Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reality Ghost Hunting Shows

Muzix38

There seem to be a plethora of Reality Ghost hunting shows on the air and I was wondering about peoples opinions of them. The three I am thinking of the most are MOST HAUNTED, PARANORMAL STATE, and of course GHOST HUNTERS.

MOST HAUNTED: This show to me is a joke, and is making a mockery of the whole scientific field of paranormal investigation. I find it very interesting that they ALWAYS find Evidence. Every episode is full of so called proof. If you want to see something funny, google Most haunted "Mary loves Dick!" Not meaning that in the crude sense I mean Dick as in a name there is footage of the investigative team where one of the memeber is soposedly Chanelling the spirit of someone named mary.. the funny part comes after they THINK the cameras have quit rolling. Where they admit to faking the whole thing.

PARANORMAL STATE: Interesting show, but again I am not very convinced by it. I think the Investigative team is ok, but I don't like the way it is presented. That team leader voicing over everything drives me nuts

GHOST HUNTERS: Of the three I find this one to be the most credible. They don't always find evidence, they try and disproove a haunting rather than accept that it is fact (well maybe all but that Brian guy he seems to take everything at face value, I was glad they moved him to europe) Having met and worked with both Grant Wilson and Jason Hawes briefly (Clarifying: meeting and working around does in no way constitute being "Friends" with or even a claim that I really know either of them that well) My first impressions of them is that they do truely love what they do, and that they would not intentionally contaminate or outright fake evidence. They are the first to admit that what we think we are seeing and hearing isn't always what is really happening. As for yesterdays Live event, I missed it due to work, I will just have to wait for the DVD

Anyone else have oppinions to share?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Celt1114

• Ufo Believer

• Korbus

• _Only

The live event for Ghoast Hunters was awsome. :)

Edited by Ufo Believer

Here's my favorite clip of Most Haunted fakery.

Yeah, everyone knows the show is a joke. I'm glad it seems like Ghost Adventures is going to take over Most Haunted's spot on Travel Channel.

Paranormal State: cool.

TAPS: uber cool (but I don't have digital cable :( )

Man that stinks that you don't have digital cable.

Edited by Ufo Believer

Ghost hunters- great show

Most haunted- comedy

Paranormal state- load of crock

Ghost Hunters-Good Show :tsu:

Paranormal State-meh its okay

Most Haunted-Comedy Gold

Ghost hunters- great show

Most haunted- comedy

Paranormal state- load of crock

Ghost Adventures- undecided at this point

Ghost Hunters? Best open minded, mind opening, impartial show ever. :yes::tu:

Paranormal State? I haven't seen enough of them, the jury is still out. :mellow:

Most Haunted? Britains answer to The Three Stooges Become Ghost Hunters. :lol::sleepy:

(** Anyone ever figure out just why the blond is always screaming? :w00t: Seems she would go through a lot of lozenges so she doesn't loose her voice between shows. :lol:**)

Edited by Owl_Lady

Oh I like Most Haunted! Mainly for the places the visit, though - I tend to avoid the Derek Acorah episodes because he is just realllllly fake. My dad's of the opinion that it's all rubbish too, but occasionally they get something quite freaky on film.

Ghost hunters- Utter nonsense and investigators that act like 15 year olds keep this show a pile of dung.

Most haunted-Utter nonsense and investigators that act like 20 year olds keep this show a pile of rubbish.

Ghost Adventures-Utter nonsense and investigators that act like 20 year olds keep this show a total crock.

Paranormal State-Utter nonsense and investigators that are 15 year olds make this show totally absurd.

All the rest that I didn't mention and those not yet produced, are complete B.S.

Figured since I was outnumbered I'd jump on the bandwagon.

I actually enjoy them all for different reasons

Edited by Celt1114

It was pathetic. Get your facts straight.

Even in the forums at SciFi.com it was hated by thousands apon thousands.

Thank you, Celt1114, for that utter nonsense that seemed to be going nowhere. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ufo Believer

Thank you, Celt1114, for that utter nonsense that seemed to be going nowhere. :rolleyes:

And I thank YOU, for trying to see that only those who agree with you deserve an opinion.

Other people just believe in things that may be out there.

Edit: That's your opinion anyway.

Edited by Ufo Believer

I wish I would have seen it but we were out that night.

I want to believe in the 'good' shows but they are just so easy to fake that I have difficulty, especially since their success stems from ratings, same with Youtube movies.

I've found that I believe about 75% of the experiences on here. I want to believe that people don't come on here to lie and/or spin tales. After my experiences, I have no reason to doubt anyone because mine are odd and I'm sure some people don't believe me.

I'm rambling.

I watch some of the shows for entertainment, nothing else. Some I believe and some I really believe. I think TAPS is legit and I believe that the A Haunting show is as true as the people's memory of the events from long ago - along with proding from producers.

