Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

hominid cryptids

makaya325

speaking of hominid cryptids, which one of them do you find the most interesting? most likely to exist?

has anyone heard of dfoot?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• makaya325

• Undeadskeptic

• S2F

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

speaking of hominid cryptids, which one of them do you find the most interesting? most likely to exist?

has anyone heard of dfoot?

NO..

please elaborate.. If you start a thread, it is always a good idea to supply information for members to digest and the reply to.. this is not a quiz show?

D Foot...................... :huh:

Is'n't a D Foot a joint piece on a flute?

King Tut looks like a cryptid homnid. (Click the underlined)

linked-image

His skull is very mishapen

linked-image

An amazing record.

linked-image

Edited by psyche101

http://www.crystalinks.com/incanskulls.html

That reminds me of these skulls. I wonder why I haven't seen this correlation before. There are several who believe there was a link between ancient Egypt and South America. Weird.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail the thread. As far as hominid cryptids, personally I see BF (and it's near relatives, yowie, yeti etc.) as the most probable but it's like arguing the difference between 0.0001% and 0.00011% ^_^

ya-ya-li, stick indians, bush women, stone giant, guardian of the mountains,

ever heard of old yellow top?

http://www.crystalinks.com/incanskulls.html

That reminds me of these skulls. I wonder why I haven't seen this correlation before. There are several who believe there was a link between ancient Egypt and South America. Weird.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail the thread. As far as hominid cryptids, personally I see BF (and it's near relatives, yowie, yeti etc.) as the most probable but it's like arguing the difference between 0.0001% and 0.00011% ^_^

I don't think it is derailling -the thread simply asks for hominid cryptids and which ones are most likely, these strange skulls to me seem an incredible mystery. Biff wont miss us for a bit ;) The cranial capacity appears to have been increased in the examples from the link you have provided, many write this off as head binding, but the volumes appear affected, I am not sure how that can be possible. How would this affect cognative abilities, intelligence, imagination, hearing, balance? Is this a cousin of man? Do any of these stange skulls have complete skeletons with them? So many questions, yet so little appears to be handy on this subject. I would love to see some CGI restorations of complete skeletons. I have read these skulls are abundant in the area - to a point where tourists can purchase them - I would like to know if this is true, I would dearly love to get a hold of a specimen for personal study if that is the case. I would be very pleased to read a peer reviwed paper surmising the origin of these enigmatic pieces.

One of the most intruiging mysteries I have ever is seen this strange coneheaded peoples. I find the possibilities endlessly fascinating. Trully a cryptid hominid with bones.

http://www.circulartimes.net/Eccentric%20L...%20CMD%20CT.htm

Here in this link it brings up a theory that it could have actually increased blood flow and cognitive abilities. However it is only speculation without a living example to go by.

What I find fascinating as well is that I didn't know Egyptians practiced similar methods as well as the Incas or the Peruvians. I wonder if there are other accounts around the world, maybe Middle East or China, or maybe you have heard of this in Australia too? I'll have to do a little more research. You are right, it is very interesting.

So far what I have found is that there seems to be some sort of hierarchy associated with the process, it serves to differentiate or elevate someones status.

http://www.circulartimes.net/Eccentric%20L...%20CMD%20CT.htm

Here in this link it brings up a theory that it could have actually increased blood flow and cognitive abilities. However it is only speculation without a living example to go by.

What I find fascinating as well is that I didn't know Egyptians practiced similar methods as well as the Incas or the Peruvians. I wonder if there are other accounts around the world, maybe Middle East or China, or maybe you have heard of this in Australia too? I'll have to do a little more research. You are right, it is very interesting.

So far what I have found is that there seems to be some sort of hierarchy associated with the process, it serves to differentiate or elevate someones status.

Interesting. I do hope we have some anthropologist keen to have a closer look at these enigmatic pieces.

Good link buddy! Interresting theory on the blood flow, I wonder if computer generated extrapolations could offer answers. I found another link There seems to be a great deal more information available on these skulls than there was a year ago, I hope this indicates interest is picking up.

From above link

The practice of head binding to create an elongated skull and trephination date back nearly 9000 years. Trephination was the surgical process of removing a section of skull. This is thought to have been performed to relieve pressure caused by the binding process or to allow access to the brain. It was not clear how these operations were performed until a complete surgical kit was discovered, including obsidian knives, spatulas made from sperm whale teeth, cotton balls, bandages, thread and needles. Surprisingly, patients survived these primitive surgeries as is evidenced by the healed bone edges. The act of elongating the skull was achieved by binding the head of a child with cloth, rope and boards. As the child's skull grew and developed, it would elongate. Both of these practices have long been studied and debated by anthropologists.

I am sure there is much to learn from these strange artfiacts. Such a shame the UFO community jumped on them first and touted them as proof of aliens, I hope that does not affect the credibility of the finds. One good thing to come from that I suppose, all claims will be met with meticulous scrutiny from a large audience, which should bias an honest outcome with regards to any results. The Egyptian occourances are indeed fascinating.

I have never heard of any type of head binding practise here in Oz.

Edited by psyche101

psyche, since we know that a creature like biff existed, giganto, meganthropus robustus, homo erectus. do u view hominids as most likely crypitds?

'

;/

psyche, since we know that a creature like biff existed, giganto, meganthropus robustus, homo erectus. do u view hominids as most likely crypitds?

'

;/

Not because similar creatures existed previously, as one could use that same argument for living dinosaur claims, which we know to be false, and because the previous models - eg. Meganthropos, Gigantopethicus etc were replaced by more efficient models that have evolved/survived to this era.

