Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters live Halloween event

cpjason

I watched it to begin with, then changed channels and watched other spooky shows. Everytime I went back to TAPS all I could see was someone with an EMF dectector saying .0. 1.5 etc and it was still boring to me. Then I switched back again and saw Grant and Jay wondering how a spirit could walk thru the door if it was "intelligent" she would know to open the door? Last time I looked there was some moron with a blonde mohawk asking a spirit to touch him, and some heavy set girl I had never seen before..Like CP said there was some man with a strange hat, I have no idea who he was or what he was doing there lol..Maybe its one of those things you have to watch from start to finish to appreciate. I enjoyed Ghost Adventures and Fact or fiction on Bio, showing paranormal videos, pics etc..Hope everyone had fun..JN

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardian Angel of Fire

• Ufo Believer

• Stormcrow

• Korbus

My take on the "YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE" voice.

Several times throughout the broadcast there were technical issues, as one would expect with a long, live broadcast. At one point I heard what seemed to be a disembodied voice of a woman. This voice sounded suspiciously like Amanda Tapping speaking to Steve. Couldn't hear all that was said but it sounded just like her. This happened again when Valentine, English dude, was talking to the viewing audience. You could hear another person speaking. It was male. Valentine actually paused for a second before continuing.

At another point Steve and Grant were in the kitchen and some guy, a tech I am assuming, stuck his head in the door. Steve and Grant told him to go away because they were investigating.

In my opinion, the voice sounded like a cranky producer whispering loudly over a wireless mike at a wandering tech that they SHOULD NOT BE HERE. Tech didn't move fast enough, producer said it again.

My two cents.

HN

Clearly you are infallible and all knowing. I'd like you to prove that it was fake since you apparently are so much smarter than everyone else. Maybe you should watch the whole thing and see some other events that happened that clearly were not fake and even more impressive than the voice that was caught. For example, when the back of Grant's coat was grabbed and pulled and caught on camera and thermal. Maybe you're just upset that you have never caught anything "wow worthy" on any of your investigations. I don't know, but you do not know either and you are not all mighty and all knowing so stop acting like it. Every few posts that you make I think that you're becoming a bigger narcissist and it's getting very annoying.

I have to agree, because three times you see the collar on jay's jacket get pulled on when he tried to walk down the hallway.

My take on the "YOU SHOULD NOT BE HERE" voice.

Several times throughout the broadcast there were technical issues, as one would expect with a long, live broadcast. At one point I heard what seemed to be a disembodied voice of a woman. This voice sounded suspiciously like Amanda Tapping speaking to Steve. Couldn't hear all that was said but it sounded just like her. This happened again when Valentine, English dude, was talking to the viewing audience. You could hear another person speaking. It was male. Valentine actually paused for a second before continuing.

At another point Steve and Grant were in the kitchen and some guy, a tech I am assuming, stuck his head in the door. Steve and Grant told him to go away because they were investigating.

In my opinion, the voice sounded like a cranky producer whispering loudly over a wireless mike at a wandering tech that they SHOULD NOT BE HERE. Tech didn't move fast enough, producer said it again.

My two cents.

HN

Well what do you expect? to be a perfect signal? they were on an island and were opperating from inside of a semi and had to bring in external power source due to the island having no electricity or near by dishes so they had to set up sperately. I dont think it was faked because where they heard that voice Jay was tugged on by the collar of his jacket.

Edited by Guardian Angel of Fire

I missed the "you shouldnt be here"!!!!!!!! darn.

I noticed something EXTREMELY staged. Obviously they are having a TON of technical difficulties. At one point they cut to Dave, Tango, and that girl. They weren't talking, walked back like 10 feet, and then turned around and lined. They just stood there and then like 5 seconds later they started walking forward and talking about the place. It was very obvious that they were standing like that waiting to go on but they got cut to early.

I asked Amy for an explaination. Ignored. Suprise suprise.

Yea I noticed that too, but keep in mind it is a production and to make sure the viewers don't miss much they may have told them to wait before starting the investigation in the "dungeons" because they just came from another location. As for the voice people heard "Your not supposed to be here" it did sound like a recording but the 2nd one sounded way different then the first. If Jay and Grant knew it was supposed to happen then why did Grant interrupt the 2nd one? I think it was a good investigation aside from the wrestling idiot, the tug on Grants shirt was awesome.

Well what do you expect? to be a perfect signal? they were on an island and were opperating from inside of a semi and had to bring in external power source due to the island having no electricity or near by dishes so they had to set up sperately. I dont think it was faked because where they heard that voice Jay was tugged on by the collar of his jacket.

