Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who fancies a riddle?

thebarman

yah it was awesome

What do the poor have that the rich want and God fears?

"I'm at the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space. I begin existence. What am I?"

These riddles have been on the board a few times already. Keep'em coming anyways

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• thebarman

• Potholer

• zentient

Pour the second cup into the fifth cup, then put the second cup back.

I noticed you answered without even putting a question mark as i sign of how confident you are are.

Well Bear, i got news for you.... Your absolutely positively correct.

linked-image

Your in the draw for the $50,000 and a secluded holiday weekend with Scarlett Johansson!!!

linked-image

a man came in a bar and asked the bartender for a cup of water. The bartender stuck out a gun at the man and the man said "thanks a lot" and went out. Why did the man thank the bartender for pointing a gun at him?

a man came in a bar and asked the bartender for a cup of water. The bartender stuck out a gun at the man and the man said "thanks a lot" and went out. Why did the man thank the bartender for pointing a gun at him?

It must of been a water gun! :lol: haha

How far will a blind dog walk into a forest?

How far will a blind dog walk into a forest?

Until its master hits that first tree. :P

All the way through it but then again, it is blind so how does the dog know its in a forest.

Until its master hits that first tree. :P

All the way through it but then again, it is blind so how does the dog know its in a forest.

it half way because after half when you be going out of it

Ben's father died and left him an inheritance. His brothers Jerry and Nathan were jealous as the father only gave the inheritance to Ben. At the funeral, they plotted to kill him. He would be drinking heavily so they would poison him. Sure enough he is broken down afterward drinking like there is no tommorow. Jerry is running the bar and slips him the poison drink. Ben drinks it in one gulp. It is a fast acting poison so he should be on the floor in pain or vomiting. He asks for another which he recieves, and drinks that as well. They pour him another but he looks at his watch and leaves astonished, Jerry has a drink. He is declared dead in 15 minutes. How did Ben survive?

Hints: Ben had no immunity to the poison, and did recieve the right drinks, and the same drink as Jerry had.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by GabrielArkAngel

Ben's father died and left him an inheritance. His brothers Jerry and Nathan were jealous as the father only gave the inheritance to Ben. At the funeral, they plotted to kill him. He would be drinking heavily so they would poison him. Sure enough he is broken down afterward drinking like there is no tommorow. Jerry is running the bar and slips him the poison drink. Ben drinks it in one gulp. It is a fast acting poison so he should be on the floor in pain or vomiting. He asks for another which he recieves, and drinks that as well. They pour him another but he looks at his watch and leaves astonished, Jerry has a drink. He is declared dead in 15 minutes. How did Ben survive?

Hints: Ben had no immunity to the poison, and did recieve the right drinks, and the same drink as Jerry had.

EDIT: Spelling.

The poison was in the ice, so when Jerry had the drink there was more poison diluted in the drink. Another possibility is that Ben did die, and the siblings overestimated how fast-acting the poison was.

If a rope was wrapped taut around the earth at the equator and someone in Brazil decided to cut the rope and add 6 feet to it, how far would the entire rope be above the earth if it was pulled taut again in such a way that it was equidistant from the surface?

Hint: the earth's circumference at the equator is (for the sake of the riddle) 25,000 miles. Yes, you will need to do some math on this one... or have a copy of the most recent AP Psychology textbook :P

Edited by OilFight

If a rope was wrapped taut around the earth at the equator and someone in Brazil decided to cut the rope and add 6 feet to it, how far would the entire rope be above the earth if it was pulled taut again in such a way that it was equidistant from the surface?

You don't actually need to know the circumference of the earth to work this out. Just divide the extra 6 feet by pi. This tells us the increase in diameter of the new rope circle. We are looking for the increase in radius, so half that figure and you get an answer of slightly less than 1 foot (about 11.4 inches).

Of course, this assumes the earth's surface is flat and perfectly round, which it isn't.

You don't actually need to know the circumference of the earth to work this out. Just divide the extra 6 feet by pi. This tells us the increase in diameter of the new rope circle. We are looking for the increase in radius, so half that figure and you get an answer of slightly less than 1 foot (about 11.4 inches).

Of course, this assumes the earth's surface is flat and perfectly round, which it isn't.

Correct.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been posted before but I wasn't going to read through all 77 pages of the topic.

You are in a wood which has three types of elves. Blue elves always tell the truth. Yellow elves sometimes tell the truth. Red elves never tell the truth. You get attacked by an elf. However, you are colorblind and don't know which type of elf it was. Before leaving the elf said, "I always lie." What type of elf was it?

I'm going to say yellow, I don't see how it could be anything other; though, I haven't slept in over 24 hours so i'm probably missing something here. ^^;

I am intresred in riddles

THanks

Universal Legend

Colder than fire

Warmer than ice

When I merge with water

I cause steam to rise

Colder than fire

Warmer than ice

When I merge with water

I cause steam to rise

boiling water

i got a riddle

ok if you catch a fish with fish bait what do you catch a master with?

boiling water

i got a riddle

ok if you catch a fish with fish bait what do you catch a master with?

Well thats simple its a Masterba... hey.. just what were.. did you think.. why you little *&%&*

:lol::lol:

Well thats simple its a Masterba... hey.. just what were.. did you think.. why you little *&%&*

:lol::lol:

lol it a riddle i a deep thinker and masterba...hey.. just what were.. did you think.. why you little *&%&* is not right

Three part riddle

Part one: "Now the world is gone, I'm just ____"

Part two: "Sits next is he who is peerless, empty and cold, silent and fearless. When next to the first, we become the first greater than the greatest"

Part three: What number is formed when the two numbers stand side by side?