Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the planet playing with our minds?

UM-Bot

news icon rAnthony North: Ever since the goddess was conceived there have been ideas of a living Earth. The goddess herself usually symbolized, in ancient times, the planet and the nature within her.

She had a bond that stretched to man, nurturing and punishing as required.In the Gaia Hypothesis, James Lovelock revitalized the idea in more scientific terms.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Beyond the Blog

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Valleysailor

• ravergirl

• idontcare

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

linked-imageAnthony North: The book of revelation, however, offers a different idea.: It speaks of the Rapture, when people will be taken up en masse to the Kingdom of Heaven. As to what actually happens, it is vague.

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: Beyond the Blog

I believe you are incorrect that the Book of Revelation speaks in any way, shape or form to the notion of the "Rapture" when people will ascend to heaven en masse. Could you please provide specific references to this??

Y'know, this reminds me of my idea of the whole twenty twelve deal. I wondered if we will learn that Earth had a mind of its own all along...

Scary, isn't that? :unsure2:

I believe you are incorrect that the Book of Revelation speaks in any way, shape or form to the notion of the "Rapture" when people will ascend to heaven en masse. Could you please provide specific references to this??

here

1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1 Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Thess 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

1Cor 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1Cor 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Cor 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

1Cor 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Rev 3:10

10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

Edited by ravergirl

linked-image

Religions have answers within human societies. They provide cultures,

Somehow i doubt it...Just ask any indigenous peoples.

and these have an effect upon us.

I think it's called suppression of the truth.

Now, those changes are political. In the past, politics worked through other means -namely religion.

Ah yes, Politics & Religion; The great lost & found department. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ravegirl . I have read the bible from genises to revelation and found no reference to any rapture . Although I might not be Chritian there is most definitely no scripture for a rapture type moment , but it gets preached , because it is popular ant soothing etc.

(The quotes you provide don't mention anything like a rapture specifically )