Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Palin effigy burned on bonfire

questionmark

Sarah Palin effigy burned on bonfire

US Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin will be blown up at Britain's oldest bonfire celebrations – dressed up as a Rambo.

Last Updated: 8:38PM GMT 31 Oct 2008

linked-image

The Republican Governor of Alaska has been made into a giant effigy, with a tiny Barack Obama sitting behind her in a tin hat peppered with bullet holes with 'O'Blimey' written across it.

The pit bull with lipstick will be loaded with explosives and torched at the site of the Battle of Hastings in East Sussex.

The annual bonfire, hosted by the Battel Bonfire Boyes, on Nov 1 will be topped off with the 20ft effigy of the 'hockey mom' dressed as Rambo, complete with bulging muscles, a machine gun and with bullets draped over her neck.

Matt Southam, chairman of Battel Bonfire Boyes, said: "We just felt she was one of the most interesting characters in the American elections.

"We like to add a little twist and because of her stance on guns, we made her into a Rambo-type character."

Source: The Telegraph

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tiggs

• questionmark

• IamsSon

• Finsup22

Top Posters In This Topic

._o

That's uh... wow..

Remember, remember the Fourth of November,

The Electoral Treason and Plot,

I know of no reason

Why the Electoral Treason

Should ever be forgot.

Ms Palin, Ms Palin, t'was her intent

To sneak her way into government.

Dirty tricks and whispers below

To prove Obama's overthrow;

By God's providence she was catch'd

By an ethics committee in Alaska 'natch.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the votes ring.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, no more Palin!

* Looks innocent *

TIGGS!!

Hey man, she's the one who thought she was possessed by witches.

And yet, somehow conservatives are the ones who supposedly are hate-filled.

They're burning Obama too, Iams - or did you just miss that in your attempt to zing in a political point?

They're burning Obama too, Iams - or did you just miss that in your attempt to zing in a political point?

Yes, libs do try to be a bit politically correct. "Let's burn Palin in effigy, mate!"

"Well, you know I would love to burn her for real... but we certanly can't do that and if we burn her in effigy we'll be showing how hate-filled we are. Too bad."

"Hey, how 'bout we add a little black guy who we can say is supposed to be Obama! The we won't look so hate-filled!"

"Great idea! We'll make sure and make her look as crazed and ridiculous as we can, and we'll make him cute and cuddly, and kinda hide him so the people won't really see him"

Edited by IamsSon

* Looks innocent *

That is excellent

Yes, libs do try to be a bit politically correct. "Let's burn Palin in effigy, mate!"

"Well, you know I would love to burn her for real... but we certanly can't do that and if we burn her in effigy we'll be showing how hate-filled we are. Too bad."

"Hey, how 'bout we add a little black guy who we can say is supposed to be Obama! The we won't look so hate-filled!"

"Great idea! We'll make sure and make her look as crazed and ridiculous as we can, and we'll make him cute and cuddly, and kinda hide him so the people won't really see him"

Yeah. That would be right, Iams.

Not that it's a tradition stretching back centuries to burn effigies of political figures from both sides of the spectrum on bonfire night. Oh wait - yes it is. For example, they burnt Blair and Brown in 2006 - both Libs.

linked-image

But obviously - they must be evil politically correct Libs.

Yeah. That would be right, Iams.

Not that it's a tradition stretching back centuries to burn effigies of political figures from both sides of the spectrum on bonfire night. Oh wait - yes it is. For example, they burnt Blair and Brown in 2006 - both Libs.

linked-image

But obviously - they must be evil politically correct Libs.

I guess trying to look innocent didn't work, huh tiggs! :lol:

HOW MANY TIMES do I have to say it, she is HOT! Now, she's ON FIIRRE! :wub:

Here I was thinking it was the stupid claim that women voted the candidates they find attractive.

America: Equality through Recidivism.

--Jaylemurph

You just have proven that (some?) religious Republicans have no sense of humor, not that so called "liberals" are full of hate.

* Looks innocent *

:lol:

Wonderful job,Tiggs. :D

I have to share that with a few people at work tonight. They'll get a kick out of it. :P

I wonder if they would be arrested for this in the US...

Noosed Palin effigy removed

Halloween effigy taken down amid protests; flaming McCain display still up

The Associated Press

updated 6:42 a.m. CT, Wed., Oct. 29, 2008

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Amid a growing frenzy of protesters and media surrounding his home, Chad Morrisette decided his noosed Sarah Palin mannequin should be cut loose.

He and his partner had created the effigy of the GOP vice presidential hopeful three weeks ago and vowed to keep it outside their home until Halloween, despite widespread criticism from neighbors and local officials. On Wednesday the mayor convinced Morrisette the mannequin should come down.

"I explained to them that this could be dangerous to you and your neighbors," said Mayor Jeff Prang, noting that he received hundreds of venomous e-mails from people offended by the display. "They were totally unprepared for this kind of international attention, for the amount of impact on their home and their neighborhood."

Besides a constant flow of angry callers, the homeowners had received a visit from the Secret Service and criticism from a Los Angeles County supervisor who ordered an investigation into whether the effigy constitutes a hate crime.

Then, on Wednesday, neighbors covered up the Palin mannequin with sheets, and more protesters showed up later in the day accompanied by a man driving a vehicle adorned with an effigy labeled "Chad," with a noose around its neck, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

"This evening, it wasn't as friendly," he said.

Prang said he drove by after work and saw protesters and media around the home with helicopters overhead. Morrisette saw the mayor and waved him inside for a talk.

Afterward, the mannequin came down, but Morrisette kept the rest of his Halloween decor intact, including a display of Palin's running mate, John McCain, popping out of a flaming chimney.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27430997/

I wonder if they would be arrested for this in the US...

Besides a constant flow of angry callers, the homeowners had received a visit from the Secret Service and criticism from a Los Angeles County supervisor who ordered an investigation into whether the effigy constitutes a hate crime.

Guess that answers that....

And yet, somehow conservatives are the ones who supposedly are hate-filled.

Ain't it the truth! :tsu:

Ain't it the truth! :tsu:

You're really not up to speed on English traditions, are you?

Bonfire night is where we burn the zeitgeist of the year. It's cathartic.

This year, the American elections have dominated the headlines.

Over the years, they've burnt effigies of Gandalf, Darth Maul, one of the Teletubbies and the England Football teams 5-1 result against Germany, to name but a few.

Why does a bit of harmless fun always have to turn political?

Wait a minute, burning effigy to celebrate Guy Fawkes night, Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament. Hmmm.... :lol: .

Why does a bit of harmless fun always have to turn political?

Because the conservatives have to be faithful to their puritan roots: it's not good enough to remove the fun from their own lives, they have to remove the fun from your life, too.

--Jaylemurph

Noosed Palin effigy removed

Halloween effigy taken down amid protests; flaming McCain display still up

The Associated Press

updated 6:42 a.m. CT, Wed., Oct. 29, 2008

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - Amid a growing frenzy of protesters and media surrounding his home, Chad Morrisette decided his noosed Sarah Palin mannequin should be cut loose.

He and his partner had created the effigy of the GOP vice presidential hopeful three weeks ago and vowed to keep it outside their home until Halloween, despite widespread criticism from neighbors and local officials. On Wednesday the mayor convinced Morrisette the mannequin should come down.

"I explained to them that this could be dangerous to you and your neighbors," said Mayor Jeff Prang, noting that he received hundreds of venomous e-mails from people offended by the display. "They were totally unprepared for this kind of international attention, for the amount of impact on their home and their neighborhood."

Then, on Wednesday, neighbors covered up the Palin mannequin with sheets, and more protesters showed up later in the day accompanied by a man driving a vehicle adorned with an effigy labeled "Chad," with a noose around its neck, said sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

"This evening, it wasn't as friendly," he said.

Prang said he drove by after work and saw protesters and media around the home with helicopters overhead. Morrisette saw the mayor and waved him inside for a talk.

Afterward, the mannequin came down, but Morrisette kept the rest of his Halloween decor intact, including a display of Palin's running mate, John McCain, popping out of a flaming chimney.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27430997/

Interesting.. no jail? I wonder what to make of this then...

Two arrested after Obama effigy found on campus

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/30/obama.effigy/index.html

Edited by KyrusRose

Here I was thinking it was the stupid claim that women voted the candidates they find attractive.

America: Equality through Recidivism.

--Jaylemurph

I Love you too :wub::P

lighten up Jayle, You got to admit she's a good looking female. As for who I vote for, you might be surprised.

-Fins