Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Do They Have to Do to Lose Your Vote?

Synergy

Not the voters I've spoken to. Many Obama supporters concede that he is dishonest, but trust only in that he would be less dishonest than John McCain would be. Again with the least worst scenario that just doesn't cut it in my opinion. Why should we be forced to settle for the least worst when we can have so much more?

Truth is, Nader hasn't been subjected to the full fury of the Press and opposition scrutiny. In fact - I've yet to see a Nader press article at all. If he had been, I doubt he'll have weathered the storm much better.

That's a good point that I've heard suggested several times. Supporters of Bob Barr for example have attempted to sway Nader supporters into voting for Barr for the purpose of creating an opposition party. It's a legitimate concern. As I mentioned before, though, I oppose the very idea of political parties all together.

At times voters become fanatically defensive of their party of choice, and this is one of the problems. It shouldn't be the party they are voting for, but the individual. The party only represents a vague political ideology. Political parties are dangerous in that the few can manipulate the many from the inside out. This concentration of power can be wielded in a way that is dangerous to society. These parties are suceptible to corruption and corporate influence as we have clearly seen with the two major parties.

I understand this is a rather idealistic perspective, and some might say unrealistic, but I refuse to settle for less than what is possible.

I admire your principles. However, unless you can get both of the current parties to disband / legally enforce equal press coverage for all candidates - then you are whispering into the hurricane.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Synergy

• Sherapy

• questionmark

• AzTide

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth is, Nader hasn't been subjected to the full fury of the Press and opposition scrutiny. In fact - I've yet to see a Nader press article at all. If he had been, I doubt he'll have weathered the storm much better.

I admire your principles. However, unless you can get both of the current parties to disband / legally enforce equal press coverage for all candidates - then you are whispering into the hurricane.

you know I admire Astro's principles also but the libertarian posit has a very special meaning in the states and it is generally held that this ideology as currently defined ( unbridled capitalism) would literally cause the US to self destruct in seconds..... but those that pretend to , do so because its a great tool...

Ah Murrary Rothbard comes to mind http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard-lib.html

a very consistent libertarian ....to say the least...

Edited by Tangerine Sheri