Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

21 year old laydee having a bit of a shocker!

Katieeeeeee

Hello,

Bit of a sensitive subject here, but I'm wondering what to do about my family, or more specifically my mum.

I'm wondering if going to uni next year is the right decision for me, as I feel I've left it too late and I'm not sure if this is the right avenue for me to go down.

Basically I'm at a big crossroads in life and I'm stuck, wondering who I am and where I'm going.

It's taken me 4 years to put my past behind me and I'm a very very strong person as a result of it. Although I'm worried that all the negative energy around me has caused me problems if that makes sense.

Is anyone kind enough to tell me if they see anything?

Thank you kindly :) xx

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katieeeeeee

• Scarecrow JacK

• Starr Destin Mathews

• early-winter

On a purely non-psychic level - i'd totally encourage you to go to uni, it's pretty much a once-in-a-life-time thing.

So, as for what i can 'read', i'll give it a go.

As far as negative energy goes, if you really feel you've come out the other side of whatever problems you were having, and you've become a much stronger person as a result of that, then there is really no negative energy to be worried about. You've conquered it anyway.

I get the feeling you're a very creative person, you love to experiment and explore and are constantly questioning things around you. You're strong willed and if someone p***es you off, they know about it, and, if you want something, you have to have it.

Use this to your advantage, think about what you really want to do. What makes your heart beat and what gets you excited. (For some reason I think you're interested in the arts? Possibly photography or fine art - or media, actually.) And, then just go for it.

Okay, here comes the cheese, you only get to live once & it's pretty obvious you want to take the right road, but, just because you don't know what you want to do right now, doesn't mean you won't eventually.

It's probably best to go to uni, get a degree, and then, even if you don't end up getting a job in the same field as your degree, you've still got a nice big degree to bring to the table at job interviews!

I'm sorry I can't really be of much help & I hope you work out what you want to do with your life. x x

Haha brilliant, you're right about me being interested in the arts- it's acting and tv work I want to get into and I have done a media course at college in the past :)

I am a very curious person and want to learn about everything in the world around me. And yes, people do know if they've p***ed me off, although I've only lost my temper 3 or 4 times in my whole life- when I do it's very explosive though.

Thankyou for your kind advice :) xxx

I'm for going to Uni!

I only started this year (I myself am 21) and I am enjoying it greatly. One thing I regret is that it would have been awesome to have done it a few years before (some of my mates now are qualified tradespersons/chefs etc) cause they started younger. Myself however chose to travel/drift around the place which I know has made me who I am and I have learned many thing in my travels.

My point is whether you are unsure or not, go to uni. The worst is that you dont like it and drop out for something else. However putting it off and then eventually doing it later on will seem like a waste. Not to say it is but will seem like it.

We're only youngin's so don't think its too late, you will find many older people at uni who do go on to do great things. One question for you though, what problems do you feel you might have taken on? In my opinion, being the strong person that you are (from what I know of atm lol) you will be okay. Having come across many great crossroads in my life I find its best to just do it. Take the risk that you have always wanted to do. It is seriously worth it and I feel if I didn't take blind leaps as I had, one- I would not be the awesome person I am today (which is pretty awesome) and two- I would most likely being the guy dreaming of a better place in my small home town...

Be excited and go for it!

Go for it!!! you might regret it if you don't :lol:

Hehe ok I will! Thankyouuuuu :) x

(this is to Scarecrow Jack)

Yeah I kind of regret not going before, but being the person I am, I don't think at that stage of my life I would have been able to handle it if that makes sense. And like you I don't think I'd be the person I am now if I went and didn't go through what I did.

I think going back into education would be really good for me, the thought of it really excites me :D I'm the kind of person who always needs to be learning and I need my mind stimulated.

The problems I feel I might have taken on....haha where do I start without sounding like a whinging nazi....me and my sister had to leave home and go and live with our grandparents because my mother was...how do I put it...less than loving.....that all went wrong and I ended up homeless a few times....only over the last year have I finally got myself back on track. That's the basic story, I'd say I've had 7 years of total bad luck, one bad thing after the other. But I'm a happy lady now :)

Thanks for your advice :) xx

Edited by Katieeeeeee

Ha! Your going to be awesome! 7years of such a lifestyle has taught you so much by the sounds of it, and well in my beliefs life is full of ups and downs. I find myself being balanced out so often however there are many occasions where the downers seem to go on forever (which was myself at my little home town-going nowhere and fast!). When I was 18 was the time I took things into my own hands and I feel I am becoming the person I am. Anyways, my point is, 7years of such a crazy lifestyle definitely means some great balancing act is coming your way, if you decide to take it that is.

I am sorry to hear about what has happened, my mum and I are pretty close and could not imagine how you handled such situation. So your a ot stronger than me in that aspect. Learning is mega awesome (not when you are under stress >_<* but you get that... So expect some stress to come about first year lol, dw its all good if you've been through worse).

