Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who fancies a riddle?

thebarman

Push the cork in the bottle and shake out the coin?

right on both potholer & thebarman thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

thebarman, I' still thinking....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• thebarman

• Potholer

• zentient

QUOTE (Potholer @ Apr 16 2004, 05:16 AM)

Here's another

My first is in fish and also in chips, my second is in mouth but not in lips, my third is in ache but not in pain, my fourth is my third all over again, my fifth is in pupil, but not in class, my whole is a beast that feeds on grass

Fairly easy but there you go

A: Sheep

Spot on barman!

QUOTE (Potholer @ Apr 16 2004, 05:50 AM)

What keys can't you put in a lock? 

A: The keys on a piano

And again, well done barman thumbsup.gif

Still working on your one...

thebarman, I' still thinking....

Still working on your one...

Think outside the box tongue.gif

Seeing as i dont know the answer to the previous riddle, i thought i would post one of my own instead....

Two men appeared in court to be tried for murder. The jury decision found one man guilty and the second man innocent. The judge turned to the guilty man and said, "Even though your guilt has been established, the law compels me to set you free."

Why did the judge have to set the murderer free?

Seeing as i dont know the answer to the previous riddle, i thought i would post one of my own instead....

Two men appeared in court to be tried for murder. The jury decision found one man guilty and the second man innocent. The judge turned to the guilty man and said, "Even though your guilt has been established, the law compels me to set you free."

They were probably Siamese twins, although why one Siamese twin would let the other commit murder is beyone me huh.gif

Yours isn't history related is it barman?

Edited by Potholer

They were probably Siamese twins, although why one Siamese twin would let the other commit murder is beyone me huh.gif

Doh i'll have to think of a more difficult one!!! But i agree with u barman, the man who was found innocent surely shud have been charged with aiding and abetting or whatever it would be called?!!!!

Well done tho laugh.gifthumbsup.gif

Oh well, i best get back to work *sigh* at least it's Friday!!! grin2.gif

Yours isn't history related is it barman?

It's a riddle, so no it's not related to any "historic event" whatsoever, and if that's not a huge clue I don't know what is

Right, I think that's all the outstanding one's on the board done, but no one even bothered to guess at mine so here it is again...

It happened towards the end of the 19th century,

Again around the middle of the 20th century

But wont happen again for over 4000 years.

What happened?

ps: In the interests of making it a bit harder, try altering the wording of your riddle slightly so you can't simply plug it into 'Google' and get the answer thumbsup.gif

1961 reads the same upside down too

+ 4000yrs [or so] 5965

original.gifgrin2.giftongue.gif

Right, I think that's all the outstanding one's on the board done, but no one even bothered to guess at mine so here it is again...

It happened towards the end of the 19th century,

Again around the middle of the 20th century

But wont happen again for over 4000 years.

What happened?

ps: In the interests of making it a bit harder, try altering the wording of your riddle slightly so you can't simply plug it into 'Google' and get the answer  thumbsup.gif

1961 reads the same upside down too

+ 4000yrs [or so] 5965

original.gifgrin2.giftongue.gif

Correct thumbsup.gif

I wasn't counting '5' as a number that can be flipped upside down, the next after 1961 I counted as 6009, the time before 1961 was of course 1881

Well done Dot9M wink2.gif

What are the next two letters in this series: A E F H I K L M ?

So um do you guys give up? tongue.gif

I give up! sad.gif

I don't give up, the next two letters are N and T, as these are the next letters that have no curves in them.

I don't give up, the next two letters are N and T, as these are the next letters that have no curves in them.

good one ...if it's right tongue.gif

Dot9M

OK, I hope nobody's done this one yet, if they have then just ignore me tongue.gif

A man lives alone in a house. One day he goes crazy, runs out of the house and imediately dies. As a direct result of him leaving his house 147 men women and children die. Why?

OK, I hope nobody's done this one yet, if they have then just ignore me  tongue.gif

A man lives alone in a house. One day he goes crazy, runs out of the house and imediately dies. As a direct result of him leaving his house 147 men women and children die. Why?

he ate a stink bomb, which exploded when he came into contact with sunlight and the 147 people were coming over for a tea party and died of the smell??

Ok ok i dunno, but i have a good imagination right? lol

OK, I hope nobody's done this one yet, if they have then just ignore me  tongue.gif

he ate a stink bomb, which exploded when he came into contact with sunlight and the 147 people were coming over for a tea party and died of the smell??

Ok ok i dunno, but i have a good imagination right? lol

Surprisingly, not the right answer, but you did make a funny picture in my head clap.gifnotworthy.gifclap.gifnotworthy.gifclap.gif lol

Since snowbaby wasn't right [very good answer snowbaby, I might add] I got to thinking...

The house is a houseboat at Niagara Falls.

He runs off the boat & drowns [wasn’t wearing a life jacket- couldn’t swim].

The 147 people are his guests/ passengers, none of whom know how to steer the houseboat.

The boat goes over the Falls & all come to a dramatic end at the bottom of the Falls.

Dot9M grin2.gif

Since snowbaby wasn't right [very good answer snowbaby, I might add] I got to thinking...

The house is a houseboat at Niagara Falls.

He runs off the boat & drowns [wasn’t wearing a life jacket- couldn’t swim].

The 147 people are his guests/ passengers, none of whom know how to steer the houseboat.

The boat goes over the Falls & all come to a dramatic end at the bottom of the Falls.

Another good answer thumbsup.gif ... but also wrong. His house is static.

Keep trying original.gif

He lives in a dome on the moon. He runs out the door and the lack of atmosphere kills him. He leaves the door open and lets all the (warm) air out and everyone in the dome dies.

OR

...ok, I can't think of a more plausible one...

I've got it!

The man is the lighthouse keeper. [lives alone in the light house]

He goes insane runs out of the lighthouse, straight off the cliff and dies.

Since there is no one to guide the ships, a boat carrying 147 men women and children crashes into the rocks, leaving no survivors. grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

Dot9M

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

I think you might have it Dot9M

Here's one that I thought was very nifty because I got it from a fantasy book I'm reading at the moment -

I own no great hall

But I do have a bed;

I travel to and fro

But I never leave home.

I whisper and roar

Yet I have no mouth

My bounty is endless

And so is my wrath

Silver streams through me

And azure above

I let you rest on my skin

And death lies within

Who am I?

I've got it!

The man is the lighthouse keeper. [lives alone in the light house]

He goes insane runs out of the lighthouse, straight off the cliff and dies.

Since there is no one to guide the ships, a boat carrying 147 men women and children crashes into the rocks, leaving no survivors. grin2.gifgrin2.gifgrin2.gif

Dot9M

yup, thats it exactly. Well done thumbsup.gif

Here's one that I thought was very nifty because I got it from a fantasy book I'm reading at the moment -

I own no great hall

But I do have a bed;

I travel to and fro

But I never leave home.

I whisper and roar

Yet I have no mouth

My bounty is endless

And so is my wrath

Silver streams through me

And azure above

I let you rest on my skin

And death lies within

Who am I?

Hey Pothler, I'm working on yours...my first thought was Earth, but I don't think it's right.

Try mine:

"I see a wagon with one wheel, the wheel turns with no horse to pull it

but the wagon never moves.

Housewives revere it and make offerings of corn.

How can this be ?"

Dot9M original.gif

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons