Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Sumerian's Planet Tablets

Hot_Mama

Who is "us"?

Us modern humans wit our teleoscopes and dewdads en sich.

Harte

Us modern humans wit our teleoscopes and dewdads en sich.

Harte

I int got no dewdads onist

I int got no dewdads onist

Huh?

Why, hailfire, yins'll be aneedin to be agittin yins some dewdads.

Caint spot no Niburu witout a havin dem dewdads on yore teleoscope!

Harte

Sorry dude, but your Mesopotamian link says over six thousand years ago which would be 4000BC, not 6000BC.

cormac

Reading comprehension, eh, cormac? :lol:

Huh?

Harte

I am imminently pleased that Harte used the correct plural of "y'all".

--Jaylemurph

Reading comprehension, eh, cormac? :lol:

Or someone's lack thereof. :P

cormac

--Jaylemurph

Better known to hillbillies as "yuins" and "yuins'll". :D

cormac

cormac

I'll have you know, cormac, parts of my family have lived in the same corner of North Carolina since 1703. That's three centuries of poor white trash to you, sir, not the 1900s term "hillbilly"!

;)

--Jaylemurph

I'll have you know, cormac, parts of my family have lived in the same corner of North Carolina since 1703. That's three centuries of poor white trash to you, sir, not the 1900s term "hillbilly"!

;)

--Jaylemurph

Wow, cool. That's white-trash nobility. I bow to you, sir. :D

;)

--Jaylemurph

Hey, "Devil Anse" Hatfield was a distant cousin of mine, I figure I'm entitled to use the word "hillbilly". Also, much of my family is from Surry County, North Carolina, Southwestern Virginia and Southern West Virginia from the mid 1700's, Jamestown Virginia area - early 1600's. Sounds like both our families have been here too long. :lol:

cormac

Hey, "Devil Anse" Hatfield was a distant cousin of mine, I figure I'm entitled to use the word "hillbilly". Also, much of my family is from Surry County, North Carolina, Southwestern Virginia and Southern West Virginia from the mid 1700's, Jamestown Virginia area - early 1600's. Sounds like both our families have been here too long. :lol:

cormac

I lived in Hot Springs, Arkansas for a couple of years before moving to Chicago. Beautiful little city and a gorgeous state, although the 110˚ heat in the summer was a bit much. Anyway, it was my experience that no one makes as much fun of the hillbillies as the hillbillies themselves do. I met and worked with and befriended a number of people you could easily refer to as "hillbilly," and they were some of the nicest people I ever met. :)

cormac

Hey, I'm not saying you can't use the term -- just use it with specificity! I have court records explicitly calling my family "poor white trash"! One hopes to raise the tone of the family line, but breedin' does tell...

:)

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

Hey, I'm not saying you can't use the term -- just use it with specificity! I have court records explicitly calling my family "poor white trash"! One hopes to raise the tone of the family line, but breedin' does tell...

:)

--Jaylemurph

Mine never got into name calling. One did, however, have his wife put in stocks for several days for cheating on him. Another was fined 100 pounds of tobacco for hunting boar on Sunday.

cormac

Mine never got into name calling. One did, however, have his wife put in stocks for several days for cheating on him. Another was fined 100 pounds of tobacco for hunting boar on Sunday.

cormac

Wasn't this in the news down there last week? :lol:

Huh?

Harte

--Jaylemurph

cormac

As an aside, and in the vein of linguistics (which it seems Jaylemurph has some perverse interest in,) the term "yins" is primarily used in the southern Appalachian regions, whereas "yuins" is more often found in the more northern areas of Appalachia, and, of course, the Ozarks.

Harte

As an aside, and in the vein of linguistics (which it seems Jaylemurph has some perverse interest in,) the term "yins" is primarily used in the southern Appalachian regions, whereas "yuins" is more often found in the more northern areas of Appalachia, and, of course, the Ozarks.

Harte

The Scottish people use the term yin also, eg. big yin, big man or big one.

when the us head of homeland security sharpton was in canada last week, he was briefing law enforcement about the waves of fleeing rednecks we might expect [apparently they can't get jobs in mexico]. in the hillybonics pamphlet left by the sharpton team, it suggests that they [rednecks] might try to disguise themselves by affixing the aboooot sound to everything. yuuuus all was the example i remember.

i am trying to learn as fast as i can i'll tell you. apparently the hr folks at macdonalds restaruants and wama are on an emergency footing. only the wama folks have any real experience with yoooots [dam, thats brooklynese isn't it]

• Like 1

when the us head of homeland security sharpton was in canada last week, he was briefing law enforcement about the waves of fleeing rednecks we might expect [apparently they can't get jobs in mexico]. in the hillybonics pamphlet left by the sharpton team, it suggests that they [rednecks] might try to disguise themselves by affixing the aboooot sound to everything. yuuuus all was the example i remember.

Thanks, shemtov. We had all sort of avoided falling into crude racism and casual bigotry, but you bit the bullet and went there for us.

--Jaylemurph

• Thanks 1

Thanks, shemtov. We had all sort of avoided falling into crude racism and casual bigotry, but you bit the bullet and went there for us.

--Jaylemurph

sorry. just came back from a trip and white american jokes were all the rage. guess it hasn't gotten here yet.

Harte

After some reflection, I felt this post needed more.

See, the usage of the word "yuins" in the more northerly portion of Appalachia represents the more proper use. Both terms are actually used in both areas of Appalachia, as well as all over the Ozarks.

"Yuins" compares to "yins" the way "ustedes" compares to "tus" in Spanish. "Yuins" is the general term and is more properly used in situations where formality is called for. Examples include church, tractor pulls and the Fish-O-Rama trade show in Atlanta.

"Yins" is the familiar term that is more properly used in the company of friends and family and in the less formal settings such as around the still, in the tree stand and on coon hunts.

Because of the more relaxed and laid-back atmosphere the further south you go in the Eastern US (until you get to Florida - or little New York - that is,) the use of "yins" is more widespread. Such a relaxed useage of the term in some similar circumstances further north could result in starting a feud. The hill folk take their grammer quite seriously, you see.

Hope that clears it up.

Harte

• Like 1

sorry. just came back from a trip and white american jokes were all the rage. guess it hasn't gotten here yet.

yep. the disclaimer rocks, or completely ignored.

After some reflection, I felt this post needed more.

See, the usage of the word "yuins" in the more northerly portion of Appalachia represents the more proper use. Both terms are actually used in both areas of Appalachia, as well as all over the Ozarks.

"Yuins" compares to "yins" the way "ustedes" compares to "tus" in Spanish. "Yuins" is the general term and is more properly used in situations where formality is called for. Examples include church, tractor pulls and the Fish-O-Rama trade show in Atlanta.

"Yins" is the familiar term that is more properly used in the company of friends and family and in the less formal settings such as around the still, in the tree stand and on coon hunts.

Because of the more relaxed and laid-back atmosphere the further south you go in the Eastern US (until you get to Florida - or little New York - that is,) the use of "yins" is more widespread. Such a relaxed useage of the term in some similar circumstances further north could result in starting a feud. The hill folk take their grammer quite seriously, you see.

Hope that clears it up.

Harte

Never thought I'd ever see hill folk vindicated in print. Cool! :tu:

cormac

CHUCK NORRIS WAS HERE?

The first symbol is Chuck's left fist and the last symbol is Chuck's right fist and I'm not sure what is in the middle. Maybe a can of Whupa$@.