Just the process of evolution at work, changing environment is best suited to those who adapt to it most efficiently. Those that do not become part of the fossil record.

giganto, likely extinct, might have lived recently throughout china, and be the origin for the yeren.

theirs alot of species we dont know of in the fossil record. most fossils we find are by chance, and arent well preserved even in areas good for fossilization. finding a bone in a rain forest? forget about it

giganto, likely extinct, might have lived recently throughout china, and be the origin for the yeren.

theirs alot of species we dont know of in the fossil record. most fossils we find are by chance, and arent well preserved even in areas good for fossilization. finding a bone in a rain forest? forget about it

I just do not subscribe to the Gigantopethicus theory. All the evidence I see points toward a quadurapedal animal in both species of Gigantopethicus. Many morphs would have to take place, including a major restructuring of the skeletal frame. The pruported itelligence required to stealthily evade humankind for so long also begs questions of evolution and current social structures.

Bone in a forest? I believe fossils have been found in China, Patagonia, PNG and Madagascar. Here is a paper in fossilised Giant Clams being recovered from a rainforest in PNG and Southern Brazil and northern Argentina have long provided some of the best dinosaur finds - there is even a Dinosaur named after the Amazon in relation to the finds - Amazonsaurus

Harder yes - there is much decaying leaf litter which has built up over thousands of years, and a fair amount of vegitation to deal with, not to mention the more difficult humid conditions that exist in such areas, but as you can see, it happens.

Edited by psyche101

I just do not subscribe to the Gigantopethicus theory. All the evidence I see points toward a quadurapedal animal in both species of Gigantopethicus. Many morphs would have to take place, including a major restructuring of the skeletal frame. The pruported itelligence required to stealthily evade humankind for so long also begs questions of evolution and current social structures.

Bone in a forest? I believe fossils have been found in China, Patagonia, PNG and Madagascar. Here is a paper in fossilised Giant Clams being recovered from a rainforest in PNG and Southern Brazil and northern Argentina have long provided some of the best dinosaur finds - there is even a Dinosaur named after the Amazon in relation to the finds - Amazonsaurus

Harder yes - there is much decaying leaf litter which has built up over thousands of years, and a fair amount of vegitation to deal with, not to mention the more difficult humid conditions that exist in such areas, but as you can see, it happens.

most fossils are found in dry places, and places like africa are horrible at preserving bones. rain forests are a no-no. no wonder y animal bones are very common in arizona

most fossils are found in dry places, and places like africa are horrible at preserving bones. rain forests are a no-no. no wonder y animal bones are very common in arizona

I am rather comnfused? Did you follow the links I provided, or read my post?

Wow those skulls are spooky.

It makes me very curious.

Perhaps they are aliens.

Perhaps they were a subspecies of humans that had sacreligious beliefs and the modern humans hunted them and crushed their skulls because of their anomalies, and thts why so few are found. Besides the displayed which obviously escaped the carnage.

Its really hard tos ay really :P

Wow those skulls are spooky.

It makes me very curious.

Perhaps they are aliens.

Perhaps they were a subspecies of humans that had sacreligious beliefs and the modern humans hunted them and crushed their skulls because of their anomalies, and thts why so few are found. Besides the displayed which obviously escaped the carnage.

Its really hard tos ay really :P

if that was in reference to the ican skulls? then no, theyre just modified skulls that they started to form as they were babies because of the soft bones.

of all the species on earth, the hominids are by far the rarest

if that was in reference to the ican skulls? then no, theyre just modified skulls that they started to form as they were babies because of the soft bones.

I find the greatest anomoly to be that the volume appers to have increased.

Fascinating subject. I would be very keen to know how this affected cognative abilities, behavioural patterns, social abilities, intelligence etc. Why different shapes? Different equipment? Did this affect the previous enquiries? The list is endless......

of all the species on earth, the hominids are by far the rarest

There would have to be over 8 billion of them.

There would have to be over 8 billion of them.

8 billion hominids? yet we dont find most of the bodies of people dead

8 billion hominids? yet we dont find most of the bodies of people dead

What planet might you be on?

Just wondering.

Hominid.

What planet might you be on?

Just wondering.

Hominid.

we find alot of human bodies bc most are found in very crowded areas where u cant miss them, and arent found dead in forests bad for fossilization. copasetic has pointed out to me the pnw forests soil isnt very good at all at preserving bones

we find alot of human bodies bc most are found in very crowded areas where u cant miss them, and arent found dead in forests bad for fossilization. copasetic has pointed out to me the pnw forests soil isnt very good at all at preserving bones

In addition to the many human bodies, we also find Gorilla bodies - in the Congo, which I am sure you will find has properties that would allow the dissapation of a dead body at a far greater rate than that of the PNW due to heat and larger insect populations. Not to mention the danger associated with entering a war zone.

WARNING GRAPHIC STORY - Four endangered gorillas found shot dead

I am sure Copasetic would be accurate in his information, but I doubt he says the soil properties are maintained evenly throughout the entire PNW. I am sure I have given you a link in the past from a Gardening website that explains something of the distribution of soils across the area, and where more acidic soils are found. For all bones to be disolved over the last ten thousand years is a ludicrous assumption.

There is no reasonable answer to the bones question.

Edited by psyche101

I am sure Copasetic would be accurate in his information, but I doubt he says the soil properties are maintained evenly throughout the entire PNW. I am sure I have given you a link in the past from a Gardening website that explains something of the distribution of soils across the area, and where more acidic soils are found. For all bones to be disolved over the last ten thousand years is a ludicrous assumption.

does sound unlikely, but when it comes to gigantopithecus for example, all were going off of are teeth.

does sound unlikely, but when it comes to gigantopithecus for example, all were going off of are teeth.

Only because the Chinese have been grinding the remains as Dragon Bones for the 500 or so years and selling the powder of as a remedy. A full skeleton will show up one day, especially now that a second species of Gigantopethicus has been discovered. Be patient.........