Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Update] Big Chat Room changes

Saru

So we'll be able to log in anytime after the problem is fixed?

Yes if the problem can be solved.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• She-ra

• Cloudshill

• DrawingPics

Works in my windows - Firefox, but not linux (Fedora) - Firefox. Both in the same network

Edited by chrisfreak

I clicked in to chatroom yesturday and thought I'd found myself in a whole new dimension, I got spooked and clicked out.

Okay so username then password!! Okies!!

Saru you rawk bro!!!

*does a lil Nutbush jig, slides out*

Thanks for the epic updates, Saru!

Problem, however. At login, I typed my username and password, but it said I didn't exist on UM....

Unless there's a warp in reality, I doubt that's supposed to happen.

Make sure you are logged in to the forum and that you are using your display name as oppose to your usual login name in order to log in to the chat.

OMG YOU HAVE TO COME CHAT WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

♥♥♥

I use to be a regular in chat, but after my UM buddies quit the chatroom and basically quit UM...I stopped visiting the chatroom.

I finally got to check out the new chatroom....looks good :tu:....I like the new features :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get into the new chat the first several days without a problem.....but I haven't been able to get in for the last 13 days..:(..Sometimes it starts to load.......but it has only gotten as far as 34%....then the center of the screen goes white???.......I have left it to see if it is still loading, but nothing happens. I deleted all my cookies and temp files, but it still wont load. I even reinstalled flash. I miss my friends......HELP!!!!!!!!.......:|

Do you have another browser on your computer you can try it on ?

I have a chat room on my own site. People seem to be scared or something, they don't enter the chat room at any time.

I am here now, and no one is present.

You know, you have to pm all the members here, and tell them how nice it would be to talk with someone you know from the board.

Just a suggestion.

Do you have another browser on your computer you can try it on ?

Thank you Saru.....I tried firefox.......it didn't work either.........I am using home computer ...so its not going through a network. Thanks for your help.

i also have had a few probs, same as others but fixed them. if it says you do not exist, close the browser and then reload um, (if your settings delete cookies on exit, log in again) then go to the chat room and log in. if that does not help, then delete your cookies and cache, then sign back in.

when the room will not load completely, just hit reload on the browser, it should then load. I am on dial up and it takes it about 45 secs to load.

For the first time i went to chat room I had plugin problems then with the updating of UM live chatrooms it all solved now i am happy with the chat rooms i appesr daily for chat around 0730 middle east time

Thanks

Universal Legend

Still can't get in ???...... :unsure2:

Are you able to view any other Flash movies or programs on your browser ?

Do you have a firewall or ad-blocking program that could be preventing it from loading ?

Thanks Saru, I'll disable the firewall and give it a try.......

The ball is in your court

Thanks

Universal Legend

cloudshill, check your internet settings to make sure flash is allowed, also, do not disable your firewall, go into your filewalls settings and add the url for the chat room in the allowed/trusted sites. also, make sure you have the newest flash player installed.

Thanks Odd Christian....I had already installed the latest flash....but I'm still trying other things....I think..... :blink:

Doesn't the new way of listing posts detract from general idea of keeping the momentum of a 'thread' running (due to the fact you have to keep constantly selecting individual posts instead of being able to see them all in context)?

We haven't made any changes to the way in which posts are listed.

Click "options" at the top right hand side and make sure you have "standard" selected.