Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who fancies a riddle?

thebarman

Three part riddle

Part one: "Now the world is gone, I'm just ____"

Part two: "Sits next is he who is peerless, empty and cold, silent and fearless. When next to the first, we become the first greater than the greatest"

Part three: What number is formed when the two numbers stand side by side?

I think the answer is 10

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• thebarman

• Potholer

• zentient

I think the answer is 10

Correct. The first part is a lyric from Metallica's song One ("Now the world is gone, I'm just one."). The second part, "peerless", "empty" and "cold" refers to the 0. "the greatest", 9 is the greatest single digit number. 1 next to 0 makes 10

Cool!

Did you invent this riddle yourself?

Parts 1 and 3 were my own, Part 2 was inspired by a puzzle in Silent Hill 2 (the peerless/cold/empty lines, although it meant an empty space and not the number zero. the rest was my creation)

boiling water

Heck no. :P

o i get it the anwser is heck yes

:rofl:

Colder than fire

Warmer than ice

When I merge with water

I cause steam to rise

My guess to this one would be sodium.

It is highly reactive with water and sodium-water steam generators are used in nuclear power stations.

I think there are other possible answers though.

Technically, steam is an invisible gas. It is the mineral H2O in its vapour state (or phase). What we see as steam is the gas condensing as it meets colder air and returns to its liquid state (water).

"Colder than fire" is ambiguous, but, for example, a candle flame is about 750 C. Water, we know, boils at 100 C, but evaporates at temperatures much lower than this.

Therefore, many things added to water will cause steam, but be colder than fire (and warmer than ice).

Sorry, I'm being very scientific here, and I'm sure the answer you're looking for is more poetic or lateral!

My guess to this one would be sodium.

It is highly reactive with water and sodium-water steam generators are used in nuclear power stations.

I think there are other possible answers though.

Technically, steam is an invisible gas. It is the mineral H2O in its vapour state (or phase). What we see as steam is the gas condensing as it meets colder air and returns to its liquid state (water).

"Colder than fire" is ambiguous, but, for example, a candle flame is about 750 C. Water, we know, boils at 100 C, but evaporates at temperatures much lower than this.

Therefore, many things added to water will cause steam, but be colder than fire (and warmer than ice).

Sorry, I'm being very scientific here, and I'm sure the answer you're looking for is more poetic or lateral!

That's actually the answer, or, to put it exactly, the answer was "the boiling point of water," so that it would fit all pressures. It's the most incredibly obvious thing, and technically the only thing that will always fit. :lol:

Sodium and other substances technically don't work, since you could heat them up or cool them down to any temperature, so they don't always fit the criteria. And I tend to look for something scientific. I'm actually surprised you got it, most people tend to overlook it completely in favor of the poetic answers. :rofl:

What can run but never walks,

has a mouth but never talks,

has a head but never weeps,

has a bed but never sleeps?

What can run but never walks, a guy that runs but will not walk

has a mouth but never talks, mute people

has a head but never weeps, chuck norris

has a bed but never sleeps? chuck norris

a man came in a bar and asked the bartender for a cup of water. The bartender stuck out a gun at the man and the man said "thanks a lot" and went out. Why did the man thank the bartender for pointing a gun at him?

He had the hiccups?

This is more of a musician's riddle, but anyway:

I do what they do, yet not how they do it

I'm played how they're played, yet don't play what they play

Our sound is called the same, yet we don't sound the same

I can exist beyond the box, while they're forever trapped inside the box yet -

They can be infinitely expanded while I cannot

We're both electronic

We're both a musical instrument

We're both unique and simultaneously cliched

What am I?

Edit: Left out a line

Edited by theSOURCE

What can run but never walks,

has a mouth but never talks,

has a head but never weeps,

has a bed but never sleeps?

Felipe Calderón?

Yes!

Not the hardest riddle in the world, but I like it because it's a nice rhyme.

here a hard one if super man and the flash race to the moon who get there first

Well, I don't really understand the riddle exactly, or maybe I am missing something? Both superman and the flash are fictional characters, both equipped with powers that defy the laws of physics, and both known for having exceptional speed. My guess would be the flash though, if I had to choose.... I mean, he could be there "in a flash".

Well, I don't really understand the riddle exactly, or maybe I am missing something? Both superman and the flash are fictional characters, both equipped with powers that defy the laws of physics, and both known for having exceptional speed. My guess would be the flash though, if I had to choose.... I mean, he could be there "in a flash".

nope

Ok well, in the comics, Superman and the Flash had many races, and there was more than one Flash. From what I remember most races were a draw, but the Flash actually won a couple of times, so I stand by my original answer, or else it was another draw.

However it has just occurred to me that the answer could be........ Chuck Norris.......?

I have all the information you will ever need.

I would tell you it but i have to be quite.

What Am I?

I have all the information you will ever need.

I would tell you it but i have to be quite.

What Am I?

Errmmm.... a library (or librarian)? You have to be quiet in a library and they have lots of info..........

Errmmm.... a library (or librarian)? You have to be quiet in a library and they have lots of info..........

Correct.

I built a house with four walls. I look out one of the windows and see a pitch white bear. Where did I build my house?