that at that moment both Jay and Grant knew the very instant that occurred that they had to start covering it up to make it look good. Grant stuck around and tried to play it off. Jay just basically walked away blabbering about thermal sweeps.

I find it to be astounding that people on this forum seem to think these guys are infallible. That they can't be questioned. And, when they are, the lamest defenses are made. There seems to be the insinuation that TAPS wouldn't fake anything because, if they were caught, they'd owe everyone an explanation? That's ridiculous. I've got news for you...people lie and cheat. Institutions lie and cheat. Even respected people and institutions. Hell, if the government lies and cheats, why not TAPS?

It really is time to start getting over this sad infatuation and start coming to grips with the idea that your beloved TAPS is faking evidence or, at the very least, accepting stuff they wouldn't have years ago. They let just about everything pass through their filters now. Even personal experiences are evidence to them nowadays. What the hell?

Listen, I know it's a tv show, and I know that some stuff has to be done to liven up the broadcast. But faking evidence should never ever EVER be one of them. And evidence was faked tonight. I've now turned off my dvr'd edition of Ghost Hunter Live. For credibility's sake, I hope somewhere during the remainder of the broadcast they fess up that it was a practical joke of some kind. If not, what a sad and pathetic commentary on the field of paranormal research and investigation.

I am so disappointed right now. And very angry. That was such blatant fakery, and from without a doubt the most respected and looked up to team in the field. I'm trying so hard to reserve judgment until tomorrow once I get a chance to maybe watch the rest of the episode or see what news comes out of this event. But right now, I'm a little fired up.

Now, come on...I want to hear some thoughts, some opinions about this. If you're going to defend TAPS, fine. But at least make some sense. None of this "TAPS would never fake anything because they have too much to lose" garbage. And if you're going to take a shot at them, that's fine too. But make a solid point, because you'll probably take some heat. Too many people, despite claiming they are open minded, completely close their mind off to any other possibility except the one where TAPS is infallible.

And maybe that's the saddest thing of all.

Clearly you are infallible and all knowing. I'd like you to prove that it was fake since you apparently are so much smarter than everyone else. Maybe you should watch the whole thing and see some other events that happened that clearly were not fake and even more impressive than the voice that was caught. For example, when the back of Grant's coat was grabbed and pulled and caught on camera and thermal. Maybe you're just upset that you have never caught anything "wow worthy" on any of your investigations. I don't know, but you do not know either and you are not all mighty and all knowing so stop acting like it. Every few posts that you make I think that you're becoming a bigger narcissist and it's getting very annoying.

Clearly you are infallible and all knowing. I'd like you to prove that it was fake since you apparently are so much smarter than everyone else.

I have to agree with this. I'm sure we all have our doubts about that voice--I sure do--but playing the part of wise man won't help your chances. :/ I'll say it again, if TAPS faked something themselves, they will have LOADS of explaining to do. Not just to fans, but to the private residences they've investigated that had nothing to do with the show. They will no longer be reliable, and they will have to prove to their previous clients that what they caught for them was not staged. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but really, that's the worst thing that could happen to them. They are not about to fake crap to make an impression on fans, that's NEVER what this show was about. I've heard them talk about the people that don't like them, and many times they will repeat, "we weren't out to make an impression".

If SCIFI put it there, then they will have to explain to TAPS and the rest of us--but we know how channels what that epic number of ratings, and they won't lose as much as the team would. I think that if SciFi put it there and TAPS finds out, TAPS will have a word about it. They are NOT people to fake stuff, I'm sorry, but they are nice people. However, I would NOT put it past SciFi to stage something and not let TAPS in on it. If you want to call a fake, DON'T call it on TAPS. I've talked to people that are in contact with them, and they have nothing but very nice things to say. Not just, "oh, they found ghostssss in mah hooouse!!" but, "they were really nice to us", "they were modest and polite", "they treated us like we'd been friends for years", and other such comments that showed their humility in the face of investigation.

To say that you know TAPS to fake evidence is incredibly insulting, not just to the team, but to those that know them as well.

And on the note about the "standing in line" deal. Of course they're not going to be walking around all "WHEEE GHOSTIES!!" the whole time. Investigating is hard work, walking around the whole seven hours doesn't make it any more fun. I noticed many times they would cut to a different group that wasn't prepared when Jay and Grant's cameras went out.

Anyway.

I went to sleep about 1:30 because I'm a sissy and couldn't make it an extra thirty minutes. Anything happen at that point?

Edited by Ebonykrow

They had satellite issues all night this is something they didn't have the last few years on live events. I think it must have something to do with the location, notice Jason had a huge transmitter on his back and they were still having problems. The price you pay for live television is sometimes things don't go perfectly.

I enjoyed it thoroughly though, but fell asleep before it was over. I look forward to next Wednesday when they do the reveal. For those of you who aren't investigators you probably found it boring but I didn't. The wrap up next week will be much more to your liking, as it will be edited and chopped down to 1 hour so you can see all the good stuff without the boring.

I also overhead that overweight girl whispering to that wrestler something, so I now understand why those wrestling guys are there. I had my television up very loud because I was in the kitchen for part of it so I turned the sound so I could at least hear while I was busy in the kitchen. When I came back the volume was still up so I heard a whisper that I probably should not be able to hear. The girl I am talking about whispered that she was supposed to talk about wrestling on purpose because the wrestling show needs better ratings. Sci fi is forcing Ghost Hunters to speak about wrestling on their show because Ghost Hunters is their flagship show, so to speak. Thats why those goofy wrestlers always go on the live event...kinda lame eh?

And what the hell was up with that weird guy with a british accent wearing what I can only guess is a jockey hat for horse racing? Lol, that guy just plain annoying. I hated his attempts to help provoke and do EVP work. What an idiot, they should have not hired that guy.

I liked the contest they did for the most haunted house...some nice hauntings there for sure.

Edited by cpjason