I think I know what you want to do and when you feel you have hit rock bottom, the only direction you can literally go is up. That is if you put efforts behind your actions (which I think you have already been doing hehe).

What do you want to study?

Well I want to go into tv work, I've already done a little bit (something really embarrasing I'm not proud of called emo rangers, I played the evil queen who wanted all the emos dead ha ha) there's a course at a uni in London that suits me perfectly. If it's not in front of the camera then anything behind the camera is fine, I love making and directing movies and things like that. What are you doing at uni?

And no need to be sorry about what's happened, I just hope that my family can all forgive each other and sort out their differences again one day- I've managed to forgive my mum so I hope everyone else can. In a weird way I'm glad it's all happened, as weird as that sounds.

Ha! Emo Rangers, I think I found that on youtube a little while ago lol. Yeah, gotta stop emos lol. It would be awesome if you do get into the film/screen industry, thats the course I'm doing atm (Bach of media... Might try and find something more screen related after maybe =S lol) but alas I am into video editing (atm make Anime music videos in my spare time) and compiling movies which I want to direct movies aswell! And of course star in them, cause I can... So yeah you can become my english contact if you do follow on through with it lol.

The problems I feel I might have taken on....haha where do I start without sounding like a whinging nazi....me and my sister had to leave home and go and live with our grandparents because my mother was...how do I put it...less than loving.....that all went wrong and I ended up homeless a few times....

Far from a whinging Nazi. All I can say is that I get the sense you're being extremely charitable and delicate about what you've gone through.

It is amazing the trauma and loss a person can take and still bounce back.

It's a lot to carry, and it's a lot to heal from, so don't fault yourself for not being perfect or right on schedule or any of that. I'll be honest-- I get the sense that it's a wonder you survived with all your marbles. And here you are being self-critical about being a few years behind in your education plans! :)

No fair comparing yoursef to some ideal. When you get to uni, you'll get tired of hearing from the older students that "21 is so young, your life is just beginning," and all that. But they're right. Listen to them and try not to demand too much of yourself. :tu:

That is just my feeling, and I hope you find these words encouraging.

Far from a whinging Nazi. All I can say is that I get the sense you're being extremely charitable and delicate about what you've gone through.

It's a lot to carry, and it's a lot to heal from, so don't fault yourself for not being perfect or right on schedule or any of that. I'll be honest-- I get the sense that it's a wonder you survived with all your marbles. And here you are being self-critical about being a few years behind in your education plans! :)

No fair comparing yoursef to some ideal. When you get to uni, you'll get tired of hearing from the older students that "21 is so young, your life is just beginning," and all that. But they're right. Listen to them and try not to demand too much of yourself. :tu:

A bit off topic but on American college campuses your thread title is very amusing.

(To scarecrow Jack)

Hahaha, emo rangers is so not cool. I asked him to delete my scenes from the new episode and find someone else to do it, it's so humiliating.

It would be awesome if I could get into that industry, it's like my main ambition in life, makes my heart beat faster just thinking about it. That's such a coincidence that you're into all that as well, I'm so impressed! And I'd be really interested to see the anime music videos you've done. :D xxxx

I do find these words encouraging, thankyou :D Now I'm back on my feet it's definately the right time for me to go to uni. And yeah it is a miracle I'm still here to be honest, but my main problem was that instead of dealing with the "pain" over the years I just bottled it up and put on a happy face, and it had it's consequences because last year I got diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, which was a result of all the stress not being released and finally coming out all in one go, I think I've got a hold on that now, it's just encouragement that I need and I've had plenty of that :D so thankyou :D xxxx

(To scarecrow Jack)

Hahaha, emo rangers is so not cool. I asked him to delete my scenes from the new episode and find someone else to do it, it's so humiliating.

It would be awesome if I could get into that industry, it's like my main ambition in life, makes my heart beat faster just thinking about it. That's such a coincidence that you're into all that as well, I'm so impressed! And I'd be really interested to see the anime music videos you've done. :D xxxx

Hello, I do apologize for a late reply... Been busy all round here.

Seeing as I am on holidays I hopefully will be able to write stuff up for next year (get to make a short film so I want to make an awesome one XD). Emo rangers seems somewhat popular (from what I have seen) on the internet so Kudo's for being apart of that, although you may seem embarrassed about it, t'is a good situation to base media-experience from me thinks.

For me... lately I have been losing the spark of excitement that I once had in sharing what is in my thoughts to the world... So think its kewl that your heart beats faster thinking about it, my heart probably beats fast about stress more than anything (Damn you bills!!!) lol. All will be good though.

So yeah AMV's, first two are older ones and the last one is one I am currently working on =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNPbGyptGZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhNb0pNx1r4