Edited by ennui

I have watched Most Haunted but not the other shows, and i can hardly believe there are still some people out there that believe everything on that show is genuine paranormal activity. I agree with everyone that says Most Haunted is making joke of paranormal investigation.

Edited by Iggster

Here's part of an interview of the guys from Ghost Hunters ripping on the Most Haunted team:

And here's them talking to Yvette from Most Haunted:

Edited by shadowdude

Paranormal State - Way too over the top, in my opinion. Horrible in terms of true value as a paranormal investigation show. As a comedy, though, it is divine.

Most Haunted - Worst and most fake show I've seen.

Ghost Adventures - Quickly becoming the American version of Most Haunted. Absolutely ludicrous.

Ghost Hunters - Was once respectable. Becoming increasingly more outlandish as time goes by. The most recent live episode was garbage, in my opinion.

And I thank YOU, for trying to see that only those who agree with you deserve an opinion.

Jeez Celt, don't you realize yet that criticism of TAPS or Ghost Hunters is not allowed on this forum? TAPS is infallible and cannot be questioned. Get it straight. :D

Paranormal State - Way too over the top, in my opinion. Horrible in terms of true value as a paranormal investigation show. As a comedy, though, it is divine.

Most Haunted - Worst and most fake show I've seen.

Ghost Adventures - Quickly becoming the American version of Most Haunted. Absolutely ludicrous.

Ghost Hunters - Was once respectable. Becoming increasingly more outlandish as time goes by. The most recent live episode was garbage, in my opinion.

Harsh... seems like you're very hard to please.

Edited by shadowdude

Harsh... seems like you're very hard to please.

Not at all, friend. All I ask for is a paranormal investigation show that is based in science and doesn't fake evidence. Ghost Hunters used to be it for me, but I've been very disappointed with them the past couple of seasons. They seem to capture hard evidence everywhere and I'm not buying it. It isn't that easy. It is said that the paranormal doesnt perform on cue...but apparently it does when TAPS is in the house. And the most recent live episode was, in my opinion, bunk. Believe me, it's upsetting. Because I've been a fan of the show since the beginning.

Not at all, friend. All I ask for is a paranormal investigation show that is based in science and doesn't fake evidence. Ghost Hunters used to be it for me, but I've been very disappointed with them the past couple of seasons. They seem to capture hard evidence everywhere and I'm not buying it. It isn't that easy. It is said that the paranormal doesnt perform on cue...but apparently it does when TAPS is in the house. And the most recent live episode was, in my opinion, bunk. Believe me, it's upsetting. Because I've been a fan of the show since the beginning.

I agree. Couldn't have said it better myself Jason. :tu:

Ghost hunters- Utter nonsense and investigators that act like 15 year olds keep this show a pile of dung.

Most haunted-Utter nonsense and investigators that act like 20 year olds keep this show a pile of rubbish.

Ghost Adventures-Utter nonsense and investigators that act like 20 year olds keep this show a total crock.

Paranormal State-Utter nonsense and investigators that are 15 year olds make this show totally absurd.

All the rest that I didn't mention and those not yet produced, are complete B.S.

Figured since I was outnumbered I'd jump on the bandwagon.

I actually enjoy them all for different reasons

What do you mean investitgators that act like 15 year olds etc? I've only watched Ghost hunters and Paranormal State and neither group seems to act like 15 year olds. Could you clarify please?

I think they are are wonderful... for what they are. Entertaining. The fact that we all have opinions proves they are doing what they are meant to, bring in viewers. I don't think any of them claim to be true documentarist works. They're fine, as long as they stay in thier boxes. As soon as the merchandise starts popping up in a Wal-Mart, and it will, then the war is on.

Allthough I think Celt is being a little harsh, I have to admit you have a valid point here. One of the things I liked about Ghost Hunters is that they didn't always find evidence, but here lately I admit that they do seem to be finding a lot more, and...... This most recent episode, Tonights as a matter of fact the one that ran at the tail end of the Live Reveal has me scratching my head, it almost looks like the door and hanger were faked... It is sooooo.. hard for me to admit that as I said at the beginning of this thread, I have met and briefly worked with these guys albeit a long time ago.. during season two and I sure wouldn't have thought from that brief meeting that they would stoop to faking evidence. But this episode has some issues. Number one the door, it looks like either the camera man pulls it from the front ( We can not see the door knob) or it is pushed from behind.. either way the whole thing just looks funny and then the coat hanger why if the thing flew off once weren't they training thier cameras on the coat hanger rather than on Jay? It looks to me like it was tossed into the frame. Perhaps and this is just speculation here but perhaps they were directed to "find" more evidence to keep thier ratings up and thus keep the show on the air.. I mean who wants to wach weeks and weeks of no evidence that would get boring now wouldn't it.