Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese Villager Devouered By Giant Python

SoulFire

Phantoms and Monsters

Posted: 31 Oct 2008 10:55 AM CDT

Luo, a local villager from Hanshan, China, did not return home from work during lunch as she does on a daily basis.

Her husband, worried for her safety, went to some cotton fields nearby where Luo worked.

While looking for his wife, the husband noticed a large snake trail and immediately became nervous that his wife might have been attacked by a snake.

A few minutes of searching later he came upon a large Python with a belly so full it could not move.

linked-image

The husband knew immediately that his wife had been eaten by this snake and he ran off to find some local villagers to help.

They returned moments later and shot the snake in the head. They quickly cut the snake open and found Luo inside the snakes stomach.

Unfortunately they did not find her in time and she did not survive the ordeal.

linked-image

Edited by SoulFire

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Queen in the North

• Wickian

• SoulFire

• Quill

:o That's terrible!

I would make a joke about how the snake would be hungry 20 minutes later, but...you know...

Edited by Quill

Source?

Knowing snakes the way I do, and thats very well (I share my house will around 30 of them, upping to around 150 in the breeding season), I don't really know why people still insist on saying that snakes eat humans! They don't, they can't. There has never been a verified, scienctifically proved case of a snake eating a human. Yes, there have been cases of captive snakes turning on their owners, such as a burmese python who was allowed to free roam inside a house killing a 15 year old boy - http://www.anapsid.org/coloburm.html , but no cases of a snake actually consuming a human.

More to the point, most adult humans shoulders are far too wide for a snake to be able to swallow us, it would kill itself in the process. Admittedly, if someone fell on their side they would be vulnerable to this, but as humans are not a food source for snakes.

There have been many 'cases', and hoaxes of pythons eating humans, many from Indonesia and South East Asia. None of them have been proven to be true. I really doubt that this is true, but I am more than willing to be proved wrong! :D:lol:

Poor woman, but why does she have no clothes on? Don’t tell me the python undressed her.

It depends on how broad her shoulders were. A large python may be able to eat a very petite(in terms of width) woman, but there's no way one can eat a full grown man at least.

i listed the source at the top of the article. if a python can kill and eat a 6' alligator, why could it not kill and eat a person?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...neatsgator.html

About the source, my bad entirely! Sorry, must look harder before making sarcastic comments.

Ah, that picture, and that article, they slightly make my argument a little shaky, but I shall try and defend it to the last anyway. I remember seeing that picture for the first time ages ago, and being like WOOAAAAAH! :lol:

The events that went on between the python and the alligator are not known. My theory on this is that perphaps the alligator was already dead, and as pythons aren't very good at realising what is too big a meal for them, bit off slightly more than it could chew. This subsequently caused to pythons stomach to rupture, nasty way to go. I do wonder about a pythons ability to kill an alligator though. :huh:

But whilst that alligator may have been a big 13 footer, alligators are generally not known for being very broad shouldered. For our size, and relative shape, we do have broad shoulders. The girl would have to have very skinny, at the least extremely petite for a snake to be able to swallow her.

*argument fails to hold up against cool big-beasty fight picture* :lol:

It depends on how broad her shoulders were. A large python may be able to eat a very petite(in terms of width) woman, but there's no way one can eat a full grown man at least.

...... Which rock did you grow under. Pythons can swallow antelopes WHOLE.....What makes you think they can't swallow humans with ease.

...... Which rock did you grow under. Pythons can swallow antelopes WHOLE.....What makes you think they can't swallow humans with ease.

ok, where's the source for this, figured I'd ask before someone else did... ;)

ok, where's the source for this, figured I'd ask before someone else did... ;)

Ah well, I have a source for this! Pick me pick me!

http://www.african-safari-journals.com/python-pictures.html

I couldn't say for sure wether they were real or not, but they don't look photoshopped to my untuned eyes, and I can't see why an African safari journal would fake pictures...

That is totally uncalled for.

Also, fair enough, a python COULD swallow a human! Not with ease, but maybe they could, should the opportunity arise. But the fact is, THEY DON'T! It has never been proved that a python, an anaconda, or any other snake has ever eaten a human being! You are more likely to be killed by a python falling on your head than you are likely to be killed and eaten by one. Sure, they are known to kill humans with alarming ease, but most of the time this happens in captivity when owners are incapable of looking after their giant pets. Show me proof that this case of a snake eating a human is true, and I will believe you!

Please, someone show me some goddamn proof. :rolleyes::P

Edited by Bat_fish

that's awful. why'd they have to kill the snake??

I think it would have been too difficult to get the womans body out of it if they hadn't, but they could have just sedated it I suppose :unsure2:

The first pic in the article showing the snake with it's full belly makes me cringe :mellow:

I'm not sure about python's, but there is documented evidence of an Anaconda attempting to eat a man it killed and it couldn't get around his shoulders. And since anaconda's have a much bigger girth, there is no way a python can do so either. A human and an antelope have completely different structures.