Umm...I think I actually STATE that a bad signal is to be expected. Never mentioned that I expected a perfect signal. :rolleyes:

Great, you don't think it was fake. I think it was an accident.

HN

Umm...I think I actually STATE that a bad signal is to be expected. Never mentioned that I expected a perfect signal. :rolleyes:

Great, you don't think it was fake. I think it was an accident.

HN

Hey i just gave my thought and opinion, as others say, giving my "2 cents." We'll just have to wait till the reveal on whether it was fake and sounded from the tech team or not.

But also im sure one of the sound/video people would of said something or what not if it was from a walkie talkie. As someone else said if it was faked, there'd be a lot of explinations to be done, and there goes the show.

Edited by Guardian Angel of Fire

I just want to make it clear that I didn't say FAKE. It didn't come across to me as some one intentionally trying to spook anyone.

I think it was a mistake. Hence Steve's reluctant/dismissive attitude towards it.

I didn't accuse anyone of faking anything.

You asked a couple of questions that I had previously answered. Also implied that I think it was faked.

Just trying to clarify.

HN

Ok so they've posted photos in the Photo Blog, i've a few that stood out at me.

Let me know what you think.

First one

linked-image

Second one

linked-image

Third one

linked-image

The third one i'm quiet curious about...

Not sure what I am looking at. What is curious about any of them?

HN

I just want to make it clear that I didn't say FAKE. It didn't come across to me as some one intentionally trying to spook anyone.

I think it was a mistake. Hence Steve's reluctant/dismissive attitude towards it.

I didn't accuse anyone of faking anything.

You asked a couple of questions that I had previously answered. Also implied that I think it was faked.

Just trying to clarify.

HN

HerNibs, i didn't direct that at you, i was giving my opinion on the whole talk about it among everyone. If i talk about a specific person i'll say their names.

HerNibs, i didn't direct that at you, i was giving my opinion on the whole talk about it among everyone. If i talk about a specific person i'll say their names.

Ok, cool. :tu:

HN

Not sure what I am looking at. What is curious about any of them?

HN

Just look and tell me if you see nething peculiar, i mean when i looked it's just that these three stood out at me.

First one if you look at the hall, it appears like to me there's a transparent shadow there head hunched over.

Second one im' not sure if it's stuff on the wall, or free floating.

Third one you look back at the window, it looks like there's a figure in the window, and see i'm not sure if it's a reflection but the stand out is much more different than um...that guy with the gohtee (or how ever you spell it :lol:)

Just look and tell me if you see nething peculiar, i mean when i looked it's just that these three stood out at me.

First one if you look at the hall, it appears like to me there's a transparent shadow there head hunched over.

Second one im' not sure if it's stuff on the wall, or free floating.

Third one you look back at the window, it looks like there's a figure in the window, and see i'm not sure if it's a reflection but the stand out is much more different than um...that guy with the gohtee (or how ever you spell it :lol:)

Ok, thanks.

First one, looks to me like bricks that are newer that had been used to fix an old wall.

Second, same, mortar used to fix a crack or something.

Third, a reflection, probably not of the Ghost Hunter guys but of a crew member filming the GH bunch.

:)

HN

Ok, thanks.

First one, looks to me like bricks that are newer that had been used to fix an old wall.

Second, same, mortar used to fix a crack or something.

Third, a reflection, probably not of the Ghost Hunter guys but of a crew member filming the GH bunch.

:)

HN

Yeah, the third one though, the area where what looks like legs to me looks like a strange shadow, but the other stuff I dont know, maybe they'll talk about it, who knows??? To me it just gives a vibe off as different.

If you turn the sound on your TV up loud enough you'll hear a team member laughing when Grant gets his jacket pulled. I think a camera man or whatnot was pulling tricks.

The "they should not be here" quote sounds too clear, like it came from a walkie talkie. Maybe Grant and Jason weren't suppose to be in that part of the fort, at that time and the director/producer chimed in.

I saw or heard no credible evidence of any kind, and playing music with wooden spoons and utensils, or having a game of bean bag toss isn't my idea of a serious investigation.

The only redeeming feature was the presence of Amanda Tapping. That is my take on it.

If you turn the sound on your TV up loud enough you'll hear a team member laughing when Grant gets his jacket pulled. I think a camera man or whatnot was pulling tricks.

The "they should not be here" quote sounds too clear, like it came from a walkie talkie. Maybe Grant and Jason weren't suppose to be in that part of the fort, at that time and the director/producer chimed in.

I saw or heard no credible evidence of any kind, and playing music with wooden spoons and utensils, or having a game of bean bag toss isn't my idea of a serious investigation.

The only redeeming feature was the presence of Amanda Tapping. That is my take on it.

Um i'm pretty sure on the thermal you would of seen someone touch his jacket collar....They had a thermal on him when he was touched.

Yeah, the third one though, the area where what looks like legs to me looks like a strange shadow, but the other stuff I dont know, maybe they'll talk about it, who knows??? To me it just gives a vibe off as different.

Ok, not sure we are looking at the same thing. I circled what I was talking about. Is it the same thing?

Please forgive the horrendous artwork. :)

This?

HN

Ok, not sure we are looking at the same thing. I circled what I was talking about. Is it the same thing?

Please forgive the horrendous artwork. :)

This?

HN

Yes it's that general, to me that head is slightly streached and such which dosn't look normal and i'm not sure if they have some light person infront of him but, i doubt that because their digi camera is at a different angle. What i see a lot more of is the lighter area around and above it.

That second picture there was some sort of smoke coming from the right.

and playing music with wooden spoons and utensils, or having a game of bean bag toss isn't my idea of a serious investigation.

I really think you ought to go on an investigation. Eight-nine hours of sheer boredom. YOU would want to do something to spice up the night. :/ And doing things like that is not against the rules, if you can do something that may involve the spirit or grab their attention. I quite liked their idea, but the singing was a bit out there. Hon, if you went on an investigation that long, you'd be looking for something to do too. :hmm: I've played a short game of cards during one, simply because I'd been standing nonstop for four hours and wanted a nice little break for a minute. The investigation never truly stops, but there are moments when you'd rather like a minute to catch your breath. Serious investigations where you're skulking, and not trying to interact with the spirit's environment, is a waste of time. If you're not willing to show interest in other things--the history, the people, their hobbies, their pastimes, etc--your chance of contact is MUCH less.

Amanda Tapping did not need to be there. She was bored out of her wits and had no idea what to do.

Wednesday's final cut of the live show should be pretty good, simply because of the sheer number of investigators being there. There were 3x as many people as normal, and they all had mini dv etc.

It could backfire if the Fort was filled with intelligent hauntings but I believe it to be highly residual so a lot of people there can only increase what they were able to catch on video.

Ok so they've posted photos in the Photo Blog, i've a few that stood out at me.

Third one

linked-image

The third one i'm quiet curious about...

If it is someone cupping his hands to look inside there are two problems; 1) the gal would have, or at least should have seen the "peeper", or 2) he has very long legs. The officers prison cells are on the third floor if I recall correctly. :o

If it is someone cupping his hands to look inside there are two problems; 1) the gal would have, or at least should have seen the "peeper", or 2) he has very long legs. The officers prison cells are on the third floor if I recall correctly. :o

It's crazy because what it looks like to me is a Officer/Soldier, because i see sort of a sash.

We watched the program for about 3 hours. There were a few incidents which we hit the "Panic Button" for, but with more than 170,000 hits just for the PB, any individual response was impossible.

The first major event was when Amanda and the guys were in the mess hall. They asked for the woman spirit to make herself known by moving one of the flags or tapping on the tables. After all three of them had asked for a contact the bench nearest the camera, at the bottom of the screen, moved from in front of the table to the very end of the table; a 90degree move of about 4 feet! :huh: We had recorded the first few hours and watched that bench moving three times before we were able to truely realize what we saw was not fake. The group was talking when the bench moved and it made very little noise as if someone had barely lifted it off the floor to move it.

In the dungeon/tunnels we kept seeing a figure in the wall near Greg, had he turned his equipment to his left; just before the voice; he could have caught a reading. The figure seemed to move in and out of the wall as they proceeded, before it finely vanished completely.

As for the voice, it came in front of them, not behind them as someone suggested. The first time it was just in front of them; I'd say less than 4-5 feet; well within their line of view and the lights. The second time the entity had moved well into the tunnel and the voice was deffinately a distance from them, well beyond their camera and light range. As the walls are hardened brick over granite base and the floor is rock of the island itself; so unless they wanted to drill into the floor and walls, or what the heck dynamite the sight; thus destroying a National Monument; a Federal Offense that would land each and everyone of them in the federal pen for a dozen years or so? I really don't think this was a fake job.

Oh wait I know, one of the crew ia a ventriliquist!? :lol: