Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creationism and 6000 year old dinosaurs.

karl 12

YES. Why wouldn't it be? Do you even understand what decay implies? Do you know what it means?

Hence the need for advanced education in specific fields of science :)

Are you daft? Seriously? Isotope decay on meteors is exactly the same as it is on earth. 235-U has a half life of 704 million years no matter where you are. Its all the same. Please explain to me why isotope decay would be different? Your objections make no sense. Period.

yes im daft.*list of explitives*

yes im daft.*list of explitives*

Clearly.

Haha, some guy from work says he went to a Sarah Palin rally holding a sign with that picture of jesus riding the dinosaur on it. There was a caption above it reading "Dinosaurs are Jesus Ponies!"

I retain my stance that modern creationists' very existence is an argument against survival of the fittest.

OOOh look at me! I'm a big boy! I'm all witty and sarcastic. I like to insult others and I can go poddy all by myself now! Whee.

OOOh look at me! I'm a big boy! I'm all witty and sarcastic. I like to insult others and I can go poddy all by myself now! Whee.

That's GOOD! Soon you'll be able to go to school and learn things.

Clearly.

I have been looking for something to support that you are right about it being the same EVERY where. and there is nothing. please explain. (oops)

Edited by ravergirl

Yes, very impressive. Now let's work on overcoming that huge mental hurdle that makes you believe in such ridiculous trash like creationism.

I have been looking for something to support that you are right about it being the same EVERY where. and there is nothing. please explain. (oops)

The laws of physics govern what happens in the universe, including radioactive decay, and the laws of physics are the same everywhere (at least within the 13 billion lightyear sphere of the observable universe).

The laws of physics govern what happens in the universe, including radioactive decay, and the laws of physics are the same everywhere (at least within the 13 billion lightyear sphere of the observable universe).

I respect that.

my question is this....

If the laws of physics have been defined from events on Earth for alltime except for the last 70 years, how can that be considered fact when little is known about the radioactivity on other planets.

I respect that.

my question is this....

If the laws of physics have been defined from events on Earth for alltime except for the last 70 years, how can that be considered fact when little is known about the radioactivity on other planets.

The laws of physics have been defined by observation, theory, calculation, experiment and more observation, theory, calculation... etc. They apply everywhere, not just earth.

The weak nuclear force, which is responsible for radioactive decay is the same everywhere in the observable universe. If it weren't, we would see different things than we see.

The laws of physics have been defined by observation, theory, calculation, experiment and more observation, theory, calculation... etc. They apply everywhere, not just earth.

The weak nuclear force, which is responsible for radioactive decay is the same everywhere in the observable universe. If it weren't, we would see different things than we see.

im not asking about that. I am asking how you know that environments on other planets do not speed or slow the process from parent to daughter.

im not asking about that. I am asking how you know that environments on other planets do not speed or slow the process from parent to daughter.

Because the weak nuclear is the same regardless of environment. This all takes place on the sub-atomic level. What's happening in the macroscopic environment doesn't have much effect on the sub-atomic level.

Because the weak nuclear is the same regardless of environment. This all takes place on the sub-atomic level. What's happening in the macroscopic environment doesn't have much effect on the sub-atomic level.

this sounds like an scientific inference without data to support it, and in the absence of data to refute it, it is accepted.

I wish I know a physicist, in person.

this sounds like an scientific inference without data to support it, and in the absence of data to refute it, it is accepted.

I wish I know a physicist, in person.

There's plenty of data to support it, if you know physics. If you knew a physicst in person, would you understand it better? Or would you just accept it because someone you know says so?

There's plenty of data to support it, if you know physics. If you knew a physicst in person, would you understand it better? Or would you just accept it because someone you know says so?

Do you know physics? What are your credentials?

If I knew a physicist in person I could knock them out for calling me daft.

Do you know physics? What are your credentials?

If I knew a physicist in person I could knock them out for calling me daft.

I have a BS in physics from The Cooper Union, which is now 25 years old, and I haven't worked as a physicist, so at this point, I qualify as a highly knowledgable layman.

I have a BS in physics from The Cooper Union, which is now 25 years old, and I haven't worked as a physicist, so at this point, I qualify as a highly knowledgable layman.

Jesus H. Christ's neighbor's brother's girlfriend's mother's aunt.....

You have a degree that is older than me, and what is the half life on that?

You're absolutely right, the earth is only a few thousand years old. The known universe is about 20 billion light years across, and our sun is about 4.57 billion years old. Of course, god actually showed up around 6,000 years ago and was just like "this solar system needs another planet." and *poof* he created earth out of nothing without throwing the other planets out of orbit or anything. And then he was like "let there be light!" though the sun had already been there for billions of years, so this wasn't really an impressive trick.

Why do I get the distinct impression that you are a teenager who still wears superhero pajamas?

Jesus H. Christ's neighbor's brother's girlfriend's mother's aunt.....

You have a degree that is older than me, and what is the half life on that?

If you don't continue to work in the field, the half life is about 5 years. After that, you've fallen too far behind to catch up without going back to school. Besides, a BS in physics just means you've learned enough to learn more.

If you don't continue to work in the field, the half life is about 5 years. After that, you've fallen too far behind to catch up without going back to school. Besides, a BS in physics just means you've learned enough to learn more.

okay. so the basics.

Will placing something will more radioactivity with something with less radioactivity cause a spike in radioactivity?

okay. so the basics.

Will placing something will more radioactivity with something with less radioactivity cause a spike in radioactivity?

There will be more radioactivity emitted, because there is more radioactive material, but the rate of radiation will not change.

I can address this from a more personal perspective.

Many students who come from the Bible Belt have a very difficult time adjusting to Introductory of Biology classes I have been in since they have been taught the opposite (and incorrect) view of things. It merely takes time and every one of these students has since moved on past that incorrect view when discussing it when the professors and attending the classes. All of them that I have talked to still retained their belief in God; they have however, changed their past stance regarding the age of the earth and evolution when confronted with the great amount of evidence.

In a sense, it was damaging, but the damage done was easily reversible. Keep in mind, however, that these were freshman college students and they were being taught by leaders in their given field.

I live in "the buckle on the Bible Belt" - Oklahoma. The English teachers here complain that their incoming Freshmen are practically illiterate; they have never written anything over three or four pages long and have extremely poor grammar skills. In short, education in the Bible Belt is pretty poor in all fields.

Doug

okay. so the basics.

Huh?

Why do I get the distinct impression that you are a teenager who still wears superhero pajamas?

I like how you resorted to a personal attack rather than attempting to actually address anything I said in particular. Christ would be proud.