Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters live Halloween event

cpjason

It is a hypothetical. Of course you would get rich and famous if you actually found proof positive of the paranormal. Hypothetically which would you choose: be a multimillionaire, or find irrefutable proof of the paranormal.

Since I dont have a chance to become a multimillionaire and I am a paranormal investigator I am going to go with B. BUT money speaks I can not sit here and say that I wouldnt sell out.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guardian Angel of Fire

• Ufo Believer

• Stormcrow

• Korbus

Why is it everytime someone questions TAPS, people are considered jealous or negative? Yet you people can outright say how fake Most Haunted and PRS is. If having an open mind about a television show some people so blindly follow is wrong, then I'm wrong. If you notice he never said once TAPS faked anything he is giving a valid point on reason how and why they COULD.

Last night as I watched TAPS I was thinking of PRS, and how things look so real but we cannot always detect that. A few things opened my eyes. I felt the house is very haunted with several entities, that was obvious. First the door slam. We did not see the door at the time, and when we did it was the upper part ONLY, so it was good evidence to them, but didnt wash with me. Secondly the attic was a very scary place but they left cause there was a bee's nest..UGH..Third was the coat hanger. They kept cameras on themselves instead of the closet, so anyone could have thrown that hanger TWICE..Seems to me, one of the entities is malevolent in order to hold the clients ankles down so she could not move, and to sort of ensure she would fall down the stairs. But they tell the home owner "its nothing malicious." I loved the episode BUT just because of the house itself, and the accounts from the lady. She is terrified, I think they should have set up a date to go back asap. I am not sure TAPS is any different than PRS, or MH..THey all do the same thing, and its up to us, what we want to accept as paranormal, or entertainment..JMO..JN

I know a few paranormal teams that don't believe either. One thing I have noticed is that paranormal groups tend to not believe in the show as readily if they have been investigating for a while and heve never caught any really good stuff on camera.

You base what you believe largely on your own experiences. If you have been in the field of paranormal research and have never seen a good apparition or what have you, it's totally normal to look at TAPS especially this season and think they might be faking things.

They have had more luck this year than previous years. This does make me wonder a little, but I still have faith in them. They may just be choosing better locations this year and staying longer to get better evidence. Also consider that Brian and a few of the older members have left. The new people may make a difference as well. As an example Brian used to be the one who set up all the cameras and equipment. He doesn't do that anymore so they may be placing things in better spots due to the new tech guys intuition. Notice the new show, GHI which has Brian and the other old members of TAPS isn't getting very good evidence. Basically all they got for the first season was a few EVP Coincidence?, or are Brian and the old members of TAPS the cause for the lack of good evidence?

TAPS may have gotten rid of their worst people and as a result they are now reaping the benefits this year. Luck and intuition have a lot to do with the evidence you catch, as do the persons you have with you on a investigation. For whatever reason ghosts respond better to certain people. This may be due to their gender, or their ability to provoke or for some unknown paranormal reason. As an example I know certain people that I always want to bring on investigations because for whatever reason I just seem to get more evidence when they are around. They are natural ghost magnets and I can't figure out why.

Edited by cpjason

Personally, I see the fold in Grant's jacket collar there even before it is "tugged." And the thermal stuff...its not like we see a handprint. Instead it just shows more color. Is it possible we are just seeing more of the inside of Grant's hood? In particular, the spot closer to his body which would therefore make it warmer than the outside of the hood that hangs down?

And what about the "you're not supposed to be here" voice? Are you still true believers with that as well? Just curious.

I re-watched the 'evidence' they caught from the Halloween live show on the regular show last night. I completely agree. The 'hood tugs' were fake. Everyone grab a coat with a hood, put it on and have someone give it a little yank while filming it. Doesn't look the same. Grant's hood has a very distinct 'V' shape with the tug, like there's some kind of prop being used. A genuine hood tug moves all of the hood, not just a small 'V' shape in the center, does anyone see what I'm saying?

If I'd have had that happen to me I'd whip that coat off and be checking it for the cameras.

The voice also sounded just too fake IMO.

It's funny....if there is no evidence , no one would watch the show. Too much and people question as to things being faked. I too feel this way.

Another thing is ...when that door slammed , wasn't there a pause , then it slammed the rest of the way? Anyone notice ?

And I feel the same JN , if someone held down my ankles , sounds malicious to me and that woman was terrified. They should of suggested to her if she wanted them back or look more into that and if they couldn't help her , get someone that could.

It's funny....if there is no evidence , no one would watch the show. Too much and people question as to things being faked. I too feel this way.

Another thing is ...when that door slammed , wasn't there a pause , then it slammed the rest of the way? Anyone notice ?

And I feel the same JN , if someone held down my ankles , sounds malicious to me and that woman was terrified. They should of suggested to her if she wanted them back or look more into that and if they couldn't help her , get someone that could.

Exactly, thanks. That women was terrified and hearing their stories, and no true evidence didnt stop her problems or make her feel any safer IMO..Call in someone else, or go back a week later and check on her, and investigate agiain, or call in the next one in their chain of command. Simply cause a bang woke her while boiling corn, doesnt mean ALL the spirits in that home are friendly or helpful. As ususal shake hands, tell them its all ok, and high 5 each other and take off. I would say FINISH the job! Her home is about 2 hours from me, I would love to go out there, but I dont know that area at all..In any case, she needs further assistance IMO..JN

Since I dont have a chance to become a multimillionaire and I am a paranormal investigator I am going to go with B. BUT money speaks I can not sit here and say that I wouldnt sell out.
:tu::lol: