Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Sumerian's Planet Tablets

Hot_Mama

:lol: Blasphemer! Heretic! You will burn forever in the fires of Hades or will be locked into a small room for all of eternity with Piazzi Smyth, John Taylor, Zecharia Sitchin, Graham Hancock, and Michael Jackson.

It's your choice. Which eternal damnation would be worst? :devil:

*dries eyes after laughing

If only it were for such as this that /I/ was going to hell.

On the bright side, at least the conversation in hell will be good. Heaven only knows what the saint will discuss.

--Jaylemurph

On the bright side, at least the conversation in hell will be good. Heaven only knows what the saint will discuss.

--Jaylemurph

:lol: Well, you and cormac can share a fire pit down there. He'll bring the marhsmallows and you gather the sticks. And seeing as how I'll probably be joining you heathen sinners, I'll bring the beer.

:lol: Well, you and cormac can share a fire pit down there. He'll bring the marhsmallows and you gather the sticks. And seeing as how I'll probably be joining you heathen sinners, I'll bring the beer.

wait...............

who's bringing the women ?

:w00t:

Never much cared for beer, but if you could manage some Alabama Slammers it's a deal.

To legionromanes:

You are, buddy.

K

I'll go phone Rockbiatch

:tu:

That's so messed up. Remind me not to put you in charge of anything else. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Heinlein, relying on an old theory from the 40s, used to refer to the asteroids as the remnants of an "exploded planet," calling them "Lucifer's bones." But while he was trained as an engineer, Heinlein was also a science fiction author. More recent astronomical theories, I believe, suggest that the asteroid belt did not result from the destruction of a planet but are leftover chunks of material that did not become a planet in the first place.

I watched Planet of the Apes last night, the newish one with Mark Wahlberg, all seen it have we?

While watching it the part caught me where they are explaining their Ape God and their beginnings from 'time before time' at the area where the spaceship had crashed, and Seymour took over the men who were on Earth, this was the 'beginning' for the apes, the start of their existance....the time before time, the time of their God.

Weird. Thinking of this on a parallel to man, could it be the same?

Was it when we emerged from the subordination of another species or sub species, even a more dominant race?

Is Sumeria the city of Gods and the first city a co-incidence? Or is it like the sacred area in Planet of the Apes? The place where we took control of our selves from a barbarian controller and introduced Gods, the place that became the start of a new civilisation, it's almost like you can read this same theme in the Bible recorded as ancient history. Is this what Sitchin was reading, just his interpretations may have been askew.

Sorry, accidently double posted.

Edited by The Puzzler

I always wondered if the fact the ancients thought that Venus was 2 seperate planets had anything to do with it all.

Or maybe a returning comet.

The moon story is interesting CS but I don't think it is mentioned at what time frame we would be looking at for this.

It reminds me of the theories of Venus being hit by another celestial body, which oddly makes alot of sense, not only scientifically in the way it orbits and spins but also everything from the change in climate here in Earth c. 4000BC to a tilt in the Earth's axis being attributed to it.

Heinlein, relying on an old theory from the 40s, used to refer to the asteroids as the remnants of an "exploded planet," calling them "Lucifer's bones." But while he was trained as an engineer, Heinlein was also a science fiction author. More recent astronomical theories, I believe, suggest that the asteroid belt did not result from the destruction of a planet but are leftover chunks of material that did not become a planet in the first place.

Actually, the idea that the asteroid belt was an exploded planet is much. much older than the 1940s. It was the original theory for its existence, and dates back to at least the 19th Century.

I always wondered if the fact the ancients thought that Venus was 2 seperate planets had anything to do with it all.

...the ancient thought Venus was to separate planets? I've never heard that.

--Jaylemurph

Actually, the idea that the asteroid belt was an exploded planet is much. much older than the 1940s. It was the original theory for its existence, and dates back to at least the 19th Century.

--Jaylemurph

Yep, that was phrased really bad - I meant they thought that the Evening Star was a different planet to the Morning Star..

--Jaylemurph

pythagoras figured it out

:tu:

• 10 years later...
On 2/22/2009 at 10:40 PM, jaylemurph said:

--Jaylemurph

Marching formations.

Harte

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harte said:

Marching formations.

*Reason for necropost- Advanced senility* 

:o

• Haha 2