Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deja Vu

Coolcat3

. We have all probably experienced Deja Vu and I was wondering If there was a way to control it. If I could keep seeing into my future. Please share with me your thoughts.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• mewtwo

• SV-001

• Coolcat3

deja vu is not something you can control. its more like a wave, you can ride it and see where it takes you.

Is there a way to trigger this wave?

honestly no one really knows exactly. There are many theories on how it works.

for ex. that you astral travel to a certain future event and when you go throught it physically your memory recognizes it.

or you may have experienced a similar event in a past life.

another is that maybe you are repeating this present life again for spiritual purpose. or maybe an alteration of time or dimensions.

some believe that we all have many different counterparts of ourselves living in different dimensions but somehow we are all subconsciously connected. for example lets say in this life there is a plate infront of you with two different cookies, one chocolate chip and the other raisin.

you take the chocolate one but your counter part takes the raisin one but at that precise moment your minds somehow interact and therefore you feel as if you've done this before.

There are many other crazy sounding theories that are no less than possible.

and there are those scientific ones as well.

so to your question on how to trigger it, i'd say the only way is to wait for one.

Edited by a MillionLights

I used to get deja vu terribly often. Now, i haven't seemed to have it in a long time.

One thing with the experiences I had was that I could never see what was going to happen, I could only feel familiar with the situation happening at that current time.

It was highly frustrating because at these deja vu times, it would feel like a part of me knew what was about to happen but I just can't seem to tap into that information.

I still wonder to this day what deja vu is, it is quite baffeling. Who knows really...

Deja Vu is (as most scientists put it) where your brain skips a beat, and your self-being is a few milliseconds behind. For the 10-15 seconds this happens, you think you have seen this all before, because you have. Your senses collect information faster than your brain processes them, so it lags until you are able to get back up to speed. It's as simple as that.

Or so we think.

I'll say like Phillee.

I whant to add:

You can never tell that you have tis impression, beford it's appen!

i tinhk de javu is because we have two Eyeballs ;D and one eye happens to send the information earlier to the brain and then you tihnk it had happened before, but it really hasn't... jsut my thought. :]

. We have all probably experienced Deja Vu and I was wondering If there was a way to control it. If I could keep seeing into my future. Please share with me your thoughts.

ummm...you cant. deja vu has Nothing to do with the future.

what are you talking about?

ummm...you cant. deja vu has Nothing to do with the future.

what are you talking about?

dejavu happens when you have previously had a dream about being in a specific place, with a specific person having a specific conversation. you wake up, having forgotten all about the dream, and go on with your day. Then, when you find yourself in that spot, with that person having that conversation, the wave of dejavu comes over you and thats what it is. Dejavu is best summed up as an emotional reminder of a precognitive dream:)

keeping a dream journal would help you record and monitor your dejavu experiences, but not necessarily control it

Edited by ArchangelBaw

dejavu happens when you have previously had a dream about being in a specific place, with a specific person having a specific conversation

uhhh...says who? i guess thats your take on it.

you wake up, having forgotten all about the dream, and go on with your day. Then, when you find yourself in that spot, with that person having that conversation, the wave of dejavu comes over you and thats what it is. Dejavu is best summed up as an emotional reminder of a precognitive dream:)

nooo, its totally different that precog. deja vu's On the Spot. so its not best summed up with that.

and with your statement, everyone in the world can see into the future. conveniently its only in dreams, and not remembered.

uhhh...says who? i guess thats your take on it.

nooo, its totally different that precog. deja vu's On the Spot. so its not best summed up with that.

and with your statement, everyone in the world can see into the future. conveniently its only in dreams, and not remembered.

Good diagnosis Doctor. As long as all your opinions are fact, we can rest at ease.

Good diagnosis Doctor. As long as all your opinions are fact, we can rest at ease.

i dont claim my opinions as Fact. unlike archangelbaw.

but if you wish to believe mine are fact, thats cool with me.

(My first post in over a year)

I have written on déjà vu before.

I notice that déjà vu and alteration powers like TK are closely related.

If you experience déjà vu more frequently you are more likely to cause alterations.

I like to think that 'nirvana' is permanent déjà vu.

I have written on déjà vu before.

i dont get it...written on here? other sites? whats your point?

I notice that déjà vu and alteration powers like TK are closely related.

like telekenisis? never saw them being related at all. one is an instant feeling that youve been here/witnessed something before. one is basically the power to move objects with the mind. no connection to me.

If you experience déjà vu more frequently you are more likely to cause alterations.

doubt it. seeing as that doesnt make sense to me. as i stated above. but prove it if you can.

I like to think that 'nirvana' is permanent déjà vu.

yeah, Nirvava rules.

by the way, cant help but wonder if youre saying.believing in all of this because of your mewtwo name.

i thiiiink there may be a connection here. how old are you?

Edited by Agent. Mulder

No ad hominem please.

I have a fondness for certain characters including, but not limited to:

THX 1138

Edward Scissorhands

Frankenstein's monster

Jobe Smith

Carrie

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille

Jeremy 'Powder' Reed

and more recently:

781227 (Kyle)

781228 (Jessie)

Mewtwo

I am not exactly sure what my obsession is, I just tend to like characters who are created in conflict with the world.

-----------------------------------------

When I say they are related I do not mean that one causes the other.

I am refering to being closer to the 'source.'

When you have more OBE's and other reality-bending experiences it tends to mean that you are on the edge.

No ad hominem please.

I have a fondness for certain characters including, but not limited to:

THX 1138

Edward Scissorhands

Frankenstein's monster

Jobe Smith

Carrie

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille

Jeremy 'Powder' Reed

and more recently:

781227 (Kyle)

781228 (Jessie)

Mewtwo

I am not exactly sure what my obsession is, I just tend to like characters who are created in conflict with the world.

-----------------------------------------

When I say they are related I do not mean that one causes the other.

I am refering to being closer to the 'source.'

When you have more OBE's and other reality-bending experiences it tends to mean that you are on the edge.

.....i have no idea what you just said. but it seemed Comepletely Irrelavent to what i posted. and didnt go into detail to answer my questions. you just posted something very broad. the 'source'?

The source is the 'singularity' or whatever you want to call it.

It is my 'God.'

.........and thats what makes deja vu and TK related somehow?

Clearly.

In the same way sandy shoes and salty air are signs you are near the ocean.

It does not mean the sand in your shoes causes the air to be salty.

Clearly.

In the same way sandy shoes and salty air are signs you are near the ocean.

It does not mean the sand in your shoes causes the air to be salty.

i see..........yeah, theyre cleary not related in any way shape or form. imo. theyre two totally different things.

having an instant sense of 'ive seen this before' and moving objects with the mind are Still two different things.