I'm not sure about python's, but there is documented evidence of an Anaconda attempting to eat a man it killed and it couldn't get around his shoulders. And since anaconda's have a much bigger girth, there is no way a python can do so either. A human and an antelope have completely different structures.

There was a program on telly about that a while ago! It scared the crap outta my little sister :lol:

It also proved numerous pictures of snakes apparently eating humans that have been circulating the internet of late, to be fakes by reputable scientists. :tu:

There was a program on telly about that a while ago! It scared the crap outta my little sister :lol:

It also proved numerous pictures of snakes apparently eating humans that have been circulating the internet of late, to be fakes by reputable scientists. :tu:

Yeah, the evidence I'm referring to is an actual video of a dead man with his head and neck in a snake's mouth. Try as he might, he couldn't get around those shoulders. Although you gotta wonder how the guys who found him reacted...."Oh my God! He's being eaten by an anaconda! ......Get the camera."

Yeah, the evidence I'm referring to is an actual video of a dead man with his head and neck in a snake's mouth. Try as he might, he couldn't get around those shoulders. Although you gotta wonder how the guys who found him reacted...."Oh my God! He's being eaten by an anaconda! ......Get the camera."

Oh hell no, I'd say can you find me the link, but I don't think so, I've just eaten!

This program was quite interesting mind, it went into all the specifics with reconstructions of how the events occured and stuff. No gore though thank God! :tu:

Yeah, "Oh my God! Should I save him? Or should I run back home get the camcorder?" *pauses and has brief moral dilemma* "CAMCORDER!"

People can make money out of these things, makes you wonder what people won't do for a bit of dosh. :hmm:

All comedic situations aside, they probably realized he was already dead and figured they could have the first irrefutable proof of large snakes at least attempting to eat a full grown man.

As for the video, I've tried looking for it online, but haven't been able to find it yet. I saw the clip on some show where they were investigating the rumors of giant 35-40 foot Anaconda's and how they're supposedly man-eaters.

All comedic situations aside, they probably realized he was already dead and figured they could have the first irrefutable proof of large snakes at least attempting to eat a full grown man.

As for the video, I've tried looking for it online, but haven't been able to find it yet. I saw the clip on some show where they were investigating the rumors of giant 35-40 foot Anaconda's and how they're supposedly man-eaters.

Yep, I think the fact his head and neck were inside a snake makes that pretty definite. I just think that man and snake tend to be seperated enough for these things not to happen, or at least very rarely.

I don't believe the junk about 40 and 50 foot anacondas, surely one that big would have to be a mutant of some kind, because once things get so big on land they have problems breathing due to their weight, yes?

You've probably seen this picture?

http://www.angelfire.com/bc2/cryptodominion/serpents.html

Tez rubbish. :lol:

Hey... :lol: I guess 20 minutes later and...

I would make a joke about how the snake would be hungry 20 minutes later, but...you know...[/font]

er... ah :unsure2:

Source?

Knowing snakes the way I do, and thats very well (I share my house will around 30 of them, upping to around 150 in the breeding season), I don't really know why people still insist on saying that snakes eat humans! They don't, they can't. There has never been a verified, scienctifically proved case of a snake eating a human. Yes, there have been cases of captive snakes turning on their owners, such as a burmese python who was allowed to free roam inside a house killing a 15 year old boy - http://www.anapsid.org/coloburm.html , but no cases of a snake actually consuming a human.

More to the point, most adult humans shoulders are far too wide for a snake to be able to swallow us, it would kill itself in the process. Admittedly, if someone fell on their side they would be vulnerable to this, but as humans are not a food source for snakes.

There have been many 'cases', and hoaxes of pythons eating humans, many from Indonesia and South East Asia. None of them have been proven to be true. I really doubt that this is true, but I am more than willing to be proved wrong! :D:lol:

Actually, there are many cases of snakes consuming human beings, but almost all of them are concerning children - not full grown persons.

Here's a list of well documented man-eating snakes cases, including the sources (only two of them are concerning adult persons):

Bon appetit!

Poor woman, but why does she have no clothes on? Don’t tell me the python undressed her.

:lol:

that made my day

Actually, there are many cases of snakes consuming human beings, but almost all of them are concerning children - not full grown persons.

Here's a list of well documented man-eating snakes cases, including the sources (only two of them are concerning adult persons):

Bon appetit!

Oh, come on! Geocities is all very well, but I didn't see any sources on there deary.

Straight off Google?

:cry: It kind of looks like a kid instead of a woman...

i thought that too. however, chinese women are generally pretty small in stature.