Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Questionable Relationship For Obama

Sho_Sho

So let me get this right.

A guy who apparently has all the hallmarks of a good diplomat; intelligent, excellent orator, good appeal across a range of views, tactful, not bigoted etc is apparently unfit to be the President of the US because he exhibits those traits? Because he is diplomatic and can work with people with whom he might not agree on all their philosophies? (Not that this latest attempt at a smear shows any sort of unpleasant association with terrorism etc).

Does one have to be a narrow-minded bigot to be the President?

Or is the Republican conservative right simply jealous that the Democratic candidate is better at being a diplomat than their candidate? Are some people fearful of this candidate because he is everything they aren't? Or, perhaps, because of traumatic events in their past they have then generalised or stereotyped people based on skin colour, political affiliation etc?

Edited by Leonardo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Splodgenessabounds

• questionmark

• MasterPo

The short answer? For most Republicans (as in party member) YES. I said it before, the whole party consists of tax liberals and religious nuts. So going to church, not caring about the realities of the world and giving tax cuts is IT. That's a President!

McCain gave funds to group co-founded by Khalidi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: October 29, 2008

6:29 pm Eastern

By Aaron Klein

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – Sen. John McCain chaired an organization that granted substantial funding to a Palestinian research group co-chaired by Mideast professor Rashid Khalidi, a harsh critic of Israel and apologist for Palestinian terror.

The report – first carried by the Huffington Post website – comes amid harsh criticism from McCain's campaign of Sen. Barack Obama for his personal and financial ties to Khalidi.

The website documented how in the 1990s, while he served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI), McCain distributed several documented grants, including one worth about half a million dollars, to the Center for Palestine Research and Studies, or CPRS, a West Bank organization associated with Khalidi.

Edited by AlexG

FYI:

There is a very specific concern for Obama in keeping this video hidden until after the election; the fear it will cost him the Jewish vote the 3 major Florida counties; which would give the state to McCain...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Aaron Klein

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – Sen. John McCain chaired an organization that granted substantial funding to a Palestinian research group co-chaired by Mideast professor Rashid Khalidi, a harsh critic of Israel and apologist for Palestinian terror.

The report – first carried by the Huffington Post website – comes amid harsh criticism from McCain's campaign of Sen. Barack Obama for his personal and financial ties to Khalidi.

The website documented how in the 1990s, while he served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI), McCain distributed several documented grants, including one worth about half a million dollars, to the Center for Palestine Research and Studies, or CPRS, a West Bank organization associated with Khalidi.

What's the betting that this will be totally ignored?

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

What's the betting that this will be totally ignored?

Given who's posting on this thread, that's a good bet.

By Aaron Klein

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Hold on.. the same guy and McCain is giving him money? Isn't that a little worse then going to dinner with him? Hmm... And the Right whines about double standards.

Hold on.. the same guy and McCain is giving him money? Isn't that a little worse then going to dinner with him? Hmm... And the Right whines about double standards.

Please allow me a correction, the right does not whine...the reactionaries pretending to be the right do.

At this point there could be a video/photo of him having beer and ribs with the Devil himself and no one in the media would report it.

It's amazing. The investigatibe journalist is an extinct animal. Might as well merge all the newspapers and TV stations (except for Foxnews) into one and call it "Pravda NA"! :(

Perhaps because the folks that are for Obama are not sucked in by fear propaganda...its tripe and hopefully politics has seen the last of this sort of campaigning....that the negative bullying because a party has lost shows more about sprotsmanship than anything about Obama...sorry not buying it here....

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

So let me get this right.

A guy who apparently has all the hallmarks of a good diplomat; intelligent, excellent orator, good appeal across a range of views, tactful, not bigoted etc is apparently unfit to be the President of the US because he exhibits those traits? Because he is diplomatic and can work with people with whom he might not agree on all their philosophies? (Not that this latest attempt at a smear shows any sort of unpleasant association with terrorism etc).

Or is the Republican conservative right simply jealous that the Democratic candidate is better at being a diplomat than their candidate? Are some people fearful of this candidate because he is everything they aren't? Or, perhaps, because of traumatic events in their past they have then generalised or stereotyped people based on skin colour, political affiliation etc?

Actually it's what he believes in deep inside him that is a concern, not really what he says or displays daily since running for President.

Actually it's what he believes in deep inside him that is a concern, not really what he says or displays daily since running for President.

Meaning you'd rather have somebody without a "deep inside" and who starts every answer with: "duh..."

Meaning you'd rather have somebody without a "deep inside" and who starts every answer with: "duh..."

Nope, answering questions in Politics is just a show. It's what someone has done or records that counts.

Nope, answering questions in Politics is just a show. It's what someone has done or records that counts.

Then why did you vote for Dubya after he ruined Texas?

What? are? you? talking? about? ruined? texas?

Bush was a horrid, awful President, but he was a great Governor, Why the hell you you think he had overwhelming support from Texas on the first go around?

What? are? you? talking? about? ruined? texas?

Bush was a horrid, awful President, but he was a great Governor, Why the hell you you think he had overwhelming support from Texas on the first go around?

Are you trying to tell me that the state debt in Texas was lower after Dubya left then before he took office?

2 Term Governor, then elected President. Won Texas on both run for President.

I guess Texan rewarded him for ruining their state, huh? :wacko:

2 Term Governor, then elected President. Won Texas on both run for President.

I guess Texan rewarded him for ruining their state, huh? :wacko:

They voted for him again as prezz after running the national debt up to a new record with tax breaks...go figure.

They voted for him again as prezz after running the national debt up to a new record with tax breaks...go figure.

Yeah, it figures. You tried to destroy him ever since but you failed.

You lost your battle against Dubya, or the moron as you call him.

Edited by AROCES

Are you trying to tell me that the state debt in Texas was lower after Dubya left then before he took office?

You are telling me that the ruination of a state depends on how high the debt is?

You are telling me that the ruination of a state depends on how high the debt is?

Yes, because it precludes the next administration from using the whole tax revenue, as part of it has to be used to repay and pay interest on the old debt. There is nothing wrong with accruing debt in time of need as long as you repay in time of plenty. Dubya was accruing debt in time of plenty, like in the last four years of him being Guv in Texas.

And what are this debt? All QM points to is Military and Tax break for the rich. We had debt before, education is up there with MIlitary spending which for me is a TOTAL waste and the funding it is getting is all political and not a solution to the problem.

Edited by AROCES

I don't know where you got the idea that Texas is ruined. Our economy is better them most of the other states. Which is why so many people from the other states are coming here. Our main problems is outrageous property taxes & all these illegals trying to cross the border. And I'm not just talking about the Mexicans either.

Texas is very well off thanks to the Republican party.

I don't know where you got the idea that Texas is ruined. Our economy is better them most of the other states. Which is why so many people from the other states are coming here. Our main problems is outrageous property taxes & all these illegals trying to cross the border. And I'm not just talking about the Mexicans either.

I second Bish...Texas doesn't even have a state issued income tax. they would institute one of those before we got too far in debt. sorry but Texas rocks...

The state of Texas has this little nice powerpoint presentation on its finances, happy reading:

http://www.window.state.tx.us/tpr/atg/atggg/gg-13.html

ED: wrong link, sorry. www.brb.state.tx.us/pub/bfo/Part%201.ppt

Edited by